Code of Conduct

Thread: chypre vert

Default chypre vert

Hello everyone,

I've recently joined as I have found bn very useful in my current frangrance hunt. To wit, after a recent horrendous breakup, I was finding that the frangances I had happily associated with my romance were dragging me down into the depths.

In an effort to recover my composure and sanity, I have embarked on a journey to find something new that pleases me and restores my sense of balance. In the process I am discovering that what I really like and return to again and again are the chpyre vert fragrances. I cannot give up Ivoire, it has survived the destruction of the romance, and I have recently rediscovered Givenchy III, which I also love.

BN has been very useful in that I have been able to narrow the field by searching for the notes that I believe need to be present for me to feel a fragance is really satisfying (galbanum+oakmoss to start).

I have purchased (mostly via eBay) and sampled a number of interesting things that I don't care for enough to keep, so once I manage to get set up tp decant them, they will be available for trade or swap.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: chypre vert

Sorry to hear about the breakup. Have you tried Ma Griffe or Balmain de Balmain?

Hi docluv,

I have not yet tried Balmain de Balmain, though I have sampled both Miss Balmain and Jolie Madame. I like tham both though I can't get Jolie Madame to settle into an accord on me, it seems to alternate a bit drastically between violet and leather. Miss Balmain seems to need the right occasion. I have sampled Antilope and find myself returning to it happily again and again.

Ma Griffe was recommended to me as an alternative to First, which I used to wear often. Ma Griffe just floats off though, it appears I need something more leatherish to anchor all those floral notes.

Tell me about Balmain de Balmain, I've clearly already got a predilection for the house...

Overcome By Fumes

BdB is a light green chypre with just a tinch of leather undertone. I think it may be right up your alley. It's nowhere near as heavy as MB or JM.