Code of Conduct

Default If she like L'Occitane Amber she will like...

Hi-
    Need more help. My GF is out of L'Occitane Amber, and the juice just isn't available at the stores or online ... at least in time for Xmas. Anyhow, wondering if you had any recommendations.

The closest thing I could think of to it was M7 (not knowing much about women's fragrances) but her skin just dissolves M7!
    K.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Ladylonestar

Default Re: If she like L'Occitane Amber she will like...

Hi, K! I have the L'Occitane Amber Parfum Extract and this is really nothing like M7 (to my nose). My extract is a very rich, sweet, musky, vanilla-y amber. It actually reminds me somewhat of Must de Cartier parfum and even the eau de toilette to some degree. It's hard to say what someone else might like, but Must de Cartier is similar, I think, and one you would be able to sample well before Christmas, to see what YOU think.

Others to think about, though not as similar in my opinion, but absolutely gorgeous, are L'Artisan Amber Extreme, Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan, and Molinard Les Senteurs Ambre.

Hove, I am told, makes a wonderful Antique Amber or Amber Antique. And another very ambery fragrance to consider is Anne Pliska. MPG Ambre Precieux is stunning, but I don't find it that similar to the L'Occitane amber extract. Calypso Ambre is also gorgeous.

I'm sure there are others, but these come to mind immediately. Good luck!

Nope. Not close.

Ambre Precieux by MPG, Ambre Narguile by Hermes...or just good old Kuumba Made Amber Oil from a health food store would be alot closer.

Thanks for the recommendations. I may go with the L'Artisan since that's something to which I have local access.

I haven't seen the L'Oc Parfum extract, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. There's a L'Oc store at the King of Prussia Mall. They did not have L'Oc Amber, and the L'Oc website seems to have it out of stock. She uses the L'Oc Amber EDT.

Side note: She's loving Bowling Green on herself. I would have thought it would be too piney, but it smelled decent actually. Hmm.

On GF L'Oc Amber = M7 - Agarwood. YMMV.

That's the closest thing I have to Amber unless you count a bottle of Gucci Nobile I traded away. It dried down to total amber. Yuck! I don't care much for amber myself so I traded it away.

But I got (presumably) a newer/different batch of Gucci Nobile which is very green, mercifully. My thinking was that either the bottle was old and the green disintegrated OR there were serious problems with quality control at Scannon when they made the batch. K.
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I second the L'artisan ambre extreme or L'eau de ambre as being a very nice amber.
    also ambre sultan is heavenly.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the L'Artisan Amber and the L'Artisan Amber Extreme?

ambre extreme = edp
    L'eau de ambre = edt
    I like both and I get good wear/longevity from the edt.
    the edp is more intense and hangs closer to the skin

Quote Originally Posted by K
    I haven't seen the L'Oc Parfum extract, but I'll keep my eyes peeled.
    I'm pretty sure L'Occitane discontinued the perfume extracts a year or two ago. It's such a shame because it was really a great value, selling for about $9 I believe. I had picked up a few of these and thought they smelled even better than the edt sprays that were selling for much more.

I have the Ambre Extract and yes L'Occitane discontinued all their extracts. Yes I agree with the Ambre Extreme,quite close.

M7 is agarwood and not amber at all.
    DONNA

Ladylonestar

Sorry, K. Plumeria and Donna speak truth -- I should have mentioned that the L'Occitane amber extract is discontinued. I received mine as a gift from a friend, and then was able to find some more on ebay. I also got the solid (which I don't like too much) and the lotion.

Another vote for L'Artisan Ambre Extrme!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."