Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Welcome, Wyllow! For mainstream/designer scents, Nordstrom and Sephora are both very generous with samples. They'll decant what you're interested in -- I know Sephora carries Lolita Lempicka.

For smaller/niche houses, many of them have sample programs, so I always check their web sites first. If not, places like LuckyScent, Perfumed Court, and BeautyHabit sell samples, although these can be pricey.
    Last edited by Thalia; 21st May 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Hello all! This looks like a great forum. I own a luxury men's boutique and I am researching men's fragrances and apothecary which will compliment our collections. We are located in the US. I will be hanging out here for a while learning, but if anyone has advice feel free to pm or e-mail me directly. Best, Jay
    www.blueowl.us
    www.blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mugenx10 View Post
    Hello all! This looks like a great forum. I own a luxury men's boutique and I am researching men's fragrances and apothecary which will compliment our collections. We are located in the US. I will be hanging out here for a while learning, but if anyone has advice feel free to pm or e-mail me directly. Best, Jay
    One other thing, I am not interested in items that can be found in department stores. We pride ourselves on exclusivity. CDG fragrances are OK, but that is the most commercial I am considering.
    www.blueowl.us
    www.blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mugenx10 View Post
    Hello all! This looks like a great forum.
    It certainly is that !. Hello and welcome mugenx10.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 1st June 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Welcome mugenx10, I'm a newbie too. I think you came to the right forum. Basenotes is a great place to learn about great and not so great fragrances. The members are great and helpful if you ever need advice.

Hello everyone! I'm new here... I've been a long-time member of Fragrantica, and I didn't know about this forum. This is great place!

Many regards

Basenotes Institution

Hi new members ! Welcome to Basenotes- it's good to have you here !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Question Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

As a dedicated user, I am NOT concerned with "exclusivity" nor whether one can recognize the scent. On the other hand, I still feel there are scents I'd love from the smaller houses (niche?) and want to explore. Any suggestions? I just found BASIL DREAM by Estee Lauder and love it; the best I've come across since Noa Perle.

Greetings from Jamaica, West Indies.

I had an epiphany this morning and decided to search for a fragrance forum and, voila, found Basenotes. Seems like a very comprehensive site so far. Will be doing much more digging as time progresses.

I was in charge of marketing for a local fragrance and premium apparel store, but lack of commitment from stakeholders (myself included) and a tough economic climate meant the company went belly-up last yr

Now I'm looking to branch out on my own and really get engrossed in the world of fragrances again.

Think I'll be on here A LOT from now on. Kudos
    Last edited by ForresterOD; 20th June 2010 at 06:18 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ForresterOD View Post
    Think I'll be on here A LOT from now on. Kudos
    Glad to hear it. Welcome !.

Hello,

I'm Cyrana and I'm new here. What a great site!

I am pretty sure my husband, friends and family are tired of listening to me talk about fragrance, so I was happy to come across this forum.

I consider myself a perfume newbie. I have not worn fragrance in years until recently. My places of employment over the past 12 years have been very strict against wearing anything scented so I just got out of the habit. Now, I wear fragrance at home for my own enjoyment.

I know I will learn a lot from the perfume lovers on this site!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrana View Post
    I am pretty sure my husband, friends and family are tired of listening to me talk about fragrance, so I was happy to come across this forum.
    You can rest assured that no-one will get tired of the subject here. Welcome aboard !!.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    You can rest assured that no-one will get tired of the subject here. Welcome aboard !!.
    Thanks Jon! I'm going to wade in slowly...there is so much to discuss!

You may have found a good starting place. Most of my life I've had a sister who loved fragrance close enough to me to discuss scents, earlier a mother who loved the bath gels I found (it lightened the mood, she was disabled by age 50 & at first when she needed help getting in & out of the tub, was embarrassed. Luscious scents & a few rubber duckies got rid of THAT quickly; she also loved getting ME scents she wanted me to "try out")
    Now, I've got one full time & two part time secretaries; they love fragrance but cannot always afford what they'd like so of course it is my DUTY to buy them little luxuries. I got an old, old scent from the Vermont Country Store for my full time woman. It brought back memories of her childhood, her mother had carried a tiny bottle of it in her pocket........

In my line of work talking about scent is a nice break from discussing which county detention center/prison I gotta visit next.

Hey everyone I have been reading this site for awhile so I decided to finally make an account. Everyone seems very friendly and supportive so I know this is the right place to be for any perfume maniac like me

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by reba00 View Post
    I know this is the right place to be for any perfume maniac like me
    Correct !. Welcome reba00 - nice to have you here.

Hi Peachallie,

Thank you for sharing that story about your mother. It's amazing how scent can provide comfort and soothe the emotions.

Smile Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hi there everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and so excited to have found it!! I've been obsessed with fragrances since I can remember (maybe when my grandmother gave me a tiny bottle of L'Air du Temps when I was about 8). This site seems to have so many reliable links and interesting members, I hope to get to know some of you and learn lots about my passion!

Hi everyone! I have only worn a handful of fragrances in my time, but I am curious about other stuff out there.

I have started a thread on this board and would appreciate any feedback that you may have. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/255...ance-longevity

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by miss mills View Post
    Hi there everyone, I'm a newbie to this site and so excited to have found it!! I've been obsessed with fragrances since I can remember (maybe when my grandmother gave me a tiny bottle of L'Air du Temps when I was about 8). This site seems to have so many reliable links and interesting members, I hope to get to know some of you and learn lots about my passion!
    Nice to have another Kiwi on board (I have family in Christchurch and love the country). A very warm welcome to you.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 29th June 2010 at 06:16 AM.

Thank you for the lovely welcome - I've spent time in Hertfordshire and lived in England for around 5yrs and love your country too!

I just ordered samples of Lys, Orange Star & Mandarine. Lucky scents isn't cheap, still if you enjoy fragrance enough.....I see noxious candy bars for $2.89. $3.00 for a sample of a good scent is WORTH IT.

Basenotes Institution

Hi everyone who is new here. Wishing you a long and warm fragrant stay here at your Basenotes Home .

Love

Mimi

PS You will soon learn that I can't spell .*LOL*
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 29th June 2010 at 11:57 PM. Reason: spelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi wanted to know if it is expensive to ship perfume to australia

Oops I missed this thread when I joined up, so I just jumped in with random posts. But heres my belated introduction:

I love this forum/site, and have been lurking quite a while thanks for all the fragrant information Ive picked up from you wise basenoters! I have always been interested in perfume, but only in the past year have been becoming a bit more obsessed, prompted by my discovery of ordering samples on the internets. Who knew that those little 1ml vials could be so addictive? Finding out more about perfume has awakened my latent nerdy tendencies, and Im eager to learn about different notes/accords and all sorts of aromas. Although this hobby has caused some concern in my husband (hes a little freaked by the number of packages arriving at the house), hes also really interested in scent, and has been thrilled with some of my discoveries (CdGs Avignon is now a shared fragrance in our house, and hes become somewhat of a Christopher Brosius fanboy). While its nice to have someone at home that will put up with my obsessive interest in fragrance, its also great to talk on the forums with folks who share the obsessiveness!

Thanks again!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by phthalo View Post
    Oops – I missed this thread when I joined up, so I just jumped in with random posts. But here’s my belated introduction:

I love this forum/site, and have been lurking quite a while – thanks for all the fragrant information I’ve picked up from you wise basenoters! I have always been interested in perfume, but only in the past year have been becoming a bit more obsessed, prompted by my discovery of ordering samples on the internets. Who knew that those little 1ml vials could be so addictive? Finding out more about perfume has awakened my latent nerdy tendencies, and I’m eager to learn about different notes/accords and all sorts of aromas. Although this hobby has caused some concern in my husband (he’s a little freaked by the number of packages arriving at the house), he’s also really interested in scent, and has been thrilled with some of my discoveries (CdG’s Avignon is now a shared fragrance in our house, and he’s become somewhat of a Christopher Brosius fanboy). While it’s nice to have someone at home that will put up with my obsessive interest in fragrance, it’s also great to talk on the forums with folks who share the obsessiveness!

Thanks again!
    Welcome aboard from another nerdy obsessive !. Glad to have you here phthalo.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th July 2010 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks for the welcome!

Hello everyone , Im Cash06 from Atlanta Ga . I'm very impress with this site . My fragrance of choice is CREED .

Basenotes Institution

Welcome Cash06 !

thanks
    Ironbred East --www.ironbred.com--

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cash06 View Post
    Hello everyone , Im Cash06 from Atlanta Ga . I'm very impress with this site . My fragrance of choice is CREED .
    Welcome cash06 !.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 27th July 2010 at 04:58 PM.

Hi everybody...

I'm a new member and just want to say hello. I love niche perfumes, and I'll probably post only about them.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sorella View Post
    Hi everybody...

I'm a new member and just want to say hello. I love niche perfumes, and I'll probably post only about them.

Hi, Sorella. Glad you decided to join us here. Hope you enjoy being part of the community.

Hi all,
    Love this site. This site actually educated me in what in the hell are
    perfumes.

I am a deodorant guy so I have not a single perfume before.

Ok here is my real question. I am going to a ball in couple of weeks.
    I want to buy this perfume Polo blue, love the smell .
    I was wondering if this perfume is good for dinner party?

After months and months of reading the reviews here on BN, I'm finally joining.

Hi all, the name is Calero, looking forward to joining in discussion on my favorite hobby: fragrances!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    After months and months of reading the reviews here on BN, I'm finally joining.

Hi all, the name is Calero, looking forward to joining in discussion on my favorite hobby: fragrances!
    Thanks for introducing yourself. Welcome, Calero !.

Talking Hello to all here.

Hello,
    To all i just joined to day on my birthday i'm excited to be here and hope to learn alot about perfumes and oils mostly. I look foward to meeting and greeting alot of members here. God bless you all.
    Sincerely,
    Angie.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Hello to all here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle2100 View Post
    Hello,
    To all i just joined to day on my birthday i'm excited to be here and hope to learn alot about perfumes and oils mostly. I look foward to meeting and greeting alot of members here. God bless you all.
    Sincerely,
    Angie.
    Happy Birthday, Angie - hope your day is a special one. It's great to have you here. Welcome !.

Good morning,
    How are you oh my you've made my day Tyyyy ever so much and may you enjoy this day as well. Ty so very much for the welcome as well it's beginning to feel like i'm at home here ;-)

Ty Calero!.

I'm here in search of info on mainly Charles of the ritz perfumes ~WOMAN~ IN THE BURGANDY CAN and ~RITZ LIGHT~ IN THE SILVER CAN!!

great start to joining this.. met some fantastic people at Luxasia sale and was amazed to meet like minded people.. here's to you chaps....

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by osm36 View Post
    great start to joining this.. met some fantastic people at Luxasia sale and was amazed to meet like minded people.. here's to you chaps....

Welcome osm36 !.

And as a newbe (or however you spell it) myself welcome to all other newbes also "starting out" on Basenotes...

Here's also a suggestion:
    I wish Basenotes had a Category (male & female) List of fragrances characterized as predominantly florals, fruits, fougeres, aquas or blues, grasses or greens, earth, woods, spices, tobaccos, orientals, etc...or however best (professionally) they could/should be categorized...if they do I have not as yet been able to find it...
    Last edited by wggmn3; 10th October 2010 at 03:55 AM.

I'm new to the forums and to the premium fragrance world and I'm looking to get more info from all of you
    themodernguy.com

Basenotes Institution

Sparkle2100 - Happy belated Birthday !
    osm36 - welcome aboard the fragrant train.
    wggmn3 - hi there !
    kanundra - welcome to Basenotes.

I hope you all have a good time on Basenotes- it's good to have you all here.

Hello, I am brand new member here, but I have used the site a lot. I am not really new at the perfume world, actually this is my obsetion for a long time now. I am sorry for my bad english. My name is Reni and I am a student in Germany, but I come from Bulgaria.
    And now my problem: I can not edit my wardrobe. I have tried to add perfumes, but when I go to e perfume description I must log in, when I log in I am send to the main page, and when I tried again to add a perfume, I must again login and the circle is closed. Is there a problem with the all wardrobes, or it is just me?

..hate to be in the wrong place but can someone direct me to a swap thread. I'm new to this and I'm trying to swap a few bottles.
    All the help is highly appreciate it.

I've been lurking around Basenotes since March, and I finally joined up in July. I've so enjoyed reading what others have to say, I haven't posted anything 'til now. But I suppose it's time.

So how did I get here? Well, until 6 months ago (March 2010), I hadn't worn actual perfume in nearly 20 years (BB&W lotions don't count). I'm ashamed to admit that the last time I bought a bottle of perfume was in the early 90s -- it might have been Mackie. Anyway, I turned 40 in March, and I decided that such a significant birthday deserved a commensurate significant life change, and since fragrance addiction was infinitely preferable to other potential mid-life crises, I launched myself full throttle into fragrance.

It was time to start smelling spectacular. Not having been anywhere near a perfume counter in years, I went to a department store, sniffed around for a couple of hours, and finally settled on a bottle of Calvin Klein Euphoria even though I wasn't wholly satisfied with anything I had smelled. So I tried to figure out what, exactly, I liked in Euphoria, thinking that if I could narrow that down, I could find other fragrances that I liked. I found an online description of Euphoria, discovered that fragrance ingredients are called "notes," and found Basenotes, at which point the researching -- and the addiction -- began in earnest.

The rest is typical ExtremeKF history: 10 new bottles of perfume and over 100 samples (and counting) later, I find myself a sucker for woods, spice, smoke, vanilla, amber, musk, and leather. My favorites include most of the Serge Lutens catalogue (with Chergui, Bois de Violette, Sarrasins, Fumerie Turque, and Daim Blond currently topping the list), Comme des Garcons - Avignon, Tom Ford - Amber Absolute, and Etat Libre d'Orange - Divin' Enfant. My one nod to the girly: Carnal Flower. Holy cow.

I have long since abandoned the goal of a "signature" scent. There are too many fabulous ones out there to limit myself, and I always come here when considering new samples. The members here are wonderful. So thanks for the great reviews and advice over the last 6 months!

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes ExtremeKF! You are definitely in the right place. The members here are so nice and give such great advice. I've only been a member since April, but thanks to the people here I've learned so much. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.

Hello my name is Nina. I have recently discoverd my love for fragrances after getting back in shape and losing weight. I guess you could say I feel a lot better about myself. I am married, and have a daughter and grandaughter, and two beautiful shetland sheepdogs ( mini collies )
    My favorite perfume is Fendi Theorema, and since it is discontinued ( pooo ) I am forever looking for a replacement for it. Any ideas?

HI all, very great place basenotes , new at fragrances world ...but just learning a lot here...

best , Manu

Basenotes Plus

Welcome Rizack and nicoch. Hope you enjoy yourselves here.

Thanks Jon

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on these boards for the past two years and I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself. I think somewhat typically, my first visits here were fueled by the desire to find out what scents girls go crazy for. Gradually, by testing fragrances like crazy, and using the search function a LOT, I began to discover how enjoyable and pleasurable fragrances can be. I'm still a newb at all this compared to most people here, there is so much to learn and so much to sniff!

Anyways, thanks to everyone here for all the knowledge you share, this is truly a great community.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Matt P View Post
    Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on these boards for the past two years and I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself. I think somewhat typically, my first visits here were fueled by the desire to find out what scents girls go crazy for. Gradually, by testing fragrances like crazy, and using the search function a LOT, I began to discover how enjoyable and pleasurable fragrances can be. I'm still a newb at all this compared to most people here, there is so much to learn and so much to sniff!

Anyways, thanks to everyone here for all the knowledge you share, this is truly a great community.
    It is indeed Matt - thanks for introducing yourself and a very warm welcome to you.

Hey everyone!

After lurking around for a while now, I decided to come out of my shell and say hello. I'm kind of an...advanced noob (perhaps?) when it comes to perfume. Most of my actual fragrance wardrobe is accessible pick-me-up-in-the-department-store-or-duty-free stuff, but there are plenty of fragrances I know I'd LOVE just by reading the notes...and some niche scents I'm dying to smell. Who am I kidding, I want to smell everything!

So, I've got a small wardrobe and a hungry nose. Glad to be here sharing in this scent odyssey.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome aboard ,new people !

.....Jilly,Matt P ,nicoch,Rizack, ExtremeKF,Nour PC,burningacid !

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Glad to be here sharing in this scent odyssey.
    Glad to have you here Jilly. Welcome !!.

Post Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Lately, I was hoping that there would be site like this, so now I'm glad to have discovered it's existence. Perfumery has been an odd hobby of mine that is quickly growing. I would have to say that my main source of inspiration to take up the craft was a perfume released by the Japanese fashion label, Comme Des Garcon(object of my obsession.), who came up with a fragrance based on concepts known as Odeur 53:http://www.amazon.com/Comme-Garcons-...6774979&sr=8-1
    I know this isn't going to be everybody's cup of cappuccino, but it is truly what I aspire to.

I'm here to learn how to make that aspiration more of possibility.