Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hello, I'm new here. And thanks for great board!

I'm looking for new fragrance, which I could use daily, e.g. at work. Currently I'm using CK One in daily use, and nighttime, I'm using DKNY Be Delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Craft View Post
    Hello, I'm new here. And thanks for great board!

I'm looking for new fragrance, which I could use daily, e.g. at work. Currently I'm using CK One in daily use, and nighttime, I'm using DKNY Be Delicious.
    Hello and welcome to basenotes!

My suggestions for the daytime use are: Carrolina Herrera 212, Azzaro Chrome, and YSL Live Jazz.
    For the evening try: Armani Code and Bvlgari Black.

Let me know what you think of those.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    Hello and welcome to basenotes!

My suggestions for the daytime use are: Carrolina Herrera 212, Azzaro Chrome, and YSL Live Jazz.
    For the evening try: Armani Code and Bvlgari Black.

Let me know what you think of those.
    Thanks EnvYuS for recommendations! I'll try to test those, and I will inform after that what I think.

Hi lv_obsessed !

Welcome to basenotes !

I am in Melbourne .. The best place to look for the info you are after is a separate thread - Under Locality guides - you will find threads for Melb and Sydney - there a whole bunch of links there

My most favorite little place of all - a small apothecary style pharmacy in Bangalow - just 15 minutes from Byron bay - in the main street - they carry a great selection of all sorts of far flung goodies - if ever your travelling that way I would highly recommend a visit !

Hope to see you around LV

Dear Grant & other, more experienced Basenoters,

Thank you for providing a forum for beginners like me. Am just starting to feel my way around this fascinating site (which I discovered while doing search on Borsari's Violetta di Parma; that's another story...). I look forward to reading more of your reviews -- highly entertaining IMO -- and hope to qualify to make useful (or at least amusing LOL) commentary one of these days. Scent has always been a huge dimension in my life. I simply had to smell _everything_, when I was little (much to my mum's great public embarrassment), and today, at age fifty-five, I can still accurately tell my spouse where he's been all day at work (please -- nothing sinister here friends, all in good fun! LOL), pracdtically hour by hour, just by smelling his hair. Now, if only I can learn to apply this acuity to perfumery...

All best wishes,

Mme_Tootoo

Hello and welcome to you Mme_Tootoo!
    You sound like you have a well trained nose. It'll be nice to see your input in some of the discussions that go on.

...and lets hope the man doesn't got bald. Otherwise, who will know where he has been...

Quote Originally Posted by lv_obsessed View Post
    Just a couple of quick questions:

1: Are there any perfume boutiques in the Sydney or Melbourne CBD that sell niche perfume brands like Caron, L'artisan parfumeur etc???? Or is the web the only way to go?
    xxx Lauren.

Hi lauren,

apologies for the (very) late reply but I've only just seen your question and figured it's better to reply here so anyone looking for perfume in Sydney can read, rather than PM you.

David Jones in Market (i think? The women's store, not the mens) Street carries L'Artisan, Acqua di Parma, used to carry Diptyque but I think that's on it's way out?, Jo Malone, and Penhaligon. Maybe one or two other niche brands I can't remember too, and sometimes they've got a Comptoir sud Pacifique clearance the 100ml bottles for ~$20.

Mecca Cosmetica stocks the Serge Lutens export line and a very few CDGs, they're all over sydney and have an outlet in the David Jones too.

The Hermes store directly opposite DJs stocks the full range, including Hermessences.

Myer in Pitt St is pretty standard but has Annick Goutal.

All the other department stores in Syd are hopeless, and I haven't managed to find any perfume stores other than the discount ones selling nothing but the current flavour of the month.

That should keep you busy (and poor) for a while, I think.

