Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 481 to 540 of 1019
  1. #481
    Charismatic
    Guest

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hello everyone im new to this site. I've been using fragrances for a while now, but I always bought the same stuff because whenever i would buy new fragrances they my smelled good on paper but not on my skin. I would only use A-Men, Issey Miyake, LeMale ect... So one day i received a card from Thierry Mugler about Pure Havane I did an Internet search on it and Boom! Basenotes popped up. Now when i go to Saks i already know what im looking for by the notes and all i have to do is get a sample or spray a little on my hand let it dry and make a very informed decision. I do this all the time the SA knows me well now lol. We swapped numbers. Thanks Basenotes. Oh yeah i love Hermes fragrances. Peace

  2. #482
    Charismatic
    Guest

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Oh yeah i can't forget the youtube reviewers Marc and Brandon videos popped up also. They helped out alot.

  3. #483

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hey, everyone.
    I'm new here (and also not american so forgive my english if it comes out wrong).. and I'd like to ask you guys something.
    The things is I'm a guy but I find male fragrances quite harsh and I just don't know.. not a big fan of anything I have ever tried.
    The fragrance I like the most is not a very cool one nor has good reviews here. It's Boss Botled. I like it a lot. But still I think it's a little bit harsh for everyday use.
    I also own A*Men, Armani Code, Dior Homme, Dior Homme Sport, Azzarro Chrome Sport.
    The Sport ones are my everyday choice.
    I like Dior Homme a lot too, but only for evenings and cold weather.

    But women's fragrance..oh God.. I love some of them!
    I really like Miss Dior Cherie, EaudeMoiselle by Givenchy, Be Delicious by DKNY and especially Chanel Mademoiselle.
    So I'd like to know if there are any male fragrances that smell like them..
    and also if it would be weird if I bought a Chanel Mademoiselle for myself.

    Thanks.

  4. #484
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by andrelegnani View Post
    Hey, everyone.
    I'm new here (and also not american so forgive my english if it comes out wrong).. and I'd like to ask you guys something.
    The things is I'm a guy but I find male fragrances quite harsh and I just don't know.. not a big fan of anything I have ever tried.
    The fragrance I like the most is not a very cool one nor has good reviews here. It's Boss Botled. I like it a lot. But still I think it's a little bit harsh for everyday use.
    I also own A*Men, Armani Code, Dior Homme, Dior Homme Sport, Azzarro Chrome Sport.
    The Sport ones are my everyday choice.
    I like Dior Homme a lot too, but only for evenings and cold weather.

    But women's fragrance..oh God.. I love some of them!
    I really like Miss Dior Cherie, EaudeMoiselle by Givenchy, Be Delicious by DKNY and especially Chanel Mademoiselle.
    So I'd like to know if there are any male fragrances that smell like them..
    and also if it would be weird if I bought a Chanel Mademoiselle for myself.

    Thanks.
    Welcome to BN, my friend!

    Listen - if you are on post number 3 and you already like some female-gendered fragrances and are comfortable with them, just do it and avoid the multiple years of pointless worrying that most guys do on here. The one's you're talking about are pretty neutral anyway.

    Many male fragrances are starting to cross the line in a big way - and guys really enjoy them. Dior Homme, Kenzo Power, Prada Infusion d'Homme, and many others would probably be guessed as women's frags if people did a blind sniff. Many women wear guy fragrances, so don't feel bad poaching their stuff. My wife and I borrow each other's stuff quite a bit.

    The other thing is that women do enjoy smelling the fragrances they like on guys. I mean - it makes sense - right?

    My favorite women's Chanel is no. 5 Eau Premiere. Give it a try - it's awesome stuff. It's a really guy-friendly version of no. 5. And the new Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial is also very nice.

    Again, welcome to BN!

    PS - what do you think of the women's Armani Code? I like the men's, but I smelled an awesome version on somebody in the mall, and I think it might have been the regular women's version.
    * * * *

  5. #485

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hey, all. I'm another new kid on the block; though I've been a lurker for some time now, I thought I might as well get an account and participate.

    I don't have much experience with fragrance, but I do have a rotation of sorts-- Pierre Cardin pour Monsieur, Obsession for Men, and Halston Z-14. I look forward to learning more about fragrance and acquiring some new scents- I already have a few in mind.

  6. #486
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveAppellation View Post
    Hey, all. I'm another new kid on the block; though I've been a lurker for some time now, I thought I might as well get an account and participate.

    I don't have much experience with fragrance, but I do have a rotation of sorts-- Pierre Cardin pour Monsieur, Obsession for Men, and Halston Z-14. I look forward to learning more about fragrance and acquiring some new scents- I already have a few in mind.
    Glad you decided to join up. Welcome !.

  7. #487

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    All I can say is to all the new members!

  8. #488

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hello guys,

    I'm really excited about joining this forum. I'd hope to enjoy my stay here as I meet everyone and share ideas.
    http://thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/

  9. #489
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by HHAuthority View Post
    Hello guys,

    I'm really excited about joining this forum. I'd hope to enjoy my stay here as I meet everyone and share ideas.
    You'll enjoy it here for sure. Good to meet you, HHAuthority.


  10. #490

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi there all,

    I stumbled across this site by chance a few weeks ago and have been lurking ever since. I am a complete novice when it comes to fragrances but am eager to learn more and understand more about them. This site seems an ideal place to do that! The few weeks I have been browsing this site has thrown up many questions and I hope I dont annoy too many with my trivial queries.

    Thanks in advance and I very much look forward to improving my fragrance knowledge!

  11. #491
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by maninja View Post
    Hi there all,

    I stumbled across this site by chance a few weeks ago and have been lurking ever since. I am a complete novice when it comes to fragrances but am eager to learn more and understand more about them. This site seems an ideal place to do that!
    It certainly is, maninja. You are also ideally situated in London for plenty of fragrant adventures. Enjoy the ride !.


  12. #492

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi everyone, new to the site and I can only say I am so happy. This is paradise, I have always enjoyed fragances since my childhood, used to wear edt when I was 4!! lol so I have always been an enthusiast. Im not a specialist but I enjoy a good smell and I hope to learn a lot here. Sorry if my english is bad but its not my 1st language. Also I just finished making my wardrove and thats an awesome feature i must say!, it took me some time tou dust some unused fragances but there it is and i now can see there what i have. Now speakin' bout edt's I must say I like strong smells, orientals and some fruity. my all time favorites are Xeryus Rouge, Kouros and Guerlain's Vetiver, also Guerlain is my favorite house. I dont know nothing about Niche fragances cause in my country they dont sell thhem, but Im willing to learn something i the forums here and probably during vacations I'll test them and if I like em I can buy some.
    Cheers

  13. #493
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by zarrax View Post
    Hi everyone, new to the site and I can only say I am so happy. This is paradise, I have always enjoyed fragances since my childhood, used to wear edt when I was 4!! lol so I have always been an enthusiast. Im not a specialist but I enjoy a good smell and I hope to learn a lot here. Sorry if my english is bad but its not my 1st language. Also I just finished making my wardrove and thats an awesome feature i must say!, it took me some time tou dust some unused fragances but there it is and i now can see there what i have. Now speakin' bout edt's I must say I like strong smells, orientals and some fruity. my all time favorites are Xeryus Rouge, Kouros and Guerlain's Vetiver, also Guerlain is my favorite house. I dont know nothing about Niche fragances cause in my country they dont sell thhem, but Im willing to learn something i the forums here and probably during vacations I'll test them and if I like em I can buy some.
    Cheers
    Your english seems pretty darn good to me, zarrax !. Welcome to Basenotes

  14. #494
    New Member Two Scentsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, North Carolina
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hello everyone! This is such a great site! So much information to learn from. I would like to thank everyone that contributes....
    Opinions are like... well you know the rest!.... Just my 2 worth

  15. #495
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Scentsworth View Post
    Hello everyone! This is such a great site! So much information to learn from. I would like to thank everyone that contributes....


    Welcome to Basenotes Two Scentsworth

  16. #496

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi

    I am new to Basenotes community forum, so I'd like to say hello. I am sure that thanks to you I'll be able to learn something new about fragrance industry and also share my experience with you. Greetings from Poland.

  17. #497
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,230
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Welcome Niszka!


  18. #498
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Niszka View Post
    Hi

    I am new to Basenotes community forum, so I'd like to say hello. I am sure that thanks to you I'll be able to learn something new about fragrance industry and also share my experience with you. Greetings from Poland.
    Dzien dobry, Niszka. Welcome to Basenotes.

  19. #499

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi there my name is Lili and my favourite fragrances are Angel by Thierry Mugler, L'eau D'issey and I've just discovered 'Radiantly Romantic' by Daniel Vaudd which I'm totally in love with!

  20. #500

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi Everybody. I'm from Eastern Europe. My favourite fragrance for now is Dior Homme, before reformulation

  21. #501
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by lilibartley View Post
    Hi there my name is Lili and my favourite fragrances are Angel by Thierry Mugler, L'eau D'issey and I've just discovered 'Radiantly Romantic' by Daniel Vaudd which I'm totally in love with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Look View Post
    Hi Everybody. I'm from Eastern Europe. My favourite fragrance for now is Dior Homme, before reformulation
    Glad to have you both here.

    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th June 2011 at 02:49 PM.

  22. #502

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi to all !!!

    I'm newbie to this. It's a great forum !!! glad to join here

  23. #503
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by edmorra View Post
    Hi to all !!!

    I'm newbie to this. It's a great forum !!! glad to join here
    This is a great forum, edmorra !. Glad you decided to become part of it.


  24. #504
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hello all, just joined today! I have been into fragrances for a while now
    But this site seems to be very well connected. I am currently wearing Thierry
    Mugler "Pure Havane" and "angel", paca rabanne "1 million" and a few others.
    I have however been in the prowl since January for Theirry Mugler "pure malt". I
    am trying to get my hands on a 3.4oz bottle or two. Can anyone steer me in the right
    Direction? I would love new bottles, but willing to buy slightly used AUTHENTIC bottles
    As well. I am nit an EBay person, but I do have pay a pay pal account. If anyone can help
    It will be vet much appreciated!

  25. #505
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    36
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hello,

    I've recently joined Basenotes and it's lovely to meet you all.

    Kind Regards,

    Belinda
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th July 2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: sales link in body of post
    Kind Regards,

    Belinda Cook
    B Fragrances
    http://www.bfragrances.com.au/

  26. #506
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Cook View Post
    Hello,

    I've recently joined Basenotes and it's lovely to meet you all.

    Kind Regards,

    Belinda
    B Fragrances
    Nice to meet you too Belinda Wishing you a warm welcome and a rewarding experience here.

  27. #507

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    I have been looking into getting some jojoba oil for my cologne wear, but the lady at the store I shop at says jojoba oil is not what im looking for because I'd have to dilute it; that it is not good alone and needs to be mixed with something else(lotion, other oil, etc.). She said that I should look into getting some sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil. I'm now wondering which to go with. Any advice?
    --------------------------------------
    Well I went ahead and purshased some Grapeseed oil, but I haven't had a chance to use it and my cologne together. Another very important question that I'm curious about is: How long do colognes last, and what are the best ways to store/keep them to make sure they last a long while?

  28. #508
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    36
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Thanks for your warm welcome Jon.
    Do you favour niche perfumes or more commercially marketed scents?

    Kind Regards,

    Belinda
    Last edited by socalwoman; 17th July 2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: linking to eBay auctions
    Kind Regards,

    Belinda Cook
    B Fragrances
    http://www.bfragrances.com.au/

  29. #509
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Cook View Post
    Thanks for your warm welcome Jon.
    Do you favour niche perfumes or more commercially marketed scents?

    Kind Regards,

    Belinda
    B Fragrances
    I probably gravitate slightly more towards niche but as long as something appeals pretty much anything goes. My wardrobe has niche, designer, and bargain basement cheapies representing virtually every genre.

  30. #510
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Posts
    36
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Sounds like we have a lot in common
    Kind Regards,

    Belinda Cook
    B Fragrances
    http://www.bfragrances.com.au/

  31. #511

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi everyone. New to the site, only been seriously into fragrances for about 3 weeks now. Already a Tom Ford, Mugler and general gourmand fiend. Looking forward to learning and trying a lot more!

  32. #512
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Welcome to Basenotes, YEAHBUDDY !.


  33. #513

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    i am knew to this site and am not sure how to maneuver around yet, so for me this is helpful. i really want to experience everything this site has to offer.

    Thank you,
    eperfume

  34. #514
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by eperfume View Post
    i am knew to this site and am not sure how to maneuver around yet, so for me this is helpful. i really want to experience everything this site has to offer.

    Thank you,
    eperfume
    Welcome eperfume

  35. #515

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    thanks for the welcome


    Two Thumbs Up for you.

  36. #516

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Grant,
    I am new to fragrance, but I'm already in deep.
    I was recently hired for a cosmetics position and have to sell frangrances as well, and there is such a world of scents! I am desparately looking for help to navigate it.
    Thank you for Basenotes. I really do mean it.

    Besides the wealth of knowledge you have on this site, would you know of any expos, conferences, sponsored events, well anywhere I can go to be lectured on perfume and get out of town awhile! I'd love to know!
    I will be sure to take advantage of this site. Thanks again for your help.

    McBootsnheel

  37. #517

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi all, new to Basenotes and I have a ton of questions. I feel like I know some of you already because I have been reading reviews here for about a year now. Thanks to a group of you I have discovered so many wonderful scents, and been introduced to the world of niche. I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful and fragrant friendship!

  38. #518
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    Hi all, new to Basenotes and I have a ton of questions. I feel like I know some of you already because I have been reading reviews here for about a year now. Thanks to a group of you I have discovered so many wonderful scents, and been introduced to the world of niche. I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful and fragrant friendship!




    Great to have you with us, Jody.

  39. #519

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    I've taken the plunge and registered. Why do I have the feeling my wallet is going to regret this?

    Anyway, I've been sniffing around like a maniac and, so far, have fallen heavily for Creed Himalaya & Aventus and Terre d"Hermes.

  40. #520

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Even though I recently registered and even participated in several topics, Ive been a reader of this website for several years. Its amazing the amount of information that can be found here. Many of the BN memebers seem to be extremely helpful and attentive which is very rare to see in these modern days of the internet.

    Oh and greetings from the far, far land of Costa Rica
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?

  41. #521
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoyo View Post
    I've taken the plunge and registered. Why do I have the feeling my wallet is going to regret this?

    Anyway, I've been sniffing around like a maniac and, so far, have fallen heavily for Creed Himalaya & Aventus and Terre d"Hermes.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Enigma_ View Post
    Even though I recently registered and even participated in several topics, Ive been a reader of this website for several years. Its amazing the amount of information that can be found here. Many of the BN memebers seem to be extremely helpful and attentive which is very rare to see in these modern days of the internet.

    Oh and greetings from the far, far land of Costa Rica
    Extending the warmest of welcomes to you both

  42. #522

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhoyo View Post
    I've taken the plunge and registered. Why do I have the feeling my wallet is going to regret this?

    Anyway, I've been sniffing around like a maniac and, so far, have fallen heavily for Creed Himalaya & Aventus and Terre d"Hermes.
    Those three are fine choices! Keep on sampling, and go slow on the big purchases. There is ALOT out there.
    And yes, you wallet is going to hate you

  43. #523

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Thanks Jon.

  44. #524

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hey Cello - that's only a little reassuring ; )

  45. #525

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi I'm new to the forum, glad to be here

  46. #526
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by bebetc View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forum, glad to be here
    Glad to have you here, bebetc.


