Code of Conduct

Default Everyone, please read!

As you are all aware, we have been experiencing a lot of difficulties with the website of late. To help resolve this issue, I am going to be upgrading the forum software to vBulletin.

vBulletin will enable users to do many of the things that they long to do on here (ie better managment of instant messages). We are working on converting all the members and posts here to the new forum. This is taking longer than expected, so I have opened a stripped down version of the current forums in the meantime.

As the forum is stripped down, features such as wardrobe links and links to feedback are currently not working. The ability for Supporter's to no longer see ads is currently not working.

We hope o be upgrading to the new system in a few days. In the meantime, please post any queries here and I'll do my best to answer them.

FInally, a big thank you to some lovely people (you know who you are) who donated towards the purchase of the new forum software. Thank you also to those who offered to donate or lend me the costs- just as much appreciated. Thank you to all the supporters who contribute to keeping this place going. My apologies to anyone whose emails I have not respnded to. I will get to them eventually, but my main concern is to get the new board up and running.

Thanks all

ADDED

As of today. registration is disabled. New members will be able to register when the new forums are online

Thanks for your patience!

Thrax

Default Re: Everyone, please read!

Grant,
    What new options or powers will we have over the site? Including regular members, and supporters.

WOO HOO!!! The home page still says the site is down--but I was so needy, I just clicked on Community anyway (for the 20th time, at least) and Voila! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] Violets, vetiver, and vanilla!!!

Thank you, Grant.

Love,

Shycat
    Please, spritz responsibly.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Do whatever you need to. Take whatever time you need. Feel no anguish about our wait or limitations. We love our community, and this experience is just a reminder to all of us not to take it or you for granted (eewww, wasn't meant to end in a pun).
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Grant- the PM'ing is still hit or miss. Some get through and some do not.

Grant Glad you got the new software up and running. Know you have been going through a rough period getting this going. Congratulations on that, and smooth sailing ahead.

Me, I still have the jitters, still going through my Rain Man syndrome, my Doctor was ready to commit me ;D.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    Grant Glad you got the new software up and running. Know you have been going through a rough period getting this going. Congratulations on that, and smooth sailing ahead.

Me, I still have the jitters, still going through my Rain Man syndrome, my Doctor was ready to commit me ;D.

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    We're still on the 'old' software at the moment (but a stripped down version). The new software is waiting in the wings -- I'm just working on converting all the members and posts over to Basenotes Community Mark X (Blimey - the tenth version of the Basenotes Community!)

BTW - thanks Vijay!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    Grant- the PM'ing is still hit or miss. Some get through and some do not.
    My attempts were all misses... :'(
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Quote Originally Posted by phantagarow
    [quote author=stuigi link=1149671691/0#4 date=1149707657]Grant- the PM'ing is still hit or miss. Some get through and some do not.
    My attempts were all misses... :'([/quote]

I tried sending a PM twice and it failed. What I was trying to do is reply to a PM when that happened.

There may be a workaround that, I went to the Members profile and clicked on the send PM, and was able to send it that way. Coming from an IT background I have learnt to try different things for workarounds .

Vijay"Maisonstinky"
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

If you copy and paste the wardrobe links they come up.

I sure hope that changing forum software (and thus URLs) doesn't negatively affect Basenotes' Google ranking

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    I sure hope that changing forum software (and thus URLs) doesn't negatively affect Basenotes' Google ranking

-ben
    The fall in visitors as a result may mean less crashes!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    [quote author=greyhueofdoubt link=1149671691/0#10 date=1149799907]I sure hope that changing forum software (and thus URLs) doesn't negatively affect Basenotes' Google ranking

-ben
    The fall in visitors as a result may mean less crashes!! LOL[/quote]

wow, you know your website is doing pretty ok, traffic-wise,when you are trying to get lower on the google-page!

I have been unable to use the PRIVATE NOTES feature and I cannot see feedback I have received. Is this problem part of the transition process? Thanks for any info you can provide. Also thank you for working on this project to improve the functioning of the site! [smiley=cheesy.gif] [smiley=cheesy.gif]