Code of Conduct

Default DustB - thank you

Some of you may know this already, but for those of you that don't - DustB will be leaving us temporarily as Men's Fragrance Moderator.

Chris joined the moderation team around three years ago and I'd like to extend a personal thanks to his contributions in this time. I'm sure we will all miss his presence as moderator.

The good news is that Chris isn't leaving us completely, he'll still be popping up on the boards enjoying being a regular member again. If we are very lucky, he may even contribute some new Xtreme Scents columns!

Thanks again Chris

Blog Entries

Default Re: DustB - thank you

I just felt the oddest little *pang* when I saw "DustB" in pink letters and not listed as an MFD mod. Of course, it's temporary; one needs to recharge oneself now and then, and the other moderators will do an excellent job at stepping up, I'm absolutely sure.

And the thought of new Xtreme Scents columns! :bounce:

Chris~ Although you make great fragrance recommendations and brief summations when a member has a question, you seem to seldom post in-depth reviews (not enough hours in the day, I know!). On the rare occasion that you do review a scent, the description is so apt, and your stories and observations are joy to read. My little *pang* is eased by the thought that we'll still see you on the boards plenty, talking about the scents you love and why you love them, instead of putting out fires and maintaining peace and order. Do enjoy this sabbatical while it lasts!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Blog Entries

Yes, I'm looking forward to a few more of those great DustB threads. And columns? Cool!

Definitely, thanks for all you've done, Chris. In many ways, you were - and still are - the friendly face and spirit of Basenotes for me. I think this is true for most of us who joined during your tenure. Cheers!

DustB you have been Basenote's version of Solomon.

Many of the decisions you made were not easy but they were always fair.

Take care my friend. I am glad you are staying on as an active member!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

DustB makes thoughtful recommendations I can vouch for that! Thank you for suggesting Encre Noire!

I'm glad I had the opportunity to talk to you on the phone and have some laughs, be well.

Basenotes Plus

DustB has always struck me as the epitome of everything a moderator should be - knowledgable, fair minded and objective. Nice one Chris. Many thanks for all the hard work on our behalf.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 20th July 2009 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks for all of your hard work Chris and for all that you have truly added to Basenotes. Good luck in your pursuit of all worthy goals...

Mike

A great member with a nose of his own! I look forward to reading some possible columns! Go bring forth to us that which is obscure or undiscovered!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Does this mean we see/read less of DustB ? Well, as long as he pops in once and a while, that would be great.

Thanks DustB for all your great work here, it is certainly appreciated by all.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

What I want to know is what bottle, which girl and more detail about that mattress.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

LOL with kbe -- for those not in the know, it is DustB's signature.

Chris, I admire your ability to stand for what will be known as board justice. You have always had time to be in the midst of conflicts and responded to every message promptly.

Good luck in your everything, hon.

Thank you all very much. It meant a lot to mod, because I got to use skills I didn't know I had with regard to people. The interactions with all of you brought me something I don't very often duplicate in my professional life, and I found it very rewarding to exchange notes with all of you about matters large and small, at least at a Web site about good smells.

So I gained a lot by moderating and found the contact with people to be a great joy.

I'm glad I'm just going to be one of us now!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Let me chime in belatedly. Peacekeeping forces have a diffcult job that often gets little respect. You should feel proud for having prevented the one or other silly altercation from degenerating into a civil war .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

DustB's a cool guy who helped me out more than once as a moderator. Good to know he's sticking around as a member at least.

Basenotes Plus

Chris...thank you for all your help. I'm glad you will still be around.
    MWAH!
    Christine

Blog Entries

Holy crap! I go away on vacation for a couple weeks & look what I came back to!!!!!!

I'm speechless. Chris, it is odd seeing you in pink! I'll be sending you a PM shortly.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Sad to read this - but glad to see that he will still be around.
    -

Basenotes Plus

Chris, thank you for all your hard work. I'm glad you'll be sticking around.

Best,
    Terry
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain