Code of Conduct

Default "Lost" fragrances

Good evening, I am new to this board and have had a great time reading all the posts.

Has anyone here heard of a fragrance called Bain Nouveau? In the 60's when I would go shopping with my mom I would head dtraight to the perfume counter at Meyer & Frank in Oregon and use the tested for this scent. It was WONDERFUL and if I try hard enough I can still "smell" it in my mind.

Also, how about Enui by Shiseido? Has it fallen off the face of the earth? Inquiring minds need to know!

Llyn M.

Default Re: "Lost" fragrances

Sorry to say I'm not familiar with either of these two fragrances. But just wanted to say welcome! Could you describe them?

MJH

Welcome to Basenotes, Llyn!

Quote Originally Posted by Llyn
    Has anyone here heard of a fragrance called Bain Nouveau? In the 60's when I would go shopping with my mom I would head dtraight to the perfume counter at Meyer & Frank in Oregon and use the tested for this scent. It was WONDERFUL and if I try hard enough I can still "smell" it in my mind.
    I've never heard of Bain Nouveau (hoping someone else has, though), but came up with these two other similarly-named scents. Could it possibly be one of these?
    http://www.perfumeworld.net/englishs...m#bainparfaitw

Bain Parfait (Women) : Lucien Lelong(E.T.Browne) USA
    Bal de Bain : 1966 Regency Cosmetics
    Olfactive description:Rose Jasmine Spicy Woody(Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver)
    Also, how about Enui by Shiseido? Has it fallen off the face of the earth? Inquiring minds need to know!
    Well, Fufu is our resident Inou• expert: she shared a sample with me several months ago and it's fantastic, but I can't remember now if we decided if it's discontinued altogether, or only available at some far-away Shiseido counter in Japan.

Shesh, no wonder I couldn't fing "enui" ...spelling is not even close, although I beleive the pronunciation is the same...awn-wee? Is that correct?

As for Bain Nouveau...it was a wonderful warm floral, not too sweet or heavy, just very warm and feminine.

Funny the things we remember. When I was very small we used to go to KNotts Berry Farm in California w/ my garndma and in one of the gift shops they ahd a huge glass bowl with a perfume oil in it that was exquisite! They had little paper strips that you could dip in the oil to test it. I remember that is where my mom headed first every time we went. The oil was very expensive and we would treasure our little strips of scented paper for days after our visit! Seems a lot of my fondest memories are tied to scent! Remember Ben Hur?? First "perfume" I was allowed to own. Bought a bottle at the dime store in 1963!

Cheers!
    Llyn

Here is what I found:
    Inoui Shiseido (1976) Green Floral.
    Description : Green fruity spicy mossy blend of lemon, green notes, galbanum, peach, juniper, heart is jasmin, pine needles, thyme, freesia, base is oakmoss, cedarwood, myrrh, civet and musk.

I still have an half empty bottle of Inoui (edp) in my collection that I bought in the late 80s. It's fresh and soft but also quite longlasting. There is also some sort of aldehydic quality to it.

MJH

Remember Ben Hur?? First "perfume" I was allowed to own. Bought a bottle at the dime store in 1963!
    I see Ben Hur come up for sale on eBay every now and then, and it's always intrigued me. For a scent that was in production for such a long time, it's odd that I see so little mention of it on-line.

Welcome, Llyn! ;D ;D As MJH sez, I love Inoui with a passion. Sadly, it pretty much has vanished from the face of the earth. :'( I bought mine on eBay and it was way too expensive but y'know, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I cherish it and love it, after looking for it for years. Why they took such a unusual, beautiful scent off the market none of us will ever know.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West