Code of Conduct

Default Basenotes swaps board

Will be returning but in a slightly different form. You will be able to post swaps/for-sales/wanted ads, and I might include the opportunity to do eBay-style auctions but not sure yet. (let me know what you think)

Default Re: Basenotes swaps board

Hmmm, E-bay style auctions, huh? it's worth a try, don't you think? If it doesn't work we can always abandon it...

thx for your hard work, Grant!

marlen

If the eBay style auction is an option, sounds fine to me. That way individuals can choose to use it or not.

As always, thanks for everything Grant.

cheers,
    kevin
    aka - dying to swap some stuff ;D

I'm a newbie here. Been here only 1-2 months but swapping, selling, buying was one of the features of this site I was looking forward to....but now it's gone. Glad you will be bringing it back soon.

Why would you want the hassle of moderating/administering eBay-style auctions when there's already eBay? My 2 scents - personally, I've never been a big eBay fan. I just want simple trades & buy/sell transactions with other members ;D

Thanks,
    Mad

i'm not big on the auction idea. too commercial. i think it would change the community feel if it was competitive. it would also attract people who aren't interested in the boards per se, but rather just want to make money. i'm for sticking with swaps/trades.

just my 2 cents.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I agree.  We  have E-Bay already.
    The original swap board was ok.

okay -- I'll leave the auctions off for now.

G

just curious when the swap board will be reopened any idea?

I need to do a few more tweaks but it should be within 7 days

Hi Grant,

I too agree...please...NO Ebay type bidding!
    "If it ain't broke...DON'T fix it!"

Regards,
    SixCats!

I've done a few swaps on Makeupalley while BN swapping was closed.

I kind of like their format of being able to search member's swap lists. It seems easier than creating a new post and having to bump it so it gets read by members.
    Maybe it could be tied to member's fragrance wardrobes, where you can indicate which fragrances are up for swap (or decant swap).

Also, they encourage swappers to leave feedback every time a swap is done, so it's quite easy to find the folks with a lot of negative feedback. Of course, you still have to watch out for swaplifters.

Just some ideas - keep up the good work Grant.

Looking forward to the new swapboard!

Gerrit

Update:

The swap board program is taking longer to sort out than I thought,, though a new way of swapping can be done now if you like.

If you log in to your wardrobes, you can now set fragrances to ones you would like to swap. This means that you can link to your swap list and wish list, if your wardrobes are set up properly.

To link to your swap list
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/vie...p;status=1hasw

to link to your wish list
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/vie...&status=3w

changing USERNAME to your login name.

Please be aware that any swaps undertaken are at your own risk.

I get an error message when I click on the links above.

Also, how do I do a general search of wardrobes for items available for swap or items that are wanted? Also, is there any way to add a description of an item?

marlen

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    I get an error message when I click on the links above.

Also, how do I do a general search of wardrobes for items available for swap or items that are wanted? Also, is there any way to add a description of an item?

marlen
    You would need to change USERNAME to your login name. The actual swap boards will be ready soon, I promise!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes

You would need to change USERNAME to your login name. The actual swap boards will be ready soon, I promise!!!!
    Excellent short term fix. Got mine all updated and seems to work dandy. Thanks. ;D

How can I do a search of wardrobes for Fragrances for swap or fragrances wanted?

marlen

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    How can I do a search of wardrobes for Fragrances for swap or fragrances wanted?

marlen
    I've slightly updated the fragrance profile pages now. If there is a fragrance that you would like, go to it's page, ie Tuscany:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121617.html

You will see that one member has it in his swaplist -- see if there is anything you have in his wishlish-- send them an IM, and there you go.

Incidentally -- on the Tuscany page, Scentsational has it on his swaplist, and docluv45 has it on his wish list, so they shoud really get in touch!!

Feedback system is coming v soon

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes

I've slightly updated the fragrance profile pages now. If there is a fragrance that you would like, go to it's page, ie Tuscany:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121617.html

You will see that one member has it in his swaplist -- see if there is anything you have in his wishlish--  send them an IM, and there you go.

Incidentally -- on the Tuscany page, Scentsational has it on his swaplist, and docluv45 has it on his wish list, so they shoud really get in touch!!

Feedback system is coming v soon
    WOW! VERY cool, Grant! Thx for all the effort! Really looks great!

marls

Hi Grant.

Very cool feature, but something is wrong...
    "Fragrances I Have but want to Swap" header is OK when I see my own wardrobe as logged user -
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/wardrobe.cgi.

But when you click this link:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/viewwrd.cgi?drobe=cool
    you will see "Fragrances Pending" as my "Fragrances I Have but want to Swap"!

"Fragrances I Have but want to Swap" is mixed up with "Fragrances Pending" and showed for other users as "Fragrances Pending"...

Quote Originally Posted by cool
    Hi Grant.

Very cool feature, but something is wrong...
    "Fragrances I Have but want to Swap" header is OK when I see my own wardrobe as logged user -
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/wardrobe.cgi.

But when you click this link:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/viewwrd.cgi?drobe=cool
    you will see "Fragrances Pending" as my "Fragrances I Have but want to Swap"!

"Fragrances I Have but want to Swap" is mixed up with "Fragrances Pending" and showed for other users as "Fragrances Pending"...
    Ooops!

:P

should be fine now!

Yeah!.. Works great. Thanks!
    And the header "Fragrances In My Swap List" is better for others to read... ;D

I am new to this forum and site. How does one set up a Wardrobe? Thanks, Griff
    Griff

Hey and welcome aboard! It's very easy to set it up. All you need to do is, while logged in, find a scent in the drop down menu on the upper right that you own. When you click on that scent, there will be an "add to wardrobe" button in the upper right. Simply click on it and it's added. On the top bar, there's a wardrobe menu option. If you click on that, then you can rate or change the status of it. Hope that helps!

Paul

But how does one get the wardrobe hotlink to appear at the bottom of one's posts?