Cheers

Smile Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the perfume universe I was never interested in perfumes before, even if my mom is a complete junkie (One of her favorite advice to give is to wear perfume because it brings positive energy) I always found perfume suffocating when my mom was applying them and a very few times vaguely pleasant. Until I found THE scent. It's nothing fancy it's simply Inspiration by Lacoste but I don't know why, while flipping the pages of a magazine and getting a whiff of it. My reaction was one of bliss and comfort. Never felt that before towards a perfume, I don't know what in it's composition was triggering this reaction. But then I understood it all, why people like perfume so much. I bought it and I put it on everyday and as the hours passed I kept on smelling my wrist and feeling that same well being. I guess the reason why I didn't like perfume before is because I never found one that I really liked and suited me well. Now that I have I want to discover more and know about everything. (I like to get information, I could've win a trivia show)

So I'm looking forward to chat with you all, this is a wonderful ressource

Quote Originally Posted by Versatile29 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the perfume universe I was never interested in perfumes before, even if my mom is a complete junkie (One of her favorite advice to give is to wear perfume because it brings positive energy) I always found perfume suffocating when my mom was applying them and a very few times vaguely pleasant. Until I found THE scent.

So I'm looking forward to chat with you all, this is a wonderful ressource
    Hey Versatile 29... !
    Welcome to Basenotes... I just joined recently and was amazed at the amount of information I could find here (p/s: I don't think I've ever joined any other forum with friendlier and helpful ppl)..
    Funny how it is, I too had a pretty uninterested attitude towards fragrances until I found THE scent.. Ever since, I've never gone a day without waking up in the morning, taking a bath and hurrying to my little fragrance cabinet..
    Never looked back since.. =)
    Have fun at basenotes..!

thank you

Hi there,

Brand new to the forums but have been browsing the site for a long time now. Just trying to figure out how to add fragrances to my wardrobe. I have a hunch that I must post here first?

PS. I love the site and I'm glad there is something like this out there for us olifanatics!

Chris

Hi, Welcome to Basenotes!

All you have to do is go to the fragrance's page and choose Add To Wardrobe from the drop down menu.

To make your wardrobe appear as an Icon next to your name when you post, go to User CP --> Edit Profile --> and choose "Yes" for See Wardrobe in Posts (at the bottom).

Quote Originally Posted by christomapher View Post
    Hi there,

Brand new to the forums but have been browsing the site for a long time now. Just trying to figure out how to add fragrances to my wardrobe. I have a hunch that I must post here first?

PS. I love the site and I'm glad there is something like this out there for us olifanatics!

Chris
    Hi and welcome!

Make sure you are using the directory to find what each fragrance that is in your wardrobe. Then you just add them using the pull down under the pictures on the left side of each fragrance profile.

Good luck!

Hi - I'm just starting and I can't see how to add items to my wardrobe. When I go to a perfume, I don't see the button that says "Add to my Wardrobe." Can you tell me what to do or where to look?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rachel17 View Post
    Hi - I'm just starting and I can't see how to add items to my wardrobe. When I go to a perfume, I don't see the button that says "Add to my Wardrobe." Can you tell me what to do or where to look?

Thanks!
    To left of the title of the perfume, you'll - usually - see a picture of the bottle. Underneath the the bottle, you can see a little box where you can say whether you own it or not. This only works if you're signed in though.

Quote Originally Posted by rachel17 View Post

Thanks!
    Mine didn't work at first either; I wrote to the webmaster using the Contact Us link (bottom right of page.)

I don't know if they had to change a setting, or it was just a matter of my new registration propagating, but it worked shortly afterwards.

Welcome!

Hello! I've been interested in perfumery for a few years and have visited this site off and on for a while now but haven't joined in just because I have found that for womens fragrance there are many resources out there. But now my sweetie wants a new cologne(unbeknownst to him!) and it seems this is the best place to be for reviews on Mens fragrance (I've just discovered it is the best place for all fragrance I just tended to stick with what was familiar and comfortable to me....mainly MUA) . My personal favorite houses are Comme des garcons, Diptyque, Serge Lutens, Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Etro, and Demeter. I'm also a fan of Bpal. I'm always on the lookout for a new favorite but I honestly have enought perfume to last a life time!

