Code of Conduct

Default how and where to wear your frag?

Where and how to you wear cologne for maxium effect and longivity?

Thanks in Advance!

Default Re: how and where to wear your frag?

I used to wear a spray to the neck (throat) and chest, but I think that I was putting out too much sillage. Now, I just do 1-2 sprays on the chest. Generally only 1 spray since it is getting warmer now. I can detect myself, not sure if others can. I assume so though.

Hey, HondaJake.

There is kind of a conflict here. You'll get more sillage but less longevity or vice vera.

In order to smell the greatest and produce a lot of sillage(what others smell wafting off you) you would need to spray your juice in certain "hot spots." These places generally produce the most heat on your body and, therefore, more of a smell. Those spots are: Neck, Chest, Wrist, Inner Elbow... and any other pulse point. Increased blood flow in an area increases the heat and makes it an ideal spot for application. Those places will put out a strong odor or fragrance but it will be used up more rapidly.

On the other hand, you'll need to spray on your clothes and give yourself another spritz in order to keep the longevity lasting long. There is no secret to longevity. Peoples skin chemistry breaks down the components of juice fast and some slow. It is a matter of your bodys reaction to the juice and the amout you apply. If it wont last then there is nothing to do other than re-apply later. I find that stronger versions EDP (Eau De Parfum) last longer as they have more alcohol in them. Clothes trap in certain frags as well. It is just a trial and error function.

I would test certain ones on different areas of your body and on your clothes and see what you like. Eventually you'll have your own way of applying fragrance!
    ;D
    EnvYuS

Just to clear things up, it appears that Envyus made a rare mistake when he said that EDP's last longer because they have more alcohol in them. In reality they last longer because they have a higher % of essential oils. Though the rule that edp's last longer has so many exceptions that you might want to ignore it. Tons of edts last forever (Angel is an edt) and lots of edps (for example some Creed fragrances) have poor longevity. Sillage is also difficult to gauge simply by looking at oil percentages. The only way to know how long a frag will last is trying it out on your own skin. Everyone so far has had good tips as far as where to apply frags. I'd like to add that less is more in most cases, especially with stronger fragrances. However, usually the more comfortable you are with a fragrance the more you apply, which is totally alright just don't go overboard.

Thanks guys. Armani Mania is what I wear mostly, now, and it works well with my skin. I just wasn't shure if 2 sprays on the chest was the "Right" way to wear it.

The generally recommended way to get longevity is to layer your scent:
    Get the body wash and/or shampoo.
    Use the Aftershave.
    Use the deodorant.
    And of course use the EdT/EdP. (I've never seen pure perfume in a men's scent)

Not all fragrances have the full line of products, of course.

Hope this helps

Wrists : 1 spray
    Chest (top of the shirt) : 1 spray
    Neck (front) : 2 sprays
    Neck (back) : 1 spray
    Head (top of it) : 1 spray

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

My wife would think that is too much! 2 on chest seems to work and 1 on neck.

Quote Originally Posted by hondajake
    My wife would think that is too much! 2 on chest seems to work and 1 on neck.
    Well then, I guess I have tolerant gf since I can`t hear any complains! ;D

Yeah, I`m a heavy spritzer. "Less is more is crap" and "The bigger the better" are my favourite sayings. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

My wife hears more than one spray she is like you put too much on!! LOL

where: neck
    how: lightly (2 sprays max. add a walkthrough if you must.)
    longevity: re-apply

p.s. check the faq for more info on this topic.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado