Code of Conduct

Default Categorising My Fragrences

Hi, i am planning on getting a few new purcheses in a few weeks and have been readng a few threads on here and it has made me think alot about fragrences and when they 'should' be worn etc.
    For instance someone got me Hugo Boss 'Number One' the other day and i sprayed it and it was a bright summers day and i think i sprayed a bit to get the smell and i really didnt like it. But a few days late it was kind of dull and Overcast and i decided to spay just a little bit on and let it settle for a bit and i really liked it, a similar thing happened to me with Michael Korrs.
    Anyway it is summer (supposedly) over here anyway and i wanted to get a few summer fragrences in the next few weeks. I tried to catergorise the ones i already have at the moment but am struggling a bit.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me understand when some of them are 'supposed' to be worn or are more suited i should say and give me a few good tips for adding to my collection.
    I have currently

Hugo Boss Number One
    Michael Korrs Michael
    Givenchy pour Homme Red Label
    Emporio Armani
    Higo Boss Dark Blue
    Rochas Man (a bit sweet)
    Rochas Aquaman
    Azzaro Visit
    Azzaro Chrome
    Hugo Boss - Boss
    Echo

I was just looking for some fresh citrus smelling fragrences with a bit of warmth and body to them. I am not the best with the smells because i find it hard to describe them. I liked Lacoste R

Default Re: Categorising My Fragrences

Pressed enter by mistake.

I liked lacoste red but we sell it in work so i have got a bit sick of it now. I think it was Aramis Life i also liked the one with aggasi advertising it.

Quote Originally Posted by abro100
    Pressed enter by mistake.

I liked lacoste red but we sell it in work so i have got a bit sick of it now. I think it was Aramis Life i also liked the one with aggasi advertising it.
    That's Aramis Life, yes..Not that bad woody scent, actually..
    As for the citrus suggestion, the first thing that cam to my mind after your request, was YSL M7 Fresh.
    I am not that fond of it, but I know very many others here has it as their favourite fresh/citrus-scent...

Btw; I absolutely HATE Lacoste Style in Play...The only scent I don't find one pleasant thing about...
    Just had to say it:P

Really, i really like it but i have had too much of it now, i had it being used everyday by me so i forgot what i used to like about it now. It reminded me of Roses with like a warm wood fire if that makes sense :-?

Abro100,
    I'm probably going to move this thread to the Just Starting Out forum. I usually send messages like this one by PM instead of in posts like this, but because of a glitch in the system that has you appearing as an "ex-member" of the forum, I can't PM you. Sorry about that.

I'm moving it because the questions you ask are more likely to get answers on the JSO board, and the thread and its answers will also be more helpful to other new readers who read the JSO board. Questions of when to wear certain fragrances and what things a collection should have are perfect and absolutely appropriate starter questions. No problem asking them, in fact many site readers want to know exactly things like you've just asked. So no problem asking, and I'm glad you did.

But better attention is paid on the Just Starting Out board, and answers my fellow members give are much more tailored to new members's considerations.

For my part, to answer your question, you should try smelling just plain as many scents as you can, and let your mind try to place them as it sees/smells fit. Some will make you think of a summer day, as you've already noticed. Some will make you think of night, and some you'll want to dress up to wear. Some won't really fit into any of those categories, but what the heck, scent search is subjective. Many members here disagree on when to wear scents by season as well. We all can offer ideas as much as we think they'll help, but ultimately your only help is your nose and putting your nostrils over a dozen scents at a department store fragrance counter is the first and best step.

Sorry about confusion at moving your thread. If you have any questions about this don't hesitate to contact me--maybe PMs work from your end.
    Thanks for your consideration, and glad to have you thinking over scents with us,
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

No problems mate, One thing i am confused on is the the diffrent aspects as you said like with some of the scents have sandalwood or bergemont (i think) but i have two scents which have the same thing in but i cant define what the smell is, i know is probably changed because of the other ones in it but chrome azzuro is one of my favs so probably some of the things in that with some of the things in say Hugo Boss - Boss and Armani would be nice?

By the way i was still interested in Categorizing my fragrances just slipped when i pressed enter by mistake. I was thinking along the lines of say.

Dress Type/Night Time
    Hugo Boss Number One
    Michael Korrs Michael

Givenchy pour Homme Red Label

Casual Day Wear Winter
    Higo Boss Dark Blue
    Emporio Armani

Unsure A little too sweet for me
    Rochas Man (a bit sweet)

Azzaro Visit

Summer
    Azzaro Chrome