Code of Conduct

Default Chanel spokeswoman

Suppose you had to cast the spokeswoman for the next Chanel perfume campaign: who would you choose? Money is no object, but bare in mind that you CAN'T turn back time.

Your spokeswoman will feature in print ads and a tv commercial. Feel free to add what these would look like (romantic, abstract, young/fresh, urban, artsy, etc.)

Default Re: Chanel spokeswoman

:-X I can't turn back time? Hmph. Well, let's see. Definitely NOT Renee Zellweger. Zita Jones is considered a great beauty these days, but not to me. I'm trying to think. Gisele Bundchen? She's got fire and a fat free body. If a gun were held to my head, I might go with her. ???

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    :-X  I can't turn back time?  Hmph.  Well, let's see.  Definitely NOT Renee Zellweger.  Zita Jones is considered a great beauty these days, but not to me. I'm trying to think.  Gisele Bundchen?  She's got fire and a fat free body.  If a gun were held to my head, I might go with her.   ???
    You can't do Catherine Zeta-Jones anyway - she's an Elizabeth Arden spokesmodel. Renee Zellweger's out, too - her favorite perfume is Thierry Mugler's Angel.

I'm not sure, either. ???
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

??? See, MFfan310? It's hard to choose somebody. Thanks for the info on Jones . . . had no idea. Didn't know anything about what Zellweger likes. Maybe Kidman was a good choice, although she leaves me cold. I'm not allowed to luxuriate over why my choice from the past, would have been so perfect . . . but she would have been. A face like no other . . . and intrigue, to spare. Sorry, Marcello. Back to the present: any European film stars, that might be good??

I would love to see Daphne Guinness as a model for Chanel no.5 but her background is too controversial to make her a spokesperson; her grandmother was Diana Mosley. But she's got style and she is a real beauty.

Hi Gattopardo . . . is this woman Gloria Guinness's daughter?? Gloria certainly was beautiful . . . one of Balenciaga's favorites. Any pictures we can see?

No, she is the daughter of Baron Moyne (his family's name is Guinness as in beer) and Suzanne Lisney...I tried to google for images but the only ones I found didn't do her justice.

Hi Gattopardo,

Oh, I see . . . she does sound like a good 'face,' but . . . are we talking illegitimate birth??

Do a complete unknown. Shroud the whole thing in mystery. Have very stylized ads with lots of mist and dim light- show only parts of her face, almond shaped eyes, and voluptuously quaffed body. Lots of velvet, moist, misty streets in Paris, candle light. Have a virile male, half driven mad by desire, catching glimpses of her everywhere but never quite able to meet up with her- only the trail of her luscious and mysterious perfume in the air. Do this for 6 months or more and even keep the name of the model a mystery. Finally, finally- just like a soap opera- do spots where the two fated lovers meet and start their torrid affair. „Chanel No 5- the magnetism, the mystery- the woman!š

I‚m so full of BS!
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Hi Gattopardo,

Oh, I see . . . she does sound like a good 'face,' but . . . are we talking illegitimate birth??
    Oh no...She's as U-class as you can get. Her grandmother Diana Mosley (née Mitford) divorced her husband (Guinness) to marry Oswald Mosley (the leader of the Union of British Fascists); she probably was one of the few persons to have known Churchill ( a cousin) and Hitler intimately.

Great idea, Artisan! Sounds just like the search for Scarlett O'Hara, which brings me back to my favorite pick: Vivien Leigh! :-)

Sounds just like the search for Scarlett O'Hara, which brings me back to my favorite pick:  Vivien Leigh!  :-)

She can be a Vivien Leigh look-alike. How about that?
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

;D go, Artisan!! Great idea . . . if she can be found! Talk about hypnotic eyes!!

I agree with Artis, a complete unknown...............this ad could make her career! : :

:-/ This is a tough one, Marcello! Here's the situation, as I see it: Stick with Nicole Kidman's crazed eyes and protruding buttocks, resurrect a beauty from the past, enlist a society woman with controversial social connections, or go for an unknown. I'll throw in a real, 'dark horse' candidate: what about Hillary Clinton? :P

Does Rachel Weisz pimp any perfumes? She's stunning.

As for the other recommendations, I think one of the fascists mentioned might be quite apt, considering Mme Chanel's alleged role as "officers' mess" when the Nazis occupied Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_C
    As for the other recommendations, I think one of the fascists mentioned might be quite apt, considering Mme Chanel's alleged role as "officers' mess" when the Nazis occupied Paris
    You're right as usual! I never made the connection but it's certainly valid.

In one of my previous posts I saw I made a mistake: Diana Mosley was the former daughter in law of baron Moyne and not his daughter. She was born a Mitford (sister of Nancy, Jessica and Unity -also of Deborah and Pamela but the latter 2 were/are less controversial than the other 4).

Hi Gattopardo . . . remember, if all else fails . . . there's Hillary Clinton. Her daughter Chelsea has had a makeover; the opportunity for mother daughter ad campaigns, exists. Big Chanel. Little Chanel.

Hi Gattopardo . . . remember, if all else fails . . . there's Hillary Clinton.  Her daughter Chelsea has had a makeover; the opportunity for mother daughter ad campaigns, exists.  Big Chanel.  Little Chanel.  
    They could even launch a bag with the same theme...A miniature version for the daughter and a big tote for the mother. Perhaps Chanel could also design a quilted cigar holder for daddy...

Quote Originally Posted by Gattopardo

They could even launch a bag with the same theme...A miniature version for the daughter and a big tote for the mother. Perhaps Chanel could also design a quilted cigar holder for daddy...
    Hi Gattopardo!

Such artistry and imagination! A campaign such as this could 'open' up a 'whole' new line of quilted, Chanel accessories!