Code of Conduct

Default Long lasting fragrance

hello,

would like to get opinion on long lasting fragrance for warmer asian climate?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Long lasting fragrance

On my skin, L'Homme by Lanvin is a long laster. I'm frequently surprised at the sillage I get at the end of the day leaving the office.

Anything you can get in EdP as opposed to EdT should last a while too: HM by Hanae Mori for example. That's a bit on the sweet side though and you might find it too cloying in a warm environment.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would like to welcome you to basenotes as I see that it is your first post. I hope you find this site informative and friendly as I have over the year.

I would say that Cool Water is a great one for me. It lasts forever on my skin and it is so pleasing to the nose that I don't mind at all. Others include Chrome and Live Jazz. I hope yyou find something you like.

Everyone has different skin chemistry so trying them out on your own skin would be ideal. That way you could find something you like and make sure it lasts for you own skin type.

EnvYuS

Post Thanks / Like

I live in a warm Asian climate and I would definitely second Lanvin L'Homme. It doesn't get cloying in the heat and it lasts beautifully. Another good one would be Chromeby Azzaro--light and lasts well. If you want something with more power, Le Dandy by D'Orsay works great, too, but you have to go light in application.

Not as long lasting but ok is Live Jazz by YSL.

Swiss Army, Paco Rabanne PH, Paco Rabanne XS, Gucci Envy (YES!, it does smell good even in the summer temperature, but try it out for yourself first) and Open (by roger and gallet) come to mind immediately. With some research, and looking at the basenoters previous posts, you'll get a lot more information. Welcome to Basenotes.

Armani pour homme is very long-lasting on my skin (close to 9 hours in summer), and probably suits warm weather, if you're looking for a fresh scent.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

thanks radix023, EnvYuS, foetidus, AK3D, Belial for your replies. appreciate it.

i already have coolwater and heard some good things about Chrome by Azzaro. yet to try that. also i checked Lanvin L'homme but says its a EdT and not EdP.

can someone tellme the difference between EdT and EdP and how it differs? radix mentioned that EdP should last longer.

also its there specific way you people apply the perfume to have a long lasting effect.

thanks for your response.

the only thing that lasts on me is Dunhill Desire Red, it is rather fruity as well, try it.

thanks IPCauser for your reply. the summer will be cruel in my part of the world with temp's reaching 110 - 120 F with lot of humidity and i just don't have an option to try various perfumes but want to buy one and then test it out and hope it will be one of my fav.

IMO Chrome is excellent suggestion. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

Definetely Azzaro Chrome!
    Another good suggestions would be Polo Black, Polo Blue, Cool water deep and aramis Life.

thanks pigeon murdered and rcavs. i guess i will give Chrome by Azzaro a try as its mentioned by lot of people. i just hope it will be one of my favourite too.

thanks again guys for your replies.

this site is awesome. i don't know how i got the basenotes.net address as i was looking for perfume information for a very long time and now that i've found it all i have to say is "this site rocks"