Code of Conduct

Thread: Pending Update

Default Pending Update

As previously mentioned, I'm working on an update of Basenotes.

All going well, it should be ready in a few weeks time. I'm going to list the main changes here, so any comments you may have, there should still be time to incorporate.

1) Pull down menu's -- The two pull-down menu's will be combined. And only the top 50 houses will be in the list. If you want to search for a non-top 50 house, you will have to use the 'directory' page. The reason for this is that there are several hundred brands in the lists at present, and it can be difficult to find the brand you are looking for. Considering that some of the brands on the list have only one fragrance, which is discontinued and launched in the fifties (example) i'm cutting the list.

2) Search function -- a much-needed search function will be added to the main site.

3) Access to your wardrobe from each page

4) Bettter wardrobe functionality

5) More updates! -- I've developed a system which makes it 100 times easier for me to add a new article to the site, without having to update links to it manually-- so I can upload a new article and the website should automatically find it, and link to it from the article index and the main home page.

6) Reviews. You will have to be signed in here (or become a member if you are not one) to submit a review to the directory. This means that I can add product reviews much quicker, as I can automate it, and as everyone who submits is a member, there should be less need for me to manually check each review for questionable content. It will also save you having to type your name in each time -- you'll just need to write the review and tick 'thunbs up', 'down' or 'neutral'

7) Product search page. At the moment if you look for a product, you can be faced with pagfes of results. -- At the moment if the results exceed the amount allowed on the page you get a button which says something like 'find next matches'. In the new version, you will be given page numbers so you can jump to the last page of results, or one in the middle fairly eeasily. (Like when you do a search on google)

8) Better grooming section. More products will be included plus information about whether it's suitable for sensitive skin, or oily skin or whatever. You can then search for (as an example) all face products suitable for oily skin then you can.

9) Mr Cranky (Beta) members will be able to see Mr Cranky's suggestions for alternative fragrances. (if you dont know who Mr Cranky is then a search here should let you know)

10) bye bye shopping directory. --- No-one used it - I can never be bothered to update it so it's going. The products will still have links to shops, so you won't be completely lost.

11) Something called Perfume Review. -- SHould be launched proper by end of January. There will be crosslinks, so you can easily perform the same search on both sites without too much bother.

12) Probably other stuff I've forgotten.

Default Re: Pending Update

with wardrobes, we will be able to see other's more readily or be able to see who has a particular scent in their wardrobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G.
    with wardrobes, we will be able to see other's more readily or be able to see who has a particular scent in their wardrobe?

Not in the next incarnation, but in the future!

Yvan

Hip hip hooray for the Home page! It's lookin' good! But when I clicked on "New Masculine Launches," I was shocked, SHOCKED, that no one has posted a review of Donald Trump The Fragrance.

Hey Grant, Shopping Directory...meaning the Shopping Guide on the Community Forum?

marls

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    Hey Grant, Shopping Directory...meaning the Shopping Guide on the Community Forum?

marls

Don't fret Marl's -- check the date of the original post!!

oops!