  47. #527

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi all, I have been interested in perfurme for years and so glad I have found this site with so much information and have even started to give friends and family advice already! I have lots of perfume/aftershave from the 80's 90's and was wondering if I could post them on here so maybe someone could give me any more information on them and any idea of the value etc?

  48. #528

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi great to be here. Where could I go to learn the basics of cologne i.e. what is meant by topnote, medium note, basenote etc.?
    Thanks for your help.

  49. #529

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    There's a sticky thread in this section by Master-Classter titled Resource Archive for Self-Education ABOUT Fragrance. It's probably just what you are looking for peterabb!

  50. #530

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Thanks so much! I will check it out.

  51. #531

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    ok I won't list them but could anyone give me and idea about L'egoiste I read somewhere that it is the same as Egoiste but different markets! I can only find Egoiste to compare, also I have a Miss Dior Esprit de parfum 75ml in a cream refillable atomizer which I cant find anything about, any help would be appreciated.

  52. #532

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hope all U.S. and Canada members had a great holiday weekend! I joined a while ago, but haven't been active in the forums. I'll be lurking around and posting when I can! Just posted my make-up/beauty products/fragrance stash in the Cosmetics & Beauty forum - check it out!
    Last edited by teeavigee; 6th September 2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spell check

  53. #533
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bzios
    Posts
    77,523

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Welcome back! Don't be a stranger.

  54. #534

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    ...I cannot help who I am - a stranger in a strange land... XD

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Welcome back! Don't be a stranger.

  55. #535

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    ...O.K., I just finished updating my wardrobe...and it is NOT as impressive as I thought it was - woah, I am delusional...I don't believe I am worthy of membership to this awesome community...


    Quote Originally Posted by teeavigee View Post
    Hope all U.S. and Canada members had a great holiday weekend! I joined a while ago, but haven't been active in the forums. I'll be lurking around and posting when I can! Just posted my make-up/beauty products/fragrance stash in the Cosmetics & Beauty forum - check it out!

  56. #536

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    T, the NEWBIE, back again w/more silly questions:

    I just went through my (not-so-impressive) collection of samples (uncarded or without-package/box) plus my decants in spray-vials and those-other-vials-that-don't-spray (I've forgotten what they're called). I wrapped all the caps w/plumber's tape, a tip given to me from a great lady on the fragrance boards at MakeUp Alley. However, I did not do the same for the carded/boxed samples, which does not make sense b/c they are exposed to the elements, as well.

    ANYWAY...I have a few questions (well, five questions, as Questions 1 & 2 each have two parts, PLUS! there's a bonus super-newbie question):

    QUESTION 1:
    I came across a couple decants in vials I cannot find in the Fragrance Directory or The Definitive Acronyms/Abbreviations Thread. They are labeled w/handmade labels - please clarify fragrance house/brand if anyone can:
    a) "CD Vanille Chocolat"
    b) "POTL"

    QUESTION 2:
    The reason I started my obsessive-compulsive plumber's-tape-party with the vials is because as I was updating my Sample Wardrobe, I noticed the vial labeled "POTL" was nearly empty with only a dark residue remaining. I would like to know if:
    a) sealing the vials w/plumber's tape (or electrical tape...or whatever tape) is indeed helping to slow the processes of chemical breakdown, oxidation, evaporation, etc?
    b) there exists a solution to "thin-out" fragrance residue, to make it "usable" again (like a nail lacquer thinner can give aged thick polish new life)?

    QUESTION 3:
    What are they called: "those-other-vials-that-don't-spray" (of which I've forgotten what they're called)?

    ANSWERS (if you have them...PLEASE!):
    1a)

    1b)

    2a)

    2b)

    3)

    ...yeah, I'm anal-retentive like that...

    Thanks so much for your kind consideration, patience and assistance!

    Quote Originally Posted by teeavigee View Post
    ...O.K., I just finished updating my wardrobe...and it is NOT as impressive as I thought it was - woah, I am delusional...I don't believe I am worthy of membership to this awesome community...
    Last edited by teeavigee; 9th September 2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: b/c I'm anal-retentive

  57. #537

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi all,
    Have been reading the forum and reviews here for quite some time and thought maybe I should take a further step and join the Basenotes community - what could be better than gravitating towards a site where people share a passion for perfume and a passion for sharing their knowledge and experiences, whether in relation to finding a fabulous scent or relaying the details of some olfactory outrage?
    I already know a lady on here called Donna, and her enthusiasm for and knowledge of the subject inspired me to delve deeper into the world of fragrance, and though I've waded through some murky scents, I've also found some wonders and am slowly increasing my own knowledge and confidence and look forward to finding out even more, as well as sampling future delights and disasters.
    I frequently order samples and decants from The Perfumed Court, The Posh Peasant, LuckyScents and First in Fragrance, and these places have given me the opportunity to try stuff I would possibly have ignored had such decant/sample sites not existed.

    I've always loved Chanel No. 5 and 22, and adore some of their exclusifs, 28 La Pausa, Beige, and, surprisingly to me, Sycomore.
    I have a few Lutens in my ever growing collection, and particularly like Feminite du Bois, Sa Majeste la Rose, and, up to a point, A la Nuit.
    I've recently discovered Keiko Mecheri and am sampling my way through several of her creations. I am drawn to the orange blossom note in fragrances, it seems to work well with my chemistry, and La Collection Hesperids Tarifa is sure to become a favourite.
    I'm currently waiting for a delivery of decants and samples including fragrances by Lorenzo Villoresi, Andy Tauer, Mona di Orio, Parfumerie Generale, Histoires de Parfums, Annick Goutal, & Organic Glam. I've mainly ordered decants of fragrances with an orange blossom note or aldehydic (is that a word?) elements, as well as a few with powdery drydowns.

    Thanks for all the info so readily given on here and I hope to spend a lot of time "on the boards" as it were.

    Cheers.
    Yolanda.

  58. #538
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Yolanda, it's great to have you here. Seriously impressive debut post ! - hope to see many more.


  59. #539

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Hi Jon,
    Thanks for the welcome and the very kind comment.

    Could you tell me how I go about becoming a Supporter? (Not the Leeds United kind, I'm afraid my allegiance is more towards Liverpool, though heaven knows why these days...) I'm probably being dense but I can't find any reference to upgrading my Basenotes membership to Supporter status, and I'm not sure whether I need to complete something like a Krypton Factor assault course, or just pm someone in order to do my bit to help keep the site ticking along, and if it's the former, I'd better go into training immediately...

    Thanks again.
    Yolanda.

  60. #540
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,644

    Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigChypre View Post
    Hi Jon,
    Thanks for the welcome and the very kind comment.

    Could you tell me how I go about becoming a Supporter? (Not the Leeds United kind, I'm afraid my allegiance is more towards Liverpool, though heaven knows why these days...) I'm probably being dense but I can't find any reference to upgrading my Basenotes membership to Supporter status, and I'm not sure whether I need to complete something like a Krypton Factor assault course, or just pm someone in order to do my bit to help keep the site ticking along, and if it's the former, I'd better go into training immediately...

    Thanks again.
    Yolanda.
    After logging in if you click on "settings" at the top right of the page. From there click on "paid subscriptions" under "my settings" on the left hand side and the option to take up BNplus membership should come up there. Good luck !.

    PS - I'm glad you didn't say the other "red" team that side of the pennines.....phew !.

Similar Threads

  1. Fragrances you are starting to warm up to?
    By Scentologist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20th April 2008, 01:08 PM
  2. New Tierry Mugler perfume series will see the light starting this December!
    By madridbatabidd in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th October 2007, 04:59 PM
  3. Hi need help in starting another cologne fan website
    By jaylee555 in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th April 2007, 04:59 PM
  4. The most repugnant fragrant flower in the world, starting to bloom....!
    By Herb_Lady in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th August 2006, 08:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •