Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jayne Ormonde's perfume

I saw a small news about the new Ormonde's Sampaquita at Wallpaper

Here is frorm the website:

With its large elegant cream coloured petals, frangipani is perhaps the queen of all tropical flowers. The heart of the structure is a fabulous heady fusion of frangipani, jasmine and tuberose absolutes, elevated with plum, water lilies and green orchid oil. The scent has great foundations and architecture, the notes are soft, captivating and unforgettable.

- Top: Linden blossom, magnolia flower and lime peel
    - Heart: White frangipani, jasmine, rose and tuberose absolutes, water lilies, plum, and green orchid oil
    - Base: Amber, musk, cedar and French vanilla absolute

I am sorry if this has been disscussed before.
    Has anyone tried it:-)?
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Jayne Ormonde's perfume

Would love to try all the three new scents, especially Ormonde for Men!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to try the ta'if.

I haver tried the sampaguita and i was unimpressed.
    I really like her fragrances and this one was just not up to snuff wiith her fragrances. It is a light, white, limp floral . Nice, but nothing special.....

I was not impressed with Sampaquita either.

The Ta'if is lovely, but has a very amber-y base so despite my admiration, will probably not be my next purchase. Sticking with my favorites: Champaca, Frangipani, and Osmanthus.

Can't wait to smell the new Ormonde for men.

Post Thanks / Like

The Ormonde for men has oud:-) Very promising.
    (Oct. 3rd).

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a sample package for £14 on her website. It includes all of her scents even the new ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Cedric:-)
    (Oct. 3rd).

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    You can get a sample package for £14 on her website. It includes all of her scents even the new ones.
    Copying the link from a post on PoL:
    http://www.ormondejayne.com/shop_online.php
    and the sample package:
    http://www.ormondejayne.com/shop_scents_sample.php

Santemon shared his Ormonde Jayne samples with me earlier this year and I loved them, but could never find a practical way to order a bottle of my favorite (Ormonde) myself. I went ahead and ordered the sample pack a few minutes ago.

Post Thanks / Like

MJH naughty boy! You are indeed a bad influence! I just went and ordered the sample package too and I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tolu is wonderful. When I visited Linda this year, I was actually treated like a Prince. It was a very hot day and she sent her assistant out to buy me and my partner a can of pop each. She also gave me a sneaky sniff of the base for the Ormonde for Men, the rest hadn't been decided on. I chose the same one that was her favourite, so I suppose I could say that I have had input into the creation of the Ormonde for Men. She took a photo of me holding perfume strips in her perfume clamp, these were all the different bases that she was considering.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

What month was that barry?

AZTEC

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Aztec, it was the last week in July. The Ormonde for Men was launched about 2 weeks ago.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I finally broke down and ordered the sample set. Linda's fragrances sound intriguing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Prince, thank you for introducing OJ scents to us all in the first place!

Hound, looking forward to reading your impressions!

Ormonde was the one I had to get right away, love it madly! Champaca and Frangipani Absolute are still waiting on my wishlist.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually keep my bottle of Champaca next to my bed so I can sniff it whenever the urge hits me!

marlen

I'm very impressed! I ordered my sample set on Wednesday night and it arrived today (beautifully wrapped, with a brochure describing the fragrances.)

So far, I've tried everything except for Tolu and Ormonde for Men.

Champaca: This is the first one I tried. I thought this was "it" as I sprayed it from the vial but the beautiful basmati rice note didn't last on my skin. Champaca dried down a little minty at first, then settled into a green tea scent. Disappointing!

Frangipane: A very beautiful white floral. This is buttery/creamy a la Fracas and Monyette Paris IMO. Since I own those, I'm going to pass on this one. Frangipane seems a little too "rich" and may be heady or headache inducing if not used in moderation.

Ormonde: This is the one I thought I wouldn't like. Well, I loved it from the first spray! What an unusual fragrance. Black hemlock...hmm. I can't think of a fragrance I can compare Ormonde to, since it's so different. It's spicy, mysterious, soft and floral.

Osmanthus: Gorgeous citrus note in the opening, followed by a green/herbal note which is very tenacious (damn!) on my skin. I can smell the floral notes trying to peek out from underneath.

Sampaguita: Definitely floral, but I can't tell one note from another. My least favorite of the line.

Ta'if: A sweet powdery rose. Nice, but not spectacular.

These are definitely worth trying. Although Ormonde is the only one I'll considering buying, the rest (even those that didn't work for me) are beautifully composed.

Still have to try Tolu and Ormonde for Men.

Update: I'm finding Osmanthus addictive! Although I didn't like the strong citrus/herbal notes at first, it's very fresh, light and pretty. A perfect spring fragrance. Now, if I can just stop sniffing my wrist!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the reviews, Hound!

I love the way Linda wraps the samples and boxes in flaming orange silky paper. (Frˇdˇric Malle scents come in olive green and Serge Lutens in black paper)

Funny, though I can't bear Fracas I love Frangipani, it reminds me of SL Un Lys with its moist "freshly cut flower" smell, but Frangipani is richer, more jungle flower like.

I like Champaca, it's a "cross kitchen" scent! ;D

I loved the presentation, too! I'm wearing Ormonde this morning and still love it... so I will order it as my Christmas present to myself.

I was surprised that you like Frangipane, but every girl needs a tropical floral! I think it's creamy like Fracas, but isn't a "smell-alike." Un Lys sounds good!

Linda is a genius!

Post Thanks / Like

Tee hee, another mortal get's smitten by Linda's scents. That woman is an enchantress with her scents.

Barry

Roja Dove

Absolutely! I wore Ormonde today and I was in heaven.

Ladylonestar

I purchased a decant of Ormonde many months ago and received with it decants of Frangipani and Osmanthus I remember sampling all of them and thinking, "Eh. What's the big deal?" ;D Silly me. Anyway, this thread got me curious, so today I got out my decants and I was absolutely AMAZED to love Ormonde! I mean, what was I thinking? :-[ Thanks for posting the link, Mark. I went ahead and ordered all of the fragrance samples!

Perfume Hound, I could really just copy your reviews of Frangipani, Osmanthus and Ormonde. I agree with all of them. I'll have to pass on Frangipani -- too rich for me, too. Osmanthus, I'm not too sure about. I love the opening, but there's a good amount of musk in the base so that, along with possibly the florals, just doesn't sit well with me. But the Ormonde! Wow! It's very cold here today and this fragrance is stunning -- the cold weather must really suit Ormonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Hound_Dog
    These are definitely worth trying. ŹAlthough Ormonde is the only one I'll considering buying, the rest (even those that didn't work for me) are beautifully composed.
    I definitely agree! I can't wait to try all of the others now.

Hi LLS! Ormonde is incredible, isn't it? Please let us know what you think of the samples, okay?

MJH

Loved your reviews, Hound!

So far, I've been lucky enough to sample Champaca, Tolu, Ormonde and Osmanthus (and I've ordered a new set of samples to include Linda's latest introductions). I wanted to order Ormonde earlier this year, but the logistics of trying to order a full bottle from the US were too daunting for me. Now that her website has been updated, I'm planning on buying a bottle of Ormonde (or maybe Tolu) once the holidays are over.

Mark, I can send you my Tolu sample along with the OJ for Men. I proceeded with more caution than usual re: testing Ormonde. Just wanted to be sure that my love for it was "real" and not a "what was I thinking" moment. Well, I ended my day yesterday still under Ormonde's spell... and ordered a bottle last night.
    I haven't felt this way about a fragrance in a long time...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Hound_Dog
    ŹWell, I ended my day yesterday still under Ormonde's spell... and ordered a bottle last night.
    Wow, so you did make the leap- bad conversion rate and everything? Now I REALLY want to whiff these samples. Must find a moment to get together...
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Key, you've gotta try the Frangipane. Perhaps we can meet next week?

I'm still waiting for my OJ order! Hope it comes today... my sample vial is almost empty...