Code of Conduct

Default Creed Original Vetiver

Aedes now has Creed Original Vetiver listed. They say it is suitable for both the men and the ladies. Is it? Basenotes has the mars symbol on OV. What do the ladies around here think?

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Creed Original Vetiver

Sorry, Scenthound -- I haven't had the pleasure of sampling it.

Okay, since there is little feedback on this thread, allow me to chip in. I assure you that women can easily wear Original Vetiver. And not just because it was conceived as a unisex fragrance (read Cedric's thread: http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/for...num=1100246071). It has a very green opening, with a bitter citrus twist to it. The drydown is not spectacular: the citrussy elements fade away, while mossy notes become more emphasized. Standard, really. There is no significant change in the drydown.

Many people have already commented that OV's longevity is not great. I think it's the type of fragrance you can easily reapply several times a day. It's refreshing, light, not at all cloying. Don't let its name mislead you: it bares no resemblance to famous woody or spicy vetivers like Guerlain V. or MPG's Racine. It's a very green scent. I find it more interesting than the modernized Lanvin Vetiver.

regards,
    Marcello
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

I would absolutely wear it, and have been hunting for a bargain bottle on ebay. It is very fresh and green, and doesn't have a very deep vetiver smell, if that worries you, although personally I like vetiver.

For a completely different take on a unisex vetiver, try the new Hermes Vetiver Tonka. Fabulous.

It's unisex and it's a rip off from TM's Cologne.
    It's the same juice. It's

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

For a completely different take on a unisex vetiver, try the new Hermes Vetiver Tonka. Fabulous.[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more justcurious. Vetiver Tonka is absolutely splendid.

Aedes.com has also recently added SL Vetiver Oriental to their repetoire.

I love the Hermessence Vetiver Tonka as well. It's a bit of a fresh oriental to my nose...along the lines of Yohji, but a bit softer, perhaps?

The OV sounds VERY nice!

Which is better between the OV and VT? I am so curious now!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the OV mid week,and found it quite fresh with alot of cedar. And yes it is unisex.
    DONNA