Code of Conduct

Default buy a deodorant stick for every fragnance?

Hi!

Do you guys buy a deodorant stick for every fragnance you have?
    Any tips about something that does not smell so much so I can use with my fragnance-collection?

(sorry for my english)

thanks

Default Re: buy a deodorant stick for every fragnance?

There are some "0% fragrance" deo sticks around. Look at the drugstore or even your local pharmacy.

I think most people just wear nonscented deodorant so it doesn't clash.

I wear Old Spice with the orriginal smell and I have no problems. The only times I smell a clash is when I am running around or something. Still, deodorat doesn't project quite like fragrance so people are going to smell your cologne and not your deodorant. I've never had a problem with it and I think that buying a stick for each cologne you have would be wastful in terms of spending money. I would just stick with something that you like and are comfortable wearing. If you have a cologne on no one will smell your armpits...

EnvYuS

Buying a deodorant stick for every frag can be an expensive and clutter-filled operation.

Like EauxMag & eidolon stated, I'd go with an unscented deodorant. I (and some other BNers) are particularly fond of the Mitchum Unscented Gel, if that is any guidance.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I use an anti-persperant that has a very light, powdery scent, but really, I think hardly anyone can smell my armpits anyway, and if they can, well, they're probably standing much too close!

bonni
    "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    -Karl, age 5

I just use an unscented stick. sometimes they can be a little hard to find, but if you go to a major grocery/drug store it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    I (and some other BNers) are particularly fond of the Mitchum Unscented Gel, if that is any guidance.
    I too am a fan of Mitchum Unscented. If you can't find any good unscented deodorants in your area I would order some Mitchum online.

Sometimes I just buy the fragrance deodorant instead of the fragrance itself.

I used to be anal about that as I always had to have it. Now, I get it when it is available in a scent that I love. Otherwise, I don't care.

Wearing an unscented natural deodorant like Tom's and perhap getting the matching shower gel makes more sense. Deodorant ingredients can cause irritation.

Hi!

This was one of the first questions I posted here too. *
    I have an unscented deo, but I still use my deo-stick from Chloé with almost anything. It´s very mild (a lot milder than the matching fragrance), and it does not interfere with the scent, unless you stand close and sniff me right after application. I am too attached to it, I guess....I don´t like applying anything alcoholic under my arms. Some of my fragrances, I could very well think to get matching deos for(although NOT Stella, since I find that deostick awful, loud and nothing like the EdP.)

One funny thing is, since I started reading and posting here, I have totally forgotten about the concept of "scent clash". I heard it a lot more often before.

The unscented deodorant stick from Anthony Logistics is the way to go.
    This is a very good deodorant that smells slightly herbal when applied
    but quickly loses its smell and keeps you from stinking.

Don't bother with all of the deodorants from the fragrance
    companies. They cost too much, take up too much space,
    and you will soon have too many of them. There are a few
    that are good, but just spend the money on the fragrance
    itself.

I use a Vanilla deodorant, since many of the scents that I love have a Vanilla note. I've tried fragrance deos and Tom's, but they aren't strong enough for me (or I'm just naturally really stinky).

I have some perfumed deodorantes. The nice thing is that the deodorantes are possible to wear to more than one frag. I also have some bodycreams, who also can be used to more than one frag.

Of course this is more expencive, but it brings along that I want less frags, cause I want frags that works with my deodorants and bodycreames.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I started using Mitchum Unscented 2 months ago, and I will never use anything else ever again

So is Mitchum Unscented the consensus best?

Yes it works very well... 8-)

I've got seven or eight matching deodorant sticks which I got in gift sets - I never use them. At the end of the day, they're only deodorants - not antiperspirants.

Mitchum Unscented is very good.
    The Aramis Lab Series antiperspirant stick is unscented, nice, dry and the best I've used, but fairly expensive.
    The Clinique one is a bit cheaper, but a bit gooier/stickier than the Lab Series one.
    Trumper make a good antiperspirant roll on one as well.
    Renato

I just recently bought the Narciso Rodriguez deodorant, my first with a fragrance one, otherwise use Secret and Soft and Dri, whatever works for you
    [smiley=chanel.gif]

My three thoughts worth:

(1) I have traveled a great deal in countries where people cannot conveniently or affordably bathe as often as Americans and Western Europeans - (Africa, India, etc., etc., etc.). I have spent many, many hours on plebian buses. I have never smelled any BO. It is profitable for businesses to sell deoderant. There is not really a general need for it.

(2) BO is caused by bacteria. If you are concerned about BO you can be sure to scrub your arm pits and groin with soap and water for 15 seconds. Fifteen seconds is the standard for hospital scrubbing to remove/destroy bacteria. You do not need, and should not use, an antibacterial soap. Normal washing will reduce odor forming bacteria very adequately. Using anti-bacterials just leads to the evolution to hardier bacteria and that is very undesireable.

(3) If you do discover you have BO, you also can scrub with rubbing alcohol. If you scrub with alcohol once or twice a week you should never need a deoderant.

Don't wast money on deodorant. Spend it on fun things.

deleted duplicate of above post

In regards to the previous post about people in other countries not using deodorant, we should consider that Asians notably, do not have the same sorts of sweat glands that produce offending body odor. I'm in China now and there is very little BO around, mostly just cigarette smoke and garlic and grease.

Westerners, with different diets and and armpits, will need regular bathing or deodorant of some kind. I believe that higher dairy consumption may also have something to do with it. They do sell deodorant in China, but it's few and far between. Again...marketing will sell you what you don't need.

Speaking of selling you what you don't need...some deodorants that match fragrances may help longevity of weaker/lighter scents (aquatics, citrus, et al). These are pretty expensive compared to unscented, which is recommended. The money can be saved or spent on more colognes. Then you can enhance longevity with an extra spray or two.

Tom's of Maine is a good one if you don't want the chemicals and alumminum. There's a bit of an herbal scent, but it's not intrusive. (Try Woodspice Deodorant for a bold herbal scent.) Queen Helene is more scentless. Of course, the name brands like Arm And Hammer and Mitchum work well and last longer. Crystals (in stone form or spray) also work well, but longevity is not always the best.

Good call on not using the anti-bacterial or deodorant soaps. They're not really effective and can do more harm than good.

Now wearing: Mitchum Unscented Gel with Black XS

I use to, then I went through a period where I didn't have to have it for compulsion sakes. Now, I try to get it when available for theses reasons:

1. To layer the scent

2. They last a long time because all the air is compressed out.

3. I like only using the deodorant and not the antiperspirant because of issues with alluminum.