Code of Conduct
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Taking proper care of your scents...

Hi Everyone:

Many of us take our interest in fragrance seriously, analagous to a wine enthusiast or cigar aficionado. The latter two areas require knowledge of how to store and take care of one's prized bottles or cigars, and I was wondering if the same holds true for fragrances. Especially with Creed or other more "natural" scents, are there any useful storage methods or other care tips that might ensure better scent and longevity? Any tips on caring for fragrances while travelling? At the risk of sounding like I care toooo much about fragrance (it is just a hobby, after all), I'd appreciate any and all advice you can give!

Thanks and take care!

-Darren

Default Re: Taking proper care of your scents...

Hey, Darren!!

I would suggest a closet! I keep mine in a closet and it has worked out so far.

Cool and Dark are the two biggies. Sunlight breaksdown the bottles contents faster as well as heat.

I have found a closet to help the most but some use mini-fridges, draws, and bathroom counters. It is really up to you. Deffinately keep them out of the sun and as far from heat as possible. Keep your boxes. That will help tremendously!!

Hi Darren,

about I month ago I decided to buy a small fride for my bathroom to store all the precious frags I own. First I wasn´t quiet sure if this wasn´t a litte bit exagerated. To be honest a fridge isn´t a very stylish piece of design to be placed in a bathroom and the mostly beautifull bottles look far better on a shelf . But in the end I think it was a good decision to spend like 80 EUR for the fridge and to accept the design fauxpas if at least a few of my beloved juices will please me still in about 5 years....
    Guerlain: Après L´ondée - Chanel: Cuir de Russie - Dior: Dior Homme - Divine: L´homme de coeur - Caron: Le 3me homme
    ---------------------------

"Tra il fiore colto e l’ altro donato / l’ inesprimibile nulla" Giuseppe Ungaretti

useful threads in the FAQ, under :

Q) How long until fragrances go bad? What is their shelf life? How does fragrance change with age?

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1136269074

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Yes, if u can, keep those boxes that the frags come in 2