Code of Conduct

Default Finding right fragrance

hello,

how do you people differentiate a perfume as summer, winter, evening fragrance. how bad it will be if we wear say coolwater (one of the thread mentions it as Summer fragrance) during spring or winter. is that matters?

can someone tellme perfumes which smell and also good like bigger fragrance house like i heard unbound by halston resembles Aqua Di Gio for even lesser cost?

is kenneth cole black a casual fragrance or something we can wear to office. would be great if someone can tell how to differentiate between office wear and casual or evening or shopping fragrances.

i know its bit too much questions from my side but i'm just confused and want to hear from you veterans.

Default Re: Finding right fragrance

Quote Originally Posted by ice
    how do you people differentiate a perfume as summer, winter, evening fragrance.
    if the fragrance feels warm, wear it in the winter. if it feels cool, wear it in the summer. simple. but of course in reality there are no rules. wear what you like.

evening frags tend to be more "formal". but it's all based on feeling. just because a frag feels formal to me doesn't mean it will to you. not everyone wants to be formal in the evening anyway. it's all up to you.

how bad it will be if we wear say coolwater (one of the thread mentions it as Summer fragrance) during spring or winter. is that matters?
    the only way it could possibly be "bad" is if it bothered you.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No rules is absolutely correct. It is silly to limit yourself to wearing things only at specific times. You wear what you feel like wearing at the time of wearing it.

Generally, orientals and anything sweet and heavy go for winter because they get cloying at times in summer heat.

Fresh go for summer because they are lighter and that is the opportune time.

Those are just generalizations about what people like from what I have seen. You should wear things around and see for yourself what fits and what doesn't.

EnvYuS

thanks liquid and EnvYuS. u guys rock.

i'm still growing up in finding the right scent for the right occasion and will catch up soon thanks to basenotes and you people.

any suggestions for a cheaper alternatives to expensive designer fragrances like unbound resembling aqua di gio.

thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks liquid and EnvYuS. u guys rock.

i'm still growing up in finding the right scent for the right occasion and will catch up soon thanks to basenotes and you people.

any suggestions for a cheaper alternatives to expensive designer fragrances like unbound resembling aqua di gio.

thanks again.

You're right. Halston Unbound is a good substitute for Acqua di Gio--in fact, I like it better

Iceberg Twice is an inexpensive fragrance that is really quite good.

You might find Animale, Animale an adequate substitute for A*men

And Paco XS is a good substitute for Creed Himalaya

The internet prices of all of these are very economical.

You're right. *Halston Unbound is a good substitute for Acqua di Gio--in fact, I like it better

Iceberg Twice is an inexpensive fragrance that is really quite good.

You might find Animale, Animale an adequate substitute for A*men

And Paco XS * is a good substitute for Creed Himalaya *

The internet prices of all of these are very economical.
    You're awesome. Thanks foetidus. Yeah I like Unbound better than the test I did for Aqua Di Gio. I might check out Animale as people say A*Men is really good.

Thanks again for your reply and time. Appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

You're awesome. Thanks foetidus. Yeah I like Unbound better than the test I did for Aqua Di Gio. I might check out Animale as people say A*Men is really good.

Thanks again for your reply and time. Appreciate it.
    No problem, but ....

No. * *You don't want to check out "Animale" ...... you want to check out "Animale, Animale" *... * the two word one is the gourmand. *The Animale one is a nice fragrance but it doesn't have the chocolate that Animale, Animale has.

Incidentally, Animale, Animale is not a copy of A*men--it's more likely that A*men is a copy of Animale, Animale.

They are not exactly the same but there are the chocolate similarities and Animale, Animal is a well made scent. (it has a very cheesy bottle though)