Alas, it is my poor husband that I am here for this time! He has 1 and only 1 cologne! For the first 30 years of his life he never found a cologne he could stand the smell of (he wasn't looking really hard). But a few years ago he fell in love with Bvlgari pour Homme. Believe me that was a happy day! Something is better than nothing and I do like it okay but I'm getting real sick of it! So he just ran out again and hasn't been able to find it at any of the usual suspects of TJMAXX so he has asked me to get it for him on Ebay. So I feel bad since I've been fibbing to him and telling him I'm having a hard time finding it but in reality I've been having a hard time getting my activation email from basenotes so I can get on HERE and find him something NEW and LOVELY! HA! So here I am! I'm thinking of getting him some samples of Creed for starters....He would love the sounds of Irish Green Tweed! And since I'm now learning that many of the CdG and SL scents I have are gender neutral I'm going to have to pull a few out that I put away because they were too masculine for me !DUH!

Anyways! This is a fun place to be and I'm happy to finally get around to joining!

Hello and welcome to basenotes, Yatri!

There are so many online sources for common bottles of cologne like Bvlgari pour Homme so finding it, if you want to stick with that one, wont be hard. I like the sound of the Creed samples to get him started. With a lot of niche fragrance houses you'll find unisex stuff so be on the lookout for those. I would imagine Comme des Garcons to be interesting to him. I would certainly show him the incense series. As always I will suggest looking at L'Artisan Parfumeur (Navegar, L'Eau de L'Artisan, Mechant Loup, etc...). I hope you find something for him! There will be plenty of help if you need it.

Blog Entries

Hello everyone,

Have been reading the directory here for quite a while now, and have enjoyed lurking here. Thank you to all who so freely share their expertise. Am not new to perfume as a wearer, but would like to train my sniffer and experiment with some new scents. I have always had a good sense of what scent works best on me, so rarely pay attention to ads and promotions.

About 9 years ago hubby and I moved to the country to a small farm, and I no longer go into NYC if I can help it, which has limited my ability to sample scents walking through department stores. Unfortunately, all I have nearby is Macy's - and what they have to offer doesn't stimulate my sniffer. Buying scent unsniffed has been a disaster and I was surprised to discover "decants" and will now dive in to try some - it will certainly save me money.

I grow OGRs (Old Garden Roses) as a hobby, and would love to find a perfume that can equal the scent of some of my favorites, like La Reine Victoria, to wear during the cold winter months while I long for the return of bloom season. The other scent that fascinates me from my garden has always been datura, and would love to find a perfume that evokes it, and works on me.

I don't know if I have a signature scent, but if I had to pick which of the small selection I currently own that I wear most frequently, that I love (and so do folks who sniff me), I'd have to pick L'Heure Bleue, which I've been wearing since I first discovered it in 1971 on my first trip to Paris as a young woman. I'd love to find some other perfumes that work as well. My second pick would be Poeme, which my husband loves me to wear.

Would like to branch out and experiment, and with so many choices available I get overwhelmed.

Hope I can get some suggestions here now that I've taken the plunge to de-lurk.

Denise
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Hello Denise and welcome to basenotes!

It is a lot easier to figure out what you should look into buying when you are a member so signing up is going to be so much better than lurking. To be honest I am not farmilliar with the scents in your wardrobe but I do know of an earthy, rosey scent. It is called Voleur de Roses and it is from L'Artisan Parfumeur. I would look into getting a sample. I know they sell it in the city at a few locations but I guess you don't want to go there. I'm sure you can find samples online. Good luck! The women here really know their stuff so maybe you can post something in the Women's Forum and get better suggestions and even places you can sample them.

Good luck!

Blog Entries

Thanks for the welcome EnvYuS,

will post my queries on the Women's forum.

Denise
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Hello. I'm just writing this to see if I can post. I had some problems signing up early on and I gave up for awhile. Anyway, hopefully this is working now and I can openly discuss the disease... er, hobby, of fragrances. I wish I had more to say, but I'm running late in real life. Currently testing Intuition by Estee Lauder (sp?) and it's so-so.

I found this board a few days ago after reading an article on gourmand frangrances in "O". I did a lot of reading and actually went to Nordstrom's to do some testing. The staff was great and I left with two new scents that I am willing to decant. I have also gotten several samples. My goal was to have one new signature scent (in the past, Angel Innocent and Light Blue) but have determined that there are just too many great scents out there to limit myself!

Welcome to both of you!!

I hope you find everything you are looking for. If not then you let me know what I can help you with.

Hello to all! I have always loved perfume and have had a bit of a collection since I was a child. My mother entertained my desires for Chanel, Tresor, Obsession and patchouli oil even though they all give her splitting headaches (thanks, MOM!). I have spent most of the past 2 years on the BPAL forum and experiementing with natural perfumary myself. I came to basenotes looking for reviews for Serge Lutens creations. Somehow, his name keeps crossing my path. I must follow...

I love deep, spicy, ambery, musky, vanilla, patchouli scents. Fruit and white flowers are also often quite good on me. Favorites of mine are BPAL's Snake Oil, Bvlgari Black, and Michael by Kors. Some scents I am looking forward to trying are (via searches on the Perfumed Court and Aedes~I don't go to department stores much any more):

Serge Lutens: Fumari Turque, Muscs de Kubla Khan, Chergui, Datura Noir
    People of the Labrynth: Luctor et Emergo
    L'artisans: Tea for 2

I am so glad to be here! I have to find my way around now...
    Last edited by lookingglass; 8th December 2007 at 10:55 PM.

Hi, I'm new and I'm trying to figure out how to use my "wardrobe." I still haven't figured it out. Can anybody help me?

Hi everyone.
    I've just signed up today because I'm increasingly fascinated by fragrance...always been keen but recently stumbled across Terre D'Hermes. Supposedly a man's fragrance (I am female!) but I absolutely love it - and get an amazing reaction whenever I wear it out. Wasn't sure what was in it so the reviews pages have been really helpful.
    Can anyone help with my first question; I don't know what 'sillage' or other technical terms used frequently here mean. Is there a guide on this site for beginners?

I always like to introduce myself when joining a new forum and this seems to be the place.
    Hi, my name is Ian and i'm still a bit bemused as to how i ended up interested in fragrances. I find myself to be such an unlikely candidate for this hobby that i am worried it is just a flash in the pan. Therefore i think i will hold off on any major purchases ( at least untill Monday when i can get to London ) and learn as much as possible in the mean time.

To be honest my interest started with womens perfume a few days ago and i'm not even sure why. It quickly swerved into men's fragrances though once i realised there was more to cologne than the slap on alcohol that lines department store shelves. That may sound harsh but such is my experience with buying aftershave to date. However as knowledge refines appreciation i find myself being drawn into this very seductive world.

I have always known but never realised the importance of ones scent on the poeple one comes into contact with apart from personal hygien of course. I think it is more the personality and image one can project and indeed tailor that interests me more than the fragrance itself. No, actualy it's more than that. It's the memory, the impression you can leave on someone and indeed evoke for yourself from someone elses scent.

As you may have gleened from my rambling i am looking for something special in a fragrance. Haunting as opposed to memorable, a trail that would leave anyone helpless to follow. The Pied piper of scents more evokative than a caribean sunset. The masculin romance of Black beard and Dick turpin and mystery of leonardo de vinci.

Ok, i'll stop there for now i think.
    I hope to be able to contribute and converse with you all soon.
    I will add that there are 3 fragrances that have realy caught my eye and may fit the bill.
    Vintage Taberome 1875
    Knize Ten
    Creed Vetiver
    Last edited by Bilko; 22nd December 2007 at 11:27 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bursting_star View Post
    Hi, I'm new and I'm trying to figure out how to use my "wardrobe." I still haven't figured it out. Can anybody help me?
    Hi and welcome!

There are several threads that answer questions about how to use your wardrobe:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=203049

Browse around in the community center - and you should find answers - thats how I finally figured it all out!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Rey View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I've just signed up today because I'm increasingly fascinated by fragrance...always been keen but recently stumbled across Terre D'Hermes. Supposedly a man's fragrance (I am female!) but I absolutely love it - and get an amazing reaction whenever I wear it out. Wasn't sure what was in it so the reviews pages have been really helpful.
    Can anyone help with my first question; I don't know what 'sillage' or other technical terms used frequently here mean. Is there a guide on this site for beginners?
    Hi,

There is an FAQ on the men's fragrance forum

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=171976

If you do a search here - there are several threads explaining sillage and even how to say it
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 22nd December 2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Chanakya

Greetings all,

I thought I should introduce myself around here before I start on my quest for knowledge. I'm Topher, 21, all the way from Australia. I have always 'liked' finding new fragrances, but it's only been in the past year or so that I've started to do it with some seriousness. I still haven't found "the one" fragrance that I want to wear for the rest of life, if only because when my mood changes, so must my scent. In the past I have been a wearer of the common ralph laurens, Calvin Kleins, but I guess we must all start somewhere.

I'm now at the stage of my life where apparently I'm supposed to off the spontaneous nature of youth and settle into regularity, but alas it hasn't occured yet, though I have found my niche as a writer I believe. Working in a book store helps open my creative side, and writing schlocky B-Grade Horror movies to shoot with friends in the holidays, or finishing a novel hopefully to be published some time in 08 serves as a nice distraction from the real world.

At the moment I have Jacomo D'Jacomo Rouge, Viktor & Rolf Antidote, Signature and RSVP by Kenneth Cole on some kind of rotation, with Jacomo being a favourite...this month anyway.

Any help with further fragrances and learning the way of the for....scent, would be much appreciated

Okay, so I've been lurking around here for a while, but decided to post.

I just made my first fragrance purchase a couple of days back. I decided on:

L'Homme - YSL

I'm hoping this will be good evening scent and depending on mood, maybe even daytime.

Now I need to search for a good daytime fragrance that I can wear to class. (I'm a first year university student)

Any recommendations?

I just signed up because I was looking for my first cologne and there is a lot of good information here. I ended up purchasing Jaipur EDP by Boucheron, after smelling it at Macy's and having it stand out to me compared to a couple of them there. I hope I like it, it seems like most on this site like it and recommended it for people my age (college), and it is not too expensive. The only ones I had heard recommended from people I know before seeing this site were: Acqua Di Gio, Very Sexy by Victoria Secret, Ambercrombie Fierce, Polo Sport, and Kenneth Cole Black. Most of these are ones that a lot of people have and are good. After reading around this site, I have seen a lot of good alternatives that a lot of people consider good and that not everyone has. I will definitely come back and read up when buying another cologne in the Spring/Summer.
    Last edited by 77Pat; 28th December 2007 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks to Basenotes, I am shopping for fragrances online, and all over the local landscape. In earlier days, girlfriends bought me fragrances, (I remember getting Drakkar Noir and Giorgio Beverly Hills in the late 80s). Later I bought Botanika for myself . That's about it.
    I recently accompanied my girlfriend on a fragrance purchase, (Obsession) and bought myself Hei on impulse (it seemed fresh and non-intimidating).
    After learning a little about fragrances from the posters here, I started getting TONS of samples from FragranceNet and The Perfumed Court, and soon I was sniffing Yatagan, Original Santal, and Cumming!
    (The Hei was sadly neglected after that.) I developed a taste for sweet and spicy scents, and now favor M7, LL au Masculin, Prada, and Opium.
    Thanks for the inspiration and reviews, now I have an addiction to fragrances!

Hello everyone! Like a typical n00b I decided to go ahead and post *sigh*
    I apologize!

I've been wearing fragrances on and off for a while, but I've really gotten into them in the past couple of months or so. I've been starting out with Chanel fragrances (which I totally love) my first being Chanel No. 5. I was introduced to the scent during high school when a teacher in my study hall gave me a sample during sophomore year. It was so very different from anything else, and it has been love since first whiff. I've been expanding on my Chanels, and I've recently acquired both Coco Mademoiselle and No.19.
    I'm also starting to get curious about other scents out there, and I'm more than happy to get some feedback from others, as well as get some suggestions as well.

I just wanted to add that I think this is a wonderful site, and I truly enjoy looking over the reviews, as well as going through the forum and reading (as well as participating) in the discussions. I hope to do more in the future, and hopefully by that time my wardrobe will be a bit more sophisticated and extensive by that time.

Thank you! =0]

Hi,

Thanks for enter my subscritption to Base Notes Community. A few years ago I learned how to make perfumes. I had been making some scents by my own way. But actually I would like to become a fine perfume maker.

I really appreciate very much if you could send me the notes of the perfume called Jean Marie Farina French and German versions.

I found some scents to make the French version but I don`t like them. In my country is sometimes hard to find a good scents to make some perfumes.

Thanks a lot in advance for your kind help.

Yours Truly,

Diwang

Cool Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hello Basenotes!

After coming here off and on for some time now I've decided to join the community, and thanks to the great information from basenotes I finally made my first educated purchase (Burberry Touch). Before that about a year ago when I first became interested in fragrances I would have went with what the sales assistant would say smelled great to them and would have bought something without trying it out on my skin first only just smelling the sample cards. This lead to buying a gift set of AdG and Curves Chill but I'm happy to say that I have sense sold both. Prior to that I would wear some Cool Water every now and then when I went some where fancy.

Anyway thanks to everyone for their great information. Its really changed the way I look at fragrances. I think I'm turning in to a fragrance junky!

Well hello there, i've been interested in fragrances for ages, but have never got around to buying them, as I always seem to spend my money on other things xD. I'm only 16 and i've been wearing 'proper' perfume for about two years. Before that, it was all about the lynx. eurgh.

My first purchase was Diesel Green, after that, i've bought many scents. CK one, CK crave, Boss in Motion, Kenzo Homme, Prada pour Homme, Pacco Rabanne Ultraviolet pour Homme, Emporio Armani Remix (GRR. I lost this one :[. ) Davidoff Cool Water (when I bought it, it wasn't the ultimate chav scent), CKin2u and most recently Vera Wang homme. I use all of them, depending on what mood i'm in, and i've been contemplating buying John Varvatos Vintage, as it smells yummy.

I joined to get more of an indepth look into the world of fragrances and to find out about more bespoke fragrances and ones that aren't quite normal and are likely to make people notice how different I smell. !

I've been posting a little bit over the last two weeks, and browsing a lot. Thought I should introduce myself here.

I'm 20 and only started getting interested in, and buying perfume when I was 17. Armani Mania was my first fragrance, which my dad bought for me duty-free at the airport on recommendation of the SA. My only specification had been that I'd like something vanilla-smelling. I still love my Mania, and I wear it throughout winter as my main day-to-day frangrance. And surprising enough (or not so, really) when I started looking at notes, I noticed that the perfumes I like quite often have a vanilla note (amber is another common one).

My current wardrobe is very mainstream, as I haven't gotten into the really expensive or niche brands yet. I don't think my nose is advanced enough yet, and I tend to be attracted to the really lovely, sweet-smelling frangrances. After browsing here and the directory however, I've built up a 'to try' list that I'm very excited about. Tomorrow I will be going out after work for my first forray into scents from this list!

I've been posting a bit, and even made a purchase, so I should prolly introduce myself.

It all started one evening, at the end of November. I was flipping through a magazine and ran across a sample strip of Coco Mademoiselle. I thought it smelled yummy and, more importantly, it didn't make my head ache! (previously, I've always sprinted through the entrance of department stores, through the MEN'S side, because there was something in women's perfume that gave me a splitting headache--I think that it might still be the aldehydes??) In the Coco Mlle I recognized some friendly, familiar notes that I had played with while making essential oil blends, as well as some intriguing unfamiliar ones.

So I purchased a sample, and that was the beginning of it all...

While Coco Mlle shipped, read through the Secret of Scent, then Emperor of Scent, then the archives of Turin's blog, and other perfume blogs, and then BaseNotes (and osMoz while BN was down)...

So now here I am, with a modest collection of random stuff, with more samples and goodies on the way. For now, my perfume budget is broke, so my cart at Perfumed Court must wait!

If anyone needs tips (or can offer tips) about fragrance in Iowa City, I can help and would gladly listen!

Quote Originally Posted by caviglia View Post
    It all started one evening, at the end of November.
    That sounds like me, a year ago. Welcome, caviglia!
    Last edited by tang; 6th February 2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Remove PI
    Sniff and let sniff.

Hello everyone,

I just recently discovered this site and it is nice to see a happy community discussing the world of fragrance.

After many years of buying the mainstream designer fragrances, I have started to reach out for the more unusual, niche perfumers products for men. I am still a novice when it comes to all these new exclusive lines, so look forard to learning more about what to expect from the individual notes found in fragrance and experience new scents by some of the greatest creaters of perfume today!

I look foward to reading the various threads and discussing with others the various aspects of new fragrances and the latests news regarding what we have to look forward to in the coming years!

This community is chock full of info and insights that will help put me on the path to good scents.
    I look forward to my reading and chatting with all.
    Tom

Hello, basenotes people! VERY nice to meet you. I just woke up to what was possible with fragrances a few months ago. You guys have been a wonderful source of guidance to me. It is so great to be able to go into a store and not be intimidated by the SAs and the vast selection. I'm loving finding out new scents and especially playing around with decants.

Quote Originally Posted by zaklin View Post
    Hello, basenotes people! VERY nice to meet you. I just woke up to what was possible with fragrances a few months ago. You guys have been a wonderful source of guidance to me. It is so great to be able to go into a store and not be intimidated by the SAs and the vast selection. I'm loving finding out new scents and especially playing around with decants.
    Haha! Welcome. I promise you'll be teaching the SA's soon enough. I'm glad you are gaining some confidence on your knowledge of smellies. I particularly enjoyed your warm entrance/welcoming to basenotes.

Even though you claim you just woke up you'll soon be in a whole new world, opening your mind to things you would never have thought about, in terms of fragrances. ENJOY IT!

Default Hello to all

Im new ,and this Site is great. Im very curious of all the posts here.
    Its great that so many people are interested in fragrance.My family often thing Im crazy because i have a lot of fragrances.Its good to know that im not alone ))))

Default Re: Hello to all

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    Im new ,and this Site is great. Im very curious of all the posts here.
    Its great that so many people are interested in fragrance.My family often thing Im crazy because i have a lot of fragrances.Its good to know that im not alone ))))
    Hello and welcome!
    You are deffinately not alone here. We have more people like us than we know what to do with. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

thank you EnvYus for your nice words !

Hello! it's nice to know there are so many people everywhere that share something in common: an interest in perfume (or a love of it). I'm really looking forward to learn about the rest of the community.
    Alba

Hello, I am Alex, I am 21 years old and from New York, and here I am! I work in the fashion industry on the retail end, in the headquarters/corporate environment and I have to smell nice, so I buy colognes and use them. Anyway, I just joined this site.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPanzer View Post
    Hello, I am Alex, I am 21 years old and from New York, and here I am! I work in the fashion industry on the retail end, in the headquarters/corporate environment and I have to smell nice, so I buy colognes and use them. Anyway, I just joined this site.
    Hello Alex. Welcome to basenotes!

I am also from New York as are a lot of the members here. If you stick around you wont just "buy colognes and use them." You are going to be smelling better and know why you smell so good. If you ever need help or have questions just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS View Post
    Hello Alex. Welcome to basenotes!

I am also from New York as are a lot of the members here. If you stick around you wont just "buy colognes and use them." You are going to be smelling better and know why you smell so good. If you ever need help or have questions just let me know.
    Thanks, I will try to post here frequently. I have the following question:

How do I set up my wardrobe? I found out how to make it public but I just can't figure out how to add items to the list

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPanzer View Post
    Thanks, I will try to post here frequently. I have the following question:

How do I set up my wardrobe? I found out how to make it public but I just can't figure out how to add items to the list
    I'm not sure, but I think it's not working atm, but when it is you just go on a fragrance in the directory and add it to your wardrobe, but can't see the option myself

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think it's not working atm, but when it is you just go on a fragrance in the directory and add it to your wardrobe, but can't see the option myself
    I can't see it either, but I've been going into the Preferences option in the Wardrobe and typing in stuff to that. Then I'll know what I need to add when the Add to Wardrobe option works again!

Howdy, just wanted to drop a note in here. I'm a 39 year old radio host living in Athens, GA. I am new to collecting and studying fragrances although I have always enjoyed them and had favorites.

So, greetings to everyone here. Thanks for having me!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    Howdy, just wanted to drop a note in here. I'm a 39 year old radio host living in Athens, GA. I am new to collecting and studying fragrances although I have always enjoyed them and had favorites.

So, greetings to everyone here. Thanks for having me!
    Welcome to basenotes. We, as in everyone here is excited to have new members. It's nice to see when they are open and willing to put themselves out there. You have plenty of people here who will answer any questions you have so don't hesitate to ask through PM or by way of creating a thread.

Enjoy yourself!

nice choice of name/avatar, t - welcome to basenotes!
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

Quote Originally Posted by chad278 View Post
    nice choice of name/avatar, t - welcome to basenotes!
    I like YOUR avatar.

Are we related?

Hello to All, First off, many thanks to Grant for endeavoring to persevere through the trials and tribulations involved in initiating and maintaining this wonderful site. I am fairly new to the amazing world of fragrances, though I've always enjoyed "Cologne" it's only been the last 7-8 months that my olfactory senses have been enlightened to the "vast" world of Fragrances. This is due in part to several thing's, (1) lots of time on my hands as a result of a badly shattered ankle, (2) an affinity for e-bay and finding Basenotes website while trying to find a non bias opinion of a Fragrance I was thinking of buying on e-bay. I feel I've learned so much from this site, though I'm still in awe at the ability of some members to convey the essence of a fragrance in words. Their ability to dissect every nuance is amazing and I refer to them before any purchase. In reference to my purchases ( which may have surpassed obsessive) I wish to thank Foetidus for his amazing knowledge and willingness to share that with us via his incredible reviews. Thanks also go out to so many others as well, pluran, Envyus, tvlampboy, Ken Russell, zz top and of course Luca Turin just to mention a few. I only hope that some day, I too, might be able convey the essence of a fragrance in such eloquent fashion.

Best Wishes To All,
    Jeff C.

Although you are not new to the site, nor our way of doing things, I would like to welcome you as a new member. It seems as though you know what you are here to do and you've found plenty of people to help you do it. I'm honored to be in your list of people... at least I think that's me up there.

Welcome Jeff C. to a long road of happiness!

Hello EnvyUs,

Another newbie here, nice to find the forums. I haven't been successful in opening the Wardrobe link myself. Is it out of commission right now or is it me?

Looking forward to reading around.

Gen