Code of Conduct

Thread: Deep Red

Default Deep Red

What do the ladies think of Hugo Deep Red?
    My girlfriend wears it, I like it, but it would be interesting to have others describe it in there own words.
    I know Mr Boss is not a favourite here.

Whist we are doing this, can someone help with a new perfume I would like to give her for christmas.

She is 20 years old but has a very young face. She is half Asian/Australian and quite feminine.
    She is also very cheerful, talkative and intelligent, but certainly has a sense of mystery about her.
    I would like something that can complimemnt her personality the same way Deep Red has done, but suitable for the Australia summer we are having here.

Thanks in advance.

Why So Serious?

Default Re: Deep Red

Austrilian summer..wow!  I recently bought Island Kiss by Escada for my gf, i loved it so much, smells really tropical fruity, she loved it so much too, as it fits her sweet and cute personality.  I also like Shi by alfred sung for women, it just paralyses me when my gf wears it.  Another good fragrance for cutie young girls is Ralph.  Also, a good evening fragrance for woman i think is Emporio Armani She, also paralyses me, it reminds me so much of my gf as she used to wear it, thinking about her now actually just by talking about her Armani...lol....i'll leave now.... :-X
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Andrea Maack Coven
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Anyone else care to share their insight?

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Guy
    What do the ladies think of Hugo Deep Red?
    I sampled this last year some time but no longer have the sample and really don't remember it.

Whist we are doing this, can someone help with a new perfume I would like to give her for christmas.... I would like something that can complimemnt her personality the same way Deep Red has done, but suitable for the Australia summer we are having here.
    I have a difficult time recommending fragrances, even with a wonderful description such as you've provided. Here are a few that come to mind that I love (though I know nothing of Australian summers):

Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate -- "... as suitable for the rugged individualist as it is for the sultry siren." (From Luscious Cargo.)

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Eau de Camelia Chinois -- "... evokes the pleasures and the poignant memories of summers past (and promises of those to come)." (From Luscious Cargo.)

Balmain Vent Vert

Chanel No. 22

Diptyque L'Ombre dans L'Eau

Maybe Annick Goutal Ce Soir ou Jamais or
    Eau de Camille.

Happy sniffing!

This is just my opinion and I hope no one takes offense by this but I'm a huge fan of designer fragrances on women in their early to mid 20's. I think niche fragrances don't smell right on a woman this age. Designer fragrances are the only way to go when shopping for a woman under the age of 25. For summer or just plain casual wear I have a few favorites, in order...

1)Lancome Miracle
    2)Ralph
    3)Escada Island Kiss or Ibiza Hippie
    4)Clinique Happy Heart
    5)Burberry Brit

Lancome Miracle is the one I would pick. It may just be my favorite women's fragrance of all time. Sweet and floral with lovely light spices, and it lasts forever. Just avoid Miracle Intense, it's not nearly as good.

~Clinton

Oh, a couple of words on Hugo Deep Red...it is one of the sexiest, sweet, spicy and warm oriental fragrances around and is pure aphrodisiac. This is one every woman should own a bottle of to turn their man on. Yummy.

Top Notes - Pear, Cassis, Clementine, Blood Orange
    Middle Notes - Freesia, Pittosporum, Ginger Flower, Hibiscus Seed
    Base Notes - Mysore Sandalwood, Californian Cedarwood, Vanilla, Musk-like Notes

~Clinton

I used to wear Deep Red. It's a tangy cherry paired with vanilla. It's rather sweet and "young" smelling.. gave my mood a lift and garnered compliments on several occasions. My tastes have changed, but I still think it's a nice choice...especially for a young cutie as you described.

I'd try Burberry Brit on her next. It has an adorable bottle, and it's a mix of lime and I think tonka or vanilla. A little fuller and more complex...but along the same lines and very hip...that's my take on it.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Connoisseur
    I think niche fragrances don't smell right on a woman this age.  Designer fragrances are the only way to go when shopping for a woman under the age of 25.
    That's interesting. But I don't quite follow, so I was wondering if you would elaborate for me, please?

Personally, Deep Red didn't work out so well on me and I do like fruity florals. It seemed to lack character and didn't remind me of the color red at all (I wear a lot of red.) I think I was looking for something with a bit more of a sparkle though. I know it has its fans, so don't mean to be dissing outright.

Some thoughts to try:

Baby Doll ( a huge favorite of mine)
    Tocadilly
    Eau de Dolce Vita

Also, have you tried Desire by Dunhill? It doesn't get mentioned much (only by me.) It's classed as an Oriental vanilla (sometimes woody/floral ???,) but it's quite fruity and girly right into the heart and has a tad flavor of caramel and licorice along with the warmish vanilla drydown.

Also, for youthful, lush, girly-sparkle I don't think you can go wrong with Angel Innocent- another favorite.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Serpent

It's always struck me as little more than a designer imposter of Hypnotic Poison, that same root beer float smell, but scratchier, pointier, thinnier and more shrill. And altogether cheaper.

When I think of Deep red (as in color) and sexy and floral-oriental, I can only think of that sexy scent, China Rose! Just my opinion!

It is made by Floris of London, by the way!

Tried Hypnotic Poison today, as did the girlfriend.

It is warmer and altogether smoother but after all that we could not really see any strong similarity with Deep Red. She also got a head ache from the dry down.

I like Deep Red and wore a sample of it myself! On me the drydown was all musk an sandawlood with only a hint of the sweet, slightly floral opening.

Ok - soft, youthful, floral...

Rochas Poupee
    Laila by Geir Ness (this was actually my first thought)
    Lancome Miracle
    Hermes Eau des Merveilles
    MAT
    Chanel Cristalle
    Ralph Lauren Blue
    Eclat d'Arpege
    Philosophy's Falling in Love

marlen