Code of Conduct

Default need advice from the veterans

Hi, I'm new to the board. I've beeen using Carolina Herrera 212 for men for a while now and am very satisfied with it. Now that I'm running low on my first bottle, I plan to go get another bottle. But, the adventurous side of me keeps wanting to try something new. My girlfriend, a bossy one, has limited my selection to the following:
    212 for Men
    Herrera Aqua
    Burberry Brit
    Alfred Dunhill Desire Blue
    Please help me choose( only 1). Also, another question is that, since I've been wearing 212, I kinda want to know if there are many people out there wearing this; how popular is this cologne? * thanks

Default Re: need advice from the veterans

Why not try Chic for men from Herrera as well? It is quite close to the old 212 Men but still a bit better inmo. Oh the watermelon topnote is wonderful!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if you really like the 212 then you should get another bottle of that and then follow your adventurous nose and try out some new things. It's like making sure you have a new job before quitting your old one. Also, don't let your gf boss you around like that! Either she has you whipped or she is just super bossy, either way no good. You should ignore her and try out some other stuff and if she really cares that much then maybe you should re-evaluate your relationsihp with her.

p.s.- You should take my relationship advice really seriously because I am the only man on the planet who is not mystified by female logic

Post Thanks / Like

If you wear one scent only, then don't wear it very often. If you do wear it everyday, you'll start suffering from olfactory block, and have a harder time smelling it. You may think it's going weak and overapply what you have - but to everyone else, it will be on too strongly.

I think 212 is the best of your choice of four. But I'd definitely get at least another one to rotate with it.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

I know almost everybody in this forum doesn't like this one, but I DO: Herrera Aqua

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say Brit, it's the most distinct from what you now wear, and best IMHO.

and I agree with Giraffe. Imposing limitations on one another is baaad news.

with your choices narrowed down so much already, i don't think you need our help. just sniff em all and get the one you like best.

p.s. don't let your gf boss you around!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by liquid
    with your choices narrowed down so much already, i don't think you need our help. *just sniff em all and get the one you like best. *

p.s. *don't let your gf boss you around! *

I agree on both accounts. Don't let her tell you. Wear it for yourself... I find the most appreciation for fragrances when I am wearing for my own pleasures.

I really like 212. I went yesterday to sniff around and I decided to smell the original and loved it. I would stick with that. Why not? You already like it, so get more!!

Thank you all for the advice. I went to the store yesterday and sniffed all of them and I must admit that I wanted to get all of them. My girlfriend is very used to making decisions for me cuz she thinks I'm often a little indecisive. She accompanied me to the store and sprayed all of them on four different parts of my boy( two wrists and the insides of the elbows). After about a few hours at the mall, Herrera Aqua and Brit were gone, and Desire Blue, though very good, somehow left that patch of my skin very dry. It was when I made up my mind to stick with the tried and true, another 100ml bottle of the old 212 for Men. :

Quote Originally Posted by Peterlin
    She accompanied me to the store and sprayed all of them on four different parts of my boy
    LOL ;D, You probably mean body, right?, well at least hopefully you're not talking about your little boy down there. ;D

BTW, dump your GF and then start wearing Kouros .