Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hello all.. I'm a new member to Basenotes. I luv perfume, fragrances and flavors. There is so much information on this website for me to read, I will need to camp out for a weekend on my couch with my laptop and search away.

The world of fragrance is a delight for the soul....

Quote Originally Posted by luvs_perfume View Post
    Hello all.. I'm a new member to Basenotes. I luv perfume, fragrances and flavors. There is so much information on this website for me to read, I will need to camp out for a weekend on my couch with my laptop and search away.

The world of fragrance is a delight for the soul....
    Ah, it is a delight indeed.

Welcome to basenotes! Glad to see you have found us. You'll certainly learn a ton here, I just don't think a weekend is long enough!

Welcome... Enjoy!

Hi all!

In my 30's I took an interest in wine...

In my early 40's I took an interest in dancing...

I've left it 'till I'm nearly 50 before taking a more serious interest in how I smell...

Look out for tons of questions from me, oh, and Thanks In Advance!

Just a quick question - generally how long do fragrances last for? I bought a little bottle of Terre d'Hermes, but I don't really see myself using it a whole lot just yet as I feel it's a little mature for me (i'm only 20). I don't wanna just leave it in a wardrobe and have it "going off" though.
    Last edited by Smeghead; 17th October 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Hello everyone! I'm from Barcelona, and I've always been into fragrances.

The main problem I have is I can't decide when I feel like buying myself a fragrance!!

Thank you for letting my aboard!!! Let me explore the oceans and the lands of fragrances with you all! (I have a lot to learn)

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    Just a quick question - generally how long do fragrances last for? I bought a little bottle of Terre d'Hermes, but I don't really see myself using it a whole lot just yet as I feel it's a little mature for me (i'm only 20). I don't wanna just leave it in a wardrobe and have it "going off" though.
    Your bottle will last as long as you keep it in decent conditions. We have some members who own bottles that are decades old. Keep the bottle out of the sun and away from your radiator or heating vent and you'll be fine storing it for a long time. There is no expiration date, so it's up to you.

One extra thing to think about. If it is a mini, it is most likely a splash bottle, so you'll want to use it a bit faster being that it gets more exposure to oxygen. The contact with your skin will also blend your oils and skin cells with the juice in the bottle. Minis are for testing and decoration. No need to hold on to it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheBeginner View Post
    Hi all!

In my 30's I took an interest in wine...

In my early 40's I took an interest in dancing...

I've left it 'till I'm nearly 50 before taking a more serious interest in how I smell...

Look out for tons of questions from me, oh, and Thanks In Advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matti View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm from Barcelona, and I've always been into fragrances.

The main problem I have is I can't decide when I feel like buying myself a fragrance!!

Thank you for letting my aboard!!! Let me explore the oceans and the lands of fragrances with you all! (I have a lot to learn)

Welcome to the both of you. I see you've added a few posts to your count. I hope you are enjoying everything here. Keep posting your questions and reading up!!

hi...everyone...

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by isaye99 View Post
    hi...everyone...
    Welcome isaye99. Nice to have you on board.

I joined recently(but have been reading for a while) but only just realized this thread was here. I'm astounded by the amount of knowledge on this forum! I'm in the suburban Detroit, Michigan area.

Is there a thread that talks about places to buy online? There are so many sites and it's hard to tell how legit they are. I'm especially interested in knowing what the safest places are to buy Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by dieudonnee View Post
    I joined recently(but have been reading for a while) but only just realized this thread was here. I'm astounded by the amount of knowledge on this forum! I'm in the suburban Detroit, Michigan area.

Is there a thread that talks about places to buy online? There are so many sites and it's hard to tell how legit they are. I'm especially interested in knowing what the safest places are to buy Creed.

http://community.basenotes.net/forum...c&daysprune=-1

Use that link and you'll find a lot of threads if you scroll down. If you only see a few then you'll need to change how far back you are looking to allow older threads to show up. There are a bunch of reviews of online shopping sources.

I wouldn't know about online buying when it comes to Creeds, but Nieman Marcus has a great creed counter.

^Thanks.

I was just at a Neiman Marcus yesterday checking out the Creeds! Looking to take the plunge on one before the end of the year.

whats good fella's....

just bought some killian back to black & cruel intentions and realized how much i like smelling good...

so i decided to join a forum lol

now that im seeing people pretty much build cologne collections... i might be up next for that

Quote Originally Posted by walk with me View Post
    whats good fella's....

just bought some killian back to black & cruel intentions and realized how much i like smelling good...

so i decided to join a forum lol

now that im seeing people pretty much build cologne collections... i might be up next for that
    Welcome to basenotes! Smelling good is one of our staples here... of course we all think we do

I think you'll find it very easy to get into building your own collection here. Enjoy!

Hi!
    Have been reading an lurking for a while and have discovered some fantastic scents via some really helpful people. You guys are the antithesis of the people who offer fragrance squirts in the department stores ie knowledgable and not on commission!!! Have built up quite an armoury of what my wife calls smellies thanks to the info on here and still on the lookout! Belated Happy New Year to everyone!

Hi from London. Want to start discovering the joy of scents! So will be reading a lot of the posts in this site to give me new ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by telleron View Post
    Hi from London. Want to start discovering the joy of scents! So will be reading a lot of the posts in this site to give me new ideas!
    Welcome to basenotes. Glad to see you here with us. Reading is going to get you pretty far with this crowd because there is a ton on information to find. You just need to look in the right places, which anyone here, including myself, will gladly help you out with.

Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while now and I finally decided to register..I always liked to smell good but I've recently realised I'd like to know much more about fragrances so here I am! I basically know almost nothing about fragrances or such, but I'm here to learn..I'm definitely willing to enlarge my wardrobe.
    This site is amazing by the way I'm impressed by the amount of information it provides..

Hi Serenity*!!

I love your user name.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cartier by Cartier

Question Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Question: I love Bulgari Omnia Crystalline; I've both read, and noticed myself, that it is a light scent. It disappears rather quickly. I'd like suggestions on a similar scent that is longer lasting.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome Serenity* and Peachallie.

I am not familiar with Bulgari Omnia Crystalline but reading about it, it sounds like it's a musky woods scent - and remember...certain people (like me) cannot smell certain musks so perhaps it smells 'light' to you because you're not smelling/experiencing the musk?

If I were you, I would do an Advanced Search here on BN with the keywords 'musky wood' in the Female Fragrance Board and see what you come up with.

Good luck!

Basenotes Institution

So many new members- what a delight ! Welcome to Basenotes and let your sniffing adventure begin !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    Hi Serenity*!!

I love your user name.
    Thank you!
    I actually don't like it but I had no inspiration when I registered, haha

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity* View Post
    Hi everyone!

I've been reading this forum for a while now and I finally decided to register..I always liked to smell good but I've recently realised I'd like to know much more about fragrances so here I am! I basically know almost nothing about fragrances or such, but I'm here to learn..I'm definitely willing to enlarge my wardrobe.
    This site is amazing by the way I'm impressed by the amount of information it provides..
    You are in excellent company, I assure you! Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Hi All, I just found this place, you folks sure know about perfumes, I hope you can help me find something I am looking for, I saw a few suggestions from other posts.

Thanks to all who posted links on where to buy supplies, if I would not have searched on a perfume this evening I would never have found this place.

thanks again
    Last edited by 3nines; 5th February 2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: add

Hello... I just started a collecting fragrances a few weeks ago, and ran into your site while looking for various reviews of cologne online. this website has been so helpful and informative about what types of frags I should sample... Some of my favorite colognes i've tried/purchased so far have been these

YSL M7 (love this)
    Gucci Envy
    Comme Des Garcons 2Man (love the smell, but very bad longevity)
    Gucci Pour Homme I & II
    Terre D Hermes
    Encre Noire
    CDG Kyoto (my favorite)

can anyone recommend any other frags I might enjoy based on the ones I like? thanks!

We're happy to have you. You'll be telling people where to buy samples and sharing your experiences and tastes soon enough. If you can't find what you are looking here then it must not exist...

Omnia Crystalline was supposed to be fruity; I'm currently enjoying Chanel No, 19 but still looking for that great mostly fruity/ touch of floral combo.

Well, I have a question :
    Is it ok to spray so much fragrance, that you actually smell ? (for example, you use 4 or 5 sprays, then you go out). I never did that, I am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves Saint Lourock View Post
    Well, I have a question :
    Is it ok to spray so much fragrance, that you actually smell ? (for example, you use 4 or 5 sprays, then you go out). I never did that, I am just curious.
    Yes it is. 4-5 sprays seems to be the maximum that many people will spray. You want to smell! And you want to smell good. Don't go crazy and make it that you fill the room with your fragrance when you walk in, but enough so that at the right distance people will enjoy you.