Code of Conduct
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hello. I have been using basenotes as a resource for a couple years now, but I finally decided to register last night. I think I've got my wardrobe pretty well complete here on the site. Wonderful organizational tool. My little sample vials mostly get thrown into a shoebox, to be forgotten.... this will remind me of what I have and what I can return to trying out in the future.

Right now, I'm very interested in many of the masculine classics and/or modern classic smelling fragrances for men. I have recently acquired bottles of Guerlain Vetiver, Habit Rouge edt, and Heritage.... along with YSL Pour Homme Concentrate and Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree. Just ordered Alfred Dunhill for Men (1934) and Monsieur de Givenchy last night. I'm intrigued by the classics.... the ones that have stood the test of time and are still around in some formulation or another.

I look forward to our conversations down the road.

Default Re: New fragrance from Andy Tauer: Lys de Desert

Hi! New to the forum. I saw some comments on Houbigant perfumes. My favorite is Chantilly and still have my grandmother's pink Chantilly dusting powder container still with some original powder in it. My maternal Aunt worked for Houbigant in New York City way back around the 1920's. I have History of a Perfumer by Paul Lentenac, for the 150th Anniversary Of the House of Houbigant. Has anyone else ever seen one? Are they worth anything other than it belonged to my Aunt?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Welcome, vintagegirl60! I wore Chantilly back in the day myself... wore it to my first school-sponsored dance.

Hi! I'm new to the forum although I've been following various threads from here for a while from the shadows
    I'm a 26 yo guy from Argentina and my "passion" for fragrances started when I was very young and got a bottle of Versace Black Jeans as a birthday gift from my grandfather (sadly It's been discontinued) I thought it was the most wonderful smell I ever had experienced. Aqua Di Gio was also a must back in the day for me (late 90's)
    Luckily I've grown a bit and deeper and more complex fragrances started to draw my attention (such as TdH, , VC&A PH, YSL Jazz, Eau Sauvage, among few others)
    I've learned many things in the short period of time I've know Basenotes and I'm hoping to expand my collection with the benefiting from your advice and vast experience.

Hi I'm a cyborg who loves perfumes.
    I have got a lot of fragances, I use fragances 4 womans a 4 men...
    My favourite??, maybe montale - black oud...tobacco vainille...

I'm very happy to be here

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I'm a cyborg who loves perfumes.
    I have got a lot of fragances, I use fragances 4 womans a 4 men...
    My favourite??, maybe montale - black oud...tobacco vainille...

I'm very happy to be here

Just found this forum and, apparently, have years of interesting stuff to read through. It looks like a very informative and well-run collective and, so far, a very helpful community.

I'll be around and jump in once I absorb a little more of the culture.

damon j walker
    Last edited by damon-jay; 6th December 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Hi

I am new here and I love fragrances ...
    eden <3 <3 <3

I am new here and checked some discussions in community!
    I think the packaging also is very important for fragrance & parfum, but I can't find the related discussions.
    Could we have this?
    The packaging always tell us the quality and smell of the parfums.

Regards
    David

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Judging by your username, I suppose you are in the packaging business, David? Packaging discussions would be in the Fragrance Industry and General Fragrance Discussion board.

I'm sure we all appreciate an attractive box, and even more so, a beautiful bottle-- in fact, many of us store the bottles in their boxes (which helps protect the perfume from light)-- but I think it is safe to say that for most of us perfume lovers, it's all about the juice.

Of course the industry does its best to tempt buyers to put down money based on the appearance of the product, but I personally find no correlation between the packaging and whether I will like any given perfume.

In any case, welcome to Basenotes.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 3rd December 2012 at 11:02 AM.

Yes, I am one packaging manufacturer, but I love parfumes.
    I have connections with fragrance from 2005, and found they are very interesting-why they have different smells and why some can last long and some only can last few ours.
    Now, I knew the above questions, and freinds teached me top note, middle note and base note.
    I am not want to do advertising on this community, just want to learn from your discussios.
    Of course, I want to share with you my thoughts.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm sure we will also learn interesting things from you about the industry!

Do look around the site more-- you will find a Directory with reviews, blogs, articles and of course the various discussion forums:
    http://www.basenotes.net/forum.php

The Fragrance Industry and General Fragrance Discussion forum:
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/80-F...nce-Discussion

I'm so new at this that I only have one perfume in my collection: guerlian spiriteuse double vanille! I've been reading for a couple of weeks and thought I should say hi. My wallet is groaning at the thought of yet another expensive hobby though lol!

Hello everyone!

Hey everyone! I'm bryan from NY, been an avid collector for about 2 years and have a pretty decent collection....Thanks for having me! Can anyone recommend a safe spot where people do splits? I'm looking to do a split of guerlain double vanille, tonka imperiale and tobacco vanille, among others...thanks!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

oohhhh also starting my own line, so watch out!

Hello there and welcome! You are off to a pretty good start with Double Vanille I used to love that fragrance until one day I smelled an olive note in it, and I could never, ever un-smell that damn olive.

If you want to keep with the vanilla theme, get a decant of Tobacco Vanille from Tom Ford, it's a high quality vanilla and you'll have a great time comparing it with the Guerlain.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    I'm so new at this that I only have one perfume in my collection: guerlian spiriteuse double vanille! I've been reading for a couple of weeks and thought I should say hi. My wallet is groaning at the thought of yet another expensive hobby though lol!

Hello everyone!
    - - - Updated - - -

Hi and welcome Bryan!
    I used to buy decants from Crystal Flacon: http://flacon.ambaric.net/index.php, but it's been a couple of years since I used the site, but they do a lot of splits there. If you stay with Basenotes for one year, you can initiate splits here too.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaperfumery View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm bryan from NY, been an avid collector for about 2 years and have a pretty decent collection....Thanks for having me! Can anyone recommend a safe spot where people do splits? I'm looking to do a split of guerlain double vanille, tonka imperiale and tobacco vanille, among others...thanks!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

oohhhh also starting my own line, so watch out!

Hello everyone, I just became a supporting member.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Welcome juliazoe4!

Thank fuzzypine!

I'm a big vanilla fan and tobacco vanille is on my wishlist already.

I've expanded my petite collection with SL Un Bois vanille and Donna Karen black cashmere.

I'm getting through lots of vanilla samples (yes to bvlgari black, no to l'artisan havana vanille and CB IHP 7 billion hearts though i really wanted to love that one) and I must admit I like sweet frags (and citrus, not big on florals).

Say, can you recommend a sweet but not cloying floral? I want to expand beyond vanilla! Many thanks

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Try:
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle-Coco M. smells like a lot of other products I've tried, but it's very well done. It's just sweet and pink enough to be unmistakably feminine, but it stops just shy of 'cloying' and features a woody rose heart that speaks of confidence and seriousness. I recommend this for women who want to transition from wretched youth market frags gracefully to respectable perfumery without having to wear classic-styled scents with ingredients they feel smell too 'old lady.'
    Versatile enough for day or evening wear, up to semi-formal.

Anais Anais by Cacharel
    -
    What a bright little floral! It is like putting your nose into a bouquet of wildflowers without any of the greenery and "do-dads" that go with those bouquets from the florist. It is an uncomplicated, light & airy affair for those who are young or who are young at heart. Don't pass on this one because of the inexpensive price or the overexposure! Only a genius knows that sometimes less really IS more. And this fragrance has remarkable staying power for such a quiet little thing. In a word...Beautiful. PS I tried this on a hot summer day and I love the lily-suede notes in the drydown.

There are a host of others as well.....
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Red face Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    Try:
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle-Coco M. smells like a lot of other products I've tried, but it's very well done. It's just sweet and pink enough to be unmistakably feminine, but it stops just shy of 'cloying' and features a woody rose heart that speaks of confidence and seriousness. I recommend this for women who want to transition from wretched youth market frags gracefully to respectable perfumery without having to wear classic-styled scents with ingredients they feel smell too 'old lady.'
    Versatile enough for day or evening wear, up to semi-formal.

Anais Anais by Cacharel
    -
    What a bright little floral! It is like putting your nose into a bouquet of wildflowers without any of the greenery and "do-dads" that go with those bouquets from the florist. It is an uncomplicated, light & airy affair for those who are young or who are young at heart. Don't pass on this one because of the inexpensive price or the overexposure! Only a genius knows that sometimes less really IS more. And this fragrance has remarkable staying power for such a quiet little thing. In a word...Beautiful. PS I tried this on a hot summer day and I love the lily-suede notes in the drydown.

There are a host of others as well.....
    Thank you! I've tried loads of Chanel, but I just can't seem to get on with any of them. They turn powdery and old lady on me instantly. But I haven't tried coco m yet so I will definitely give it a sniff. Maybe its the Chanel for me!

I wore anais anais years ago and although it's lovely I want to try something new.

All suggestions gratefully received

Hi there. I have been a member a month or so now, and would like to say how valuable I'm finding BN. I found it particularly handy in the post-Christmas sales - the article on the best scents of 2012 gave me some good ideas.

Right now I'm looking at summer fragrances - here in Melbourne we are looking at a fiery next few months. Tried a few to date - Eau de Rochas is winning right now.

Hi. Im fairly new to the site and after a lot of reading through I think it might be helpful to have a discussion section for the younger crowd on basenotes.
    Just a suggestion as I imagine I will be spending lots of time here in the near future..!

Hello everyone, my name's Dave. I've been a lurker for ages and have finally decided to sign up for a premium membership and give back a bit. I've been into fragrances since middle school, but it only became a real hobby a couple of years ago. In the past 6 months or so I've started delving into the higher end niche houses, and this website has been an invaluable tool for me. I hope to be active here for many years to come.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wheelspinner View Post
    Hi there. I have been a member a month or so now, and would like to say how valuable I'm finding BN. I found it particularly handy in the post-Christmas sales - the article on the best scents of 2012 gave me some good ideas.

Right now I'm looking at summer fragrances - here in Melbourne we are looking at a fiery next few months. Tried a few to date - Eau de Rochas is winning right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott47 View Post
    Hi. Im fairly new to the site and after a lot of reading through I think it might be helpful to have a discussion section for the younger crowd on basenotes.
    Just a suggestion as I imagine I will be spending lots of time here in the near future..!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePro View Post
    Hello everyone, my name's Dave. I've been a lurker for ages and have finally decided to sign up for a premium membership and give back a bit. I've been into fragrances since middle school, but it only became a real hobby a couple of years ago. In the past 6 months or so I've started delving into the higher end niche houses, and this website has been an invaluable tool for me. I hope to be active here for many years to come.

Hope you all decide to stick around

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavePro View Post
    Hello DavePro and Welcome to Basenotes! Please post down below out of the shaded "Sticky" Notes area. We are so glad to have you on board and look forward to you posting.

southerngardens
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Hello.....I'm new here. Find this site very informative. Never really realized all there is to a fragrance...basenotes, etc. It's fascinating to me. Looking forward to learning alot more!!!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Lots of new people since the start of 2013! Welcome, folks!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
    Hello.....I'm new here. Find this site very informative. Never really realized all there is to a fragrance...basenotes, etc. It's fascinating to me. Looking forward to learning alot more!!!
    Welcome moonbeam

Enjoy !.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Welcome moonbeam

Enjoy !.
    Thanks!

Hello, everyone.

I have been posting for about a week now. Fragrance aside, I have mailed with some really nice people.

My search has begun to find a few signature scents. I am choosing scents I like, but I am also adding a patchouli based cologne because my wife likes patchouli. I may have posted this elsewhere, so sorry for the redundancy, but we are reformed hippies. Not 60's hippies, as we are way to young for that, but reformed hippies none the less. This being a major factor in my wife enjoying the smell of patchouli. However, I am no longer traveling the country following rock bands. I am not searching for "woodstock," I am looking for something more like "stock market."

I have bought 14 decants to find a signature scent. I have had something great yet oh so bad happen. The first decant I applied was Tom Ford's purple patchouli. I like the frag, and my wife kept demanding "hugs." I was happy to have found a wonderful scent so quickly, but since sampling it, each of my other decants are nearly unbearable to smell. (not really. you understand.) Also, the perfume is discontinued. Strange, but I may be enjoying feminine patchouli more so than the yellow oil which reminds me of a Grateful Dead parking lot. Don't get me wrong, I am quite found of being masculine, but I am confident enough to wear any nice scent. Speaking of femininity, has anyone seen the French Men's design look for 2013? The so called "trend" is "short shorts." One designer has made a "man's dress." Do you see what just happened? I build houses for a living and play football and hockey, why do I know about French runway, and that Prada will no longer be producing their "hobo bag" in cervo (deer hide.) It's crazy.

Anyway, I am trying the classic patchouli, Borneo, Gentleman and many others. Can anyone recommend a patchouli which is sweet? BTW, I have contacted every boutique from Paris to Manhattan, trying to find the discontinued Purple Patchouli with no luck. I found some right here. I am very happy. :-)

I have asked about "sweet patchouli," but I also like "powdery scents." I have found a forum here. Many of you recommend Midnight in Paris. Those posts were old, though. Ant advice? :-) Thank you.

Ted
    Ted

Hi, everyone, I new to the site, and new to fragrance. My tastes are not as sophisticated as others yet and my collection is small (one). I've owned Daisy Marc Jacobs as well as Narcisso Rodriguez for Her. I realized that I only liked "part" of those fragrances if that makes sense. There was something fresh and green in Daisy that made me tolerate the rest of the scent and there were the white flowers in Narcisso Rodriguez that I loved but didn't last long enough before the musk part came in. I didn't realize there was a language to express precisely that, and notes in a fragrance I could look for and such. So I'm really excited. I've purchased Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil for the Summer and I have Tom Ford White Patchouli on my list to buy next. Hoping to build a wardrobe from here. If this is the right place, recs are welcome- Thanks for reading !

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpetal View Post
    Hi, everyone, I new to the site, and new to fragrance. My tastes are not as sophisticated as others yet and my collection is small (one). I've owned Daisy Marc Jacobs as well as Narcisso Rodriguez for Her. I realized that I only liked "part" of those fragrances if that makes sense. There was something fresh and green in Daisy that made me tolerate the rest of the scent and there were the white flowers in Narcisso Rodriguez that I loved but didn't last long enough before the musk part came in. I didn't realize there was a language to express precisely that, and notes in a fragrance I could look for and such. So I'm really excited. I've purchased Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil for the Summer and I have Tom Ford White Patchouli on my list to buy next. Hoping to build a wardrobe from here. If this is the right place, recs are welcome- Thanks for reading !

Thanks ! Love the flower, goes with my user name lol

Hello everyone!

I am also new to Basenotes.

I have started doing a little more online research with regards to scents since i discovered at 41 years old that I do not want to smell like every other generic male when I go out (D&G, Armani etc).

I recieved my first bottle of Aventus direct from Creed yesterday and I am in love with this fragrance. I also really like the classic Aqua Di Parmas Colonia.

The next time I manage to get myself down to London I am looking forward to checking out Tom Fords private collection. (I shant be purchasing anything unless I like a scent and it suits me).

I think my personal preference tends to lean towards fresh/clean scents with a more sophisticated vibe, but I do try to remain open minded.

Anyway, thats a little about me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes, DMA
    Give Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino a try when you visit the capital - should be right up your alley.
    Thank you JR.

Funny you should say that, thats exactly the one that had caught my eye out of the collection. If anyone has anymore reccomendations that they feel I should check out then please feel free to post your suggestions.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have started doing a little more online research with regards to scents since i discovered at 41 years old that I do not want to smell like every other generic male when I go out (D&G, Armani etc).

I recieved my first bottle of Aventus direct from Creed yesterday and I am in love with this fragrance. I also really like the classic Aqua Di Parmas Colonia.

The next time I manage to get myself down to London I am looking forward to checking out Tom Fords private collection. (I shant be purchasing anything unless I like a scent and it suits me).

I think my personal preference tends to lean towards fresh/clean scents with a more sophisticated vibe, but I do try to remain open minded.

Anyway, thats a little about me.
    Welcome to Basenotes, DMA
    Give Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino a try when you visit the capital - should be right up your alley.

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Hello everyone!

I have to say, this sounds like a nice start Enjoy your stay !
    winter: Body Kouros
    summer : guerlain vetiver

Basenotes Member

Greetings, all! I'm a massage therapist, herbalist, aromatherapist, and sensualist who is just beginning my foray into the wonderful, exciting, scary, confusing, expensive, secretive, perspective-expanding and ethically challenging world of some of the historical super-high class natural fragrance components: oud, ambergris, musk, civet, and castoreum.

I've been interested in the natural world since childhood, and I'm an enthusiastic amateur naturalist. I've been messing about with essential oils for something over 20 years now, and though I've had very little professional training, I've learned a lot on my own over the years, enhanced by my knowledge of food and cooking and the chemistry thereof, and by my genuine professional training as an herbalist and massage therapist.

I've always been an enthusiastic do-it-yourselfer in my chosen fields of interest: fragrances, food, and the lapidary and jewelry making arts. My experience has been that in order to get what I want, instead of what some marketing director thinks I should want based on my demographic classification, I have to create it myself. I've found this to be true metaphysically and metaphorically as well as in the worlds of perfume, jewelry and food.

I'm the sort of person who believes, based on empirical evidence, that the Universe is a beautiful, amazing, wonderful place, that nothing happens randomly or by accident, and that we have access to everything we need to make all our dreams of success, happiness and fulfillment come true - IF we are willing to make a sincere effort towards our goals, and meet the Universe halfway.

I've already been very impressed with the amount of useful, interesting and amusing information I've found on these boards in the last few weeks. I've got a fistful of birthday dollars doing a slow burn in my pocket, and I really want to invest in some quality oud, ambergris and/or musk that's worth the price. In keeping with my DIY nature, I'm very interested in purchasing raw materials and trying my hand at tincturing them. I have a bit of an advantage in the form of a full bottle of Everclear and my previous knowledge and experience of tincturing herbs for medicinal use.

Nice to meet you all. Wish me luck.

--Linda

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by velvetseven View Post
    Greetings, all! I'm a massage therapist, herbalist, aromatherapist, and sensualist who is just beginning my foray into the wonderful, exciting, scary, confusing, expensive, secretive, perspective-expanding and ethically challenging world of some of the historical super-high class natural fragrance components: oud, ambergris, musk, civet, and castoreum.

I've been interested in the natural world since childhood, and I'm an enthusiastic amateur naturalist. I've been messing about with essential oils for something over 20 years now, and though I've had very little professional training, I've learned a lot on my own over the years, enhanced by my knowledge of food and cooking and the chemistry thereof, and by my genuine professional training as an herbalist and massage therapist.

I've always been an enthusiastic do-it-yourselfer in my chosen fields of interest: fragrances, food, and the lapidary and jewelry making arts. My experience has been that in order to get what I want, instead of what some marketing director thinks I should want based on my demographic classification, I have to create it myself. I've found this to be true metaphysically and metaphorically as well as in the worlds of perfume, jewelry and food.

I'm the sort of person who believes, based on empirical evidence, that the Universe is a beautiful, amazing, wonderful place, that nothing happens randomly or by accident, and that we have access to everything we need to make all our dreams of success, happiness and fulfillment come true - IF we are willing to make a sincere effort towards our goals, and meet the Universe halfway.

I've already been very impressed with the amount of useful, interesting and amusing information I've found on these boards in the last few weeks. I've got a fistful of birthday dollars doing a slow burn in my pocket, and I really want to invest in some quality oud, ambergris and/or musk that's worth the price. In keeping with my DIY nature, I'm very interested in purchasing raw materials and trying my hand at tincturing them. I have a bit of an advantage in the form of a full bottle of Everclear and my previous knowledge and experience of tincturing herbs for medicinal use.

Nice to meet you all. Wish me luck.

--Linda

Many thanks for the introduction and highly readable debut post, Linda - hope you find The BN journey a rewarding one. Great to have you with us .

Hi... I'm new here too. Have been perfumemaniac for a couple of years)) Look likes it is a good forum here!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfir View Post
    Hi... I'm new here too. Have been perfumemaniac for a couple of years)) Look likes it is a good forum here!

Basenotes Member

I'm new to BN although I seem to have been "accumulating" rather than collecting fragrances -- mostly by SWMBO going "I like this" and buying it.

Before that I had worn Safari since it's launch and little else.

Over the past year I have worked hard, lost 60+lb weight and nearly a foot of my waist, this had led me to an increased interest in personal grooming (might as well look after my hard work!) and took me into the world of shaving with a DE razor. From here it has taken me down the road of more interest in what I am wearing from a frag point of view.

As an ER nurse, I don't wear any frag at work, so it is more of a treat to myself when I do/can.

As you can see from my wardrobe it is all mainstream, mass-market fragrances - I would love to get some TF or Creed, but my budget just won't go there now as my savings are set to take me to Israel for an intensive Krav Maga training camp

However, it's nice to see what everyone is wearing and the cross-comparisons

Hi,

I've just joined and thought this would be a good thread to post in first.

I'm looking to get expand on my fragrance knowledge. I've had a number of fragrances through the years but I currently own L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme, Armani Code, and Guerlain Homme L'eau (which I actually bought by mistake when I went to buy another bottle of Guerlain Homme).

I've ordered a few Creed samples, and I'm looking to get a few Bond samples to see which notes I like from those houses

Glad I joined
    Last edited by HAllen; 10th February 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Extending a warm welcome to dlegros and HAllen. Good to see you both here

Hi,

Been lurking around here for a few months now, but thought it was about time took the plunge.
    I've slowly been building up my collection, going off recommendations and reviews that i have read on here, and from watching reviwers on youtube. Its very addictive.

My first fragrance memory was in the late 90s when i bought my first bottle that wasnt something i'd got from my grandma for Christmas. It was a bottle of Xeryus Rouge and i loved it. I then went on to plenty of 90s staples such as Boss, Tommy and Cool Water. Stopped buying for a good few years, until about 2 years ago i was bought a bottle of Prada Amber Pour Homme, and my love has been rekindled. Ive bought many since, and i'll have a play with the wardrobe here.

I'm still learning about what i like and what is out there, and i hope that being part of this community helps me along on my journey.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome Danny - enjoy the journey

Welcome! Enjoy the learning experience.

Basenotes Plus

Hello Everyone...
    I was thrilled when I first stumbled upon this site. I was looking for the ingredients to a cologne and well,Basenotes popped up and I've been hooked ever since. Thanks to all who contribute, it means so much to many of us who are wanting to always improve ourselves.

Ever since i can remember, I've loved to smell things. Most times my experience were great, other times, not so great, lol. When I was 5 or 6 years old I went on my first trip to a Chinese restaurant. I was hooked on the smell of incense, the smell of tea and most of all, I remember forming a relationship between taste and smell. I ate a chicken wing and told my dad that the chicken wings tasted like the smell of a barber shop I remember that my statement was laughed off and considered a bit silly but til this day, I still make the connection between Chinese chicken wings and barber shops

I've always associated most things in my life with scents and thought it was very cool when I happened upon Demeter also. Everyone wants to revisit times and places in their lives that made them happy and bottom line in my opinion is that scents are a wonderful way to capture and preserve memories for a lifetime.

Scents and photographs...much the same.

Basenotes Member

Thanks so much for this wonderful site and forum - I have been reading it for a while without posting, but recently made up my mind to create my own account. I have been having fun so far and love to learn about different fragrances. I appreciate the way fragrance allows you to be transported through time and space. When I wear certain scents I feel completely different from the way I feel while wearing others. I can be a 1920s flapper in France one day, and a middle eastern bedouin the next. It is simply fantastic!

I am very captivated by the classics as well as oriental notes. I look forward to more time on this site.

Basenotes Member

Hi All,
    Just got around to posting on this thread. Have joined a few splits and the experience has been great. Love this site because it allows me to experience fragrances that I would not be able to get if I had to spring for entire bottle.
    Thank,

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by numberz View Post
    Hello Everyone...
    I was thrilled when I first stumbled upon this site. I was looking for the ingredients to a cologne and well,Basenotes popped up and I've been hooked ever since. Thanks to all who contribute, it means so much to many of us who are wanting to always improve ourselves.

Ever since i can remember, I've loved to smell things. Most times my experience were great, other times, not so great, lol. When I was 5 or 6 years old I went on my first trip to a Chinese restaurant. I was hooked on the smell of incense, the smell of tea and most of all, I remember forming a relationship between taste and smell. I ate a chicken wing and told my dad that the chicken wings tasted like the smell of a barber shop I remember that my statement was laughed off and considered a bit silly but til this day, I still make the connection between Chinese chicken wings and barber shops

I've always associated most things in my life with scents and thought it was very cool when I happened upon Demeter also. Everyone wants to revisit times and places in their lives that made them happy and bottom line in my opinion is that scents are a wonderful way to capture and preserve memories for a lifetime.

Scents and photographs...much the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacisne View Post
    Thanks so much for this wonderful site and forum - I have been reading it for a while without posting, but recently made up my mind to create my own account. I have been having fun so far and love to learn about different fragrances. I appreciate the way fragrance allows you to be transported through time and space. When I wear certain scents I feel completely different from the way I feel while wearing others. I can be a 1920s flapper in France one day, and a middle eastern bedouin the next. It is simply fantastic!

I am very captivated by the classics as well as oriental notes. I look forward to more time on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayboy View Post
    Hi All,
    Just got around to posting on this thread. Have joined a few splits and the experience has been great. Love this site because it allows me to experience fragrances that I would not be able to get if I had to spring for entire bottle.
    Thank,

Many thanks for the introductions - hope you continue to enjoy the BN experience for a long time to come.

Great to have you all on board .

Hello:

Just wanted to post and say hi. Just joined this site, have been interested in fragrances for a while. Follow a lot of youtube reviewers and have been slowly building my collection. Really looking forward to being more active in the community

- Larry

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Larry!

Hello, I am a new member in this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. at the very beginning i always try to maintain my self by following fashionable and stylish life, for this reason i always try to use perfect and choice able fragrance so that every body feel attraction to me. For this reason this site is very important to me. I want to carry on to this site.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ldog03 View Post
    Hello:

Just wanted to post and say hi. Just joined this site, have been interested in fragrances for a while. Follow a lot of youtube reviewers and have been slowly building my collection. Really looking forward to being more active in the community

- Larry
    Welcome aboard, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Himel View Post
    Hello, I am a new member in this site.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. at the very beginning i always try to maintain my self by following fashionable and stylish life, for this reason i always try to use perfect and choice able fragrance so that every body feel attraction to me. For this reason this site is very important to me. I want to carry on to this site.

Good to hear . Hope to see you around regularly. Welcome !

Hello - I just wanted to introduce myself. I've enjoyed perfume for a long time, but, busy raising our four children, haven't allowed myself to "indulge" for many years. On a lark, I'd decided I wanted a bottle of Opium, which I loved and remembered from my college days in the 80's. The sample I tried smelled horrible, which led me on a journey of discovering all about reformulations, IFRA regulations, and myriad other issues pertaining to the fragrance industry. I've very much enjoyed reading basenotes and other perfume forums - but I'm afraid it's awakened a desire to try so many perfumes I'd never even heard of! Thank you for providing such a fascinating forum!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by silverphile View Post
    Hello - I just wanted to introduce myself. I've enjoyed perfume for a long time, but, busy raising our four children, haven't allowed myself to "indulge" for many years. On a lark, I'd decided I wanted a bottle of Opium, which I loved and remembered from my college days in the 80's. The sample I tried smelled horrible, which led me on a journey of discovering all about reformulations, IFRA regulations, and myriad other issues pertaining to the fragrance industry. I've very much enjoyed reading basenotes and other perfume forums - but I'm afraid it's awakened a desire to try so many perfumes I'd never even heard of! Thank you for providing such a fascinating forum!
    Good to meet you - welcome to Basenotes, silverphile

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here! I've been reading the forum and trying to educate my mind/nose for the past couple of years. This really is a great resource. Hope to play a more active part of the site in the days/months/years to come.

Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by songbyanon View Post
    Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here! I've been reading the forum and trying to educate my mind/nose for the past couple of years. This really is a great resource. Hope to play a more active part of the site in the days/months/years to come.

Thanks

Hello,

I found this site a few days ago, and just decided to join. I have been picking up different fragrances for a long time now, and have maybe 20-25or so. That said, I just discovered that I know nothing about fragrances. I hope that I can educate myself by reading through this forum, and talking with everyone here. I have so much to learn. I have a lot of fragrances now, but just OTC stuff from places like Macy's etc. I'd like to start adding quality moreso than quantity in the future. I'll definitely be looking for recommendations for a quality addition (or two or three) to my collection, and some place to start picking up samples.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Hello,

I found this site a few days ago, and just decided to join. I have been picking up different fragrances for a long time now, and have maybe 20-25or so. That said, I just discovered that I know nothing about fragrances. I hope that I can educate myself by reading through this forum, and talking with everyone here. I have so much to learn. I have a lot of fragrances now, but just OTC stuff from places like Macy's etc. I'd like to start adding quality moreso than quantity in the future. I'll definitely be looking for recommendations for a quality addition (or two or three) to my collection, and some place to start picking up samples.
    Welcome CT3 ! - hope you find BN to be an invaluable source of info.

Welcome Guys!