Code of Conduct

Default Coco mademoiselle alternative required

Hello everyone. I've been a Chanel devotee for many years now, and for the past few years have become very attached to Coco Mademoiselle. However, too many other people are wearing it! I'm in my late 30's and I walk past teenagers wearing it (where do they get the money?). Chanel Chance is quite nice but same problem. I have recently come across Clarins Par Amour which is very nice, but it's not quite hitting the mark. Chanel No. 5 is too talcy for me.

Has anybody got any suggestions for a more exclusive alternative along similar lines to Coco Mademoiselle? I wear it both daytime and evening. I know Gucci Rush is similar but maybe too similar?

I would welcome suggestions.

Default Re: Coco mademoiselle alternative required

well since i'm a fan of both Coco Mademoiselle and Chance (both are so sexy), perhaps my tastes will suit you as well. besides those two, some of my favorites are:

Love In White
    Spring Flower
    Imperial Jade Empress
    La Chase Aux Papillons
    No. 19 - this one might work the best for you.
    oh and maybe Tiffany (can't remember if i liked the original or the Pure).

i'm sure the ladies (who are far more knowledgeable in female frags than i) can give you lots of other suggestions.

p.s. welcome

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Viktor & Rolf. Smelled it today and Coco Mademoiselle was the first thing I thought of actually.

Many thanks for those replies. Those sound ideal and I've never heard of most of them so it should offer more exclusivity. Now I've just got to find somewhere that sells them near to me!

depending on where you live, you might have to go online to find some of them.

i didn't list the houses. you can look them up in the directory, but here they are:

Love In White - Creed
    Spring Flower - Creed
    Imperial Jade Empress - Agatha Brown
    La Chase Aux Papillons - L'Artisan Parfumeur
    No. 19 - Chanel
    Tiffany - Tiffany

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I used to wear Coco Mademoiselle and really like chance as well, but like you mentioned everyone wears those. I recently bought the new Burberry London a few weeks ago which I really like so far, so that'll be my suggestion.

This is going to surprise you all (or maybe not). I have spent an entire day sniffing and testing and have made a purchase. Dior Addict 2. It's a lighter version of Coco Mademoiselle - ideal for summer days - and I'm REALLY REALLY happy with it. Thanks for your replies. I going to pursue Imperial Jade Empress and Love in White but may have to wait until I'm in London to be able to sample them - they may be more what I want from an autumn/winter fragrance. xx

Overcome By Fumes

Tuscany Donna

This'll sound really weird, but I think Lancome Miracle Homme is a little like Mademoiselle!!! Smells fruity and orange blossomy to me. Oh well, at least all the other girls wouldn't be wearing it...

For other suggestions, I'd try Edition de Parfums / Frederic Malle Carnal Flower and Iris Poudre. Not because they are anything like Mademoiselle, but because they are the best (but expensive) and no-one else will have them. And if you're at the Chanel counter, try Chanel Gardenia.

Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime