Code of Conduct
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Thanks!

I am new to this site, I read almost all the forums and looking forward to learn more and more about the fragrances. I am looking for guidelines also which I have not found yet. Thanks

Hi Everyone! I'm new to basenotes (even though i've been reading the site for years). Love the community and looking forward to contributing and learning more about fragrance.

Blog Entries

Welcome newbs!

Basenotes Plus

Extending a warm welcome to samritika and SwanParty

Banned

Hi.This is Warren from CA.
    I am currently working in a fragrance company too.
    It's nice to be here in this site,

Hello! Are you looking for fragrances for men or women?

Some favorites include:
    Adidas Moves for Men by Adidas. Eau De Toilette Spray 1.7 Oz / 50 Ml
    Aspen for Men by Coty. Aftershave Pack Of 2 X 2.0 Oz / 59 Ml ( Total 118 Ml ) Unboxed
    Dolce & Gabbana for Men by Dolce & Gabbana. Eau De Toilette Spray 4.2 Oz / 125 Ml Tester

Sometimes buying a perfume that is unboxed or a tester can save you money! This is something I generally try to do.

Basenotes Member

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just joined Basenotes today after a few weeks of lurking. I have just started on my journey of scents and I have learned so much already about the world of fragrances. I look forward to contributing to discussions and learning much much more as I acquire more scents.

Hi everyone~ Like many other newbies, I have also been an avid lurker of this site... Finally, finally joined though. Looking forward to continuing to read all the discussions!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cwu View Post
    Hey Guys & Gals,

Just joined Basenotes today after a few weeks of lurking. I have just started on my journey of scents and I have learned so much already about the world of fragrances. I look forward to contributing to discussions and learning much much more as I acquire more scents.
    Quote Originally Posted by chchristyen View Post
    Hi everyone~ Like many other newbies, I have also been an avid lurker of this site... Finally, finally joined though. Looking forward to continuing to read all the discussions!

Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th April 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Quick intro! Finally decided to join after a few months of lurking.
    I'm pretty new to fragrance, but excited to be getting into it. My husband and I decided to make a Valentine's tradition to buy each other a new scent and I'm totally hooked. It doesn't help the pocket book any to be 5 minutes from the Creed counter!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
    I'm pretty new to fragrance, but excited to be getting into it. My husband and I decided to make a Valentine's tradition to buy each other a new scent and I'm totally hooked. It doesn't help the pocket book any to be 5 minutes from the Creed counter!

Glad to have you with us, Rowsdower!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    I'm so new at this that I only have one perfume in my collection: guerlian spiriteuse double vanille! I've been reading for a couple of weeks and thought I should say hi. My wallet is groaning at the thought of yet another expensive hobby though lol!

Hello everyone!
    Welcome Scentsucker! Spiriteuse Double Vanille is an excellent choice, but look into buying decants of the really expensive ones, much easier on the wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome chchristyen, I hope you won't stick to just reading now that you are a member, jump in and write too!

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Welcome Scentsucker! Spiriteuse Double Vanille is an excellent choice, but look into buying decants of the really expensive ones, much easier on the wallet.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome chchristyen, I hope you won't stick to just reading now that you are a member, jump in and write too!
    :embarrassed: Sorry for lack of participation these past couple of days~ still lurking around here and there, trying to get a feel for how this works; I have found that it is so much easier to read than to comment on something, as a lot of the time I simply feel overwhelmed and don't have enough knowledge to be saying something... *will try harder*

:embarrassed: Sorry for lack of participation these past couple of days~ still lurking around here and there, trying to get a feel for how this works; I have found that it is so much easier to read than to comment on something, as a lot of the time I simply feel overwhelmed and don't have enough knowledge to be saying something... *will try harder*
    chchristyen, I understand the need to get a feel of the place. If I can make a suggestion; start posting in the Scent of the Day-thread (SOTD), it's an easy way to meet members, and with no pressure to be clever or super-knowlable, just post what you are wearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
    Welcome Rowsdower. So you aiming to become a Creed-head well you better have an opinion on Aventus, and quickly!

chchristyen, I understand the need to get a feel of the place. If I can make a suggestion; start posting in the Scent of the Day-thread (SOTD), it's an easy way to meet members, and with no pressure to be clever or super-knowlable, just post what you are wearing.

- - - Updated - - -
    Will do, furrypine Thanks for the suggestion~ Will head there and take a look ^_^

Thanks furrypine! I now have 46 bottles of perfume, and my wallet has completely submitted to my will. It's scary how much I've accumulated in a few short months!

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsucker View Post
    Thanks furrypine! I now have 46 bottles of perfume, and my wallet has completely submitted to my will. It's scary how much I've accumulated in a few short months!
    Just took a peek at your wardrobe, which is fabulous by the way. You seem to have a sweet tooth, just like me but you need to been weaned off the luxe brands, that's for sure

Just took a peek at your wardrobe, which is fabulous by the way. You seem to have a sweet tooth, just like me but you need to been weaned off the luxe brands, that's for sure
    Thanks furrypine! I do indeed have a sweet tooth and I'm a vanilla lover. I think I need to expand my horizons further, I'm trying to buy more florals and chypres but they're still not my true love. I'll keep trying though.

The love of luxe brands just sort of happened by accident.....oops!

Hi everyone, greetings from the City of Brotherly Love!

I'm hoping, through this site, to educate myself about the wonderful world of men's fragrances. I find myself drawn to the more subtle and complex scents, but I lean towards the citrusy and "green" ones and do not care for the musky ones.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Kampus Kop View Post
    Hi everyone, greetings from the City of Brotherly Love!

I'm hoping, through this site, to educate myself about the wonderful world of men's fragrances. I find myself drawn to the more subtle and complex scents, but I lean towards the citrusy and "green" ones and do not care for the musky ones.
    Welcome to Basenotes, Kampus Kop

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes, Kampus Kop
    As we say here in Philly: "Back atcha"!

Our likes and dislikes about fragrances is really very subjective, isn't it? Sorta like appreciating a fine wine.

I've discovered the expensive ones tend to be good and the cheap ones tend to be bad ... but there are exceptions on both ends.

Been coming to this site for over a year to read reviews and have been enjoying many of the youtube reviewers for the past year too. Namely robes08, mymickers and Al from streetscents. What a fantastic hobby!

Decided to finally join the website and learn more and more

Hi Sheppy,

As you can see I'm new here too!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Kampus!

Quote Originally Posted by wildflowers View Post
    Hi Sheppy,

As you can see I'm new here too!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Kampus!
    Hey Wildflowers!

I'm jealous, I wish I was in california. so sick of snow right now and cold lol

Sheppy,

We sure have been dry here!!!

Hello guys! Lovely to be a part of this wonderful site !

Quick question i'm about to bid on a versace pour homme. But to me the box looks like a fake? i'll let you decide pro's!
    cscs.jpg

Hi folks I am new, even if I have been reading base notes from months.
    I am Italian, live in Venice work in Milan. Perfumes addicted, even if I was convinced to be cool with my 50 perfumes until I started to browse the forum, then I realised I am a rookie!!! :-))
    Renzo

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Aire View Post
    Hi folks I am new, even if I have been reading base notes from months.
    I am Italian, live in Venice work in Milan. Perfumes addicted, even if I was convinced to be cool with my 50 perfumes until I started to browse the forum, then I realised I am a rookie!!! :-))
    Renzo
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 18th April 2013 at 07:34 AM.

hello everyone ...

Thank you, Grant. I'm sure I'll have the chance to learn, share and make lot of friends here. Compliments for such an awesome fórum and website!

Howdy y'all! I've been wearing frags for 25+ years, but I've only recently realized I have much to learn. For example, I've just bought a decant of Amouage Reflection Man, and the first note I smell is root beer.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ojinsa View Post
    Howdy y'all! I've been wearing frags for 25+ years, but I've only recently realized I have much to learn. For example, I've just bought a decant of Amouage Reflection Man, and the first note I smell is root beer.

Anyway, looking forward to learning more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Bros View Post
    Thank you, Grant. I'm sure I'll have the chance to learn, share and make lot of friends here. Compliments for such an awesome fórum and website!

Very new to frags as well. Glad to find this site to learn more. Before recently my only experience with frags was Brut and a claimed Drakkar Noir knockoff named 'New York Nights for men'. Both of those came from like Walmart or something.

I've sampled a few of the more popular frags. I was disappointed because none of them impressed me right off the bat. But I've learned that some just need a little time to grow on you. Terre D'hermes and La Nuit didn't blow me away at first, but I came back to them every so often and now I really enjoy them.

I may start a thread on this, but there is frag called 'Mitchell Gordon'. It is supposed to be a knockoff of Michael Jordan cologne. I liked Mitchell Gordon so much that I purchased Michael Jordan. However, they smell nothing alike and I really enjoy the knockoff. Any one have any experience with Mitchell Gordon cologne? I really wish someone with an educated nose could smell it and tell me what frags are similar because Mitchell Gordon is tough to find.

Thanks Jon! Btw, my cousin married a guy from Leeds, and now lives there, which is a helluva long way from Mexico City (which is where she's from). Also, as I understand it, I'm forbidden from cheering for Man U in their presence.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ojinsa View Post
    Thanks Jon! Btw, my cousin married a guy from Leeds, and now lives there, which is a helluva long way from Mexico City (which is where she's from). Also, as I understand it, I'm forbidden from cheering for Man U in their presence.
    OMG, yes - a taboo subject for sure.

Red face Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hi everyone I'm new to frag. but dont believe
    in indirectness.I love the art of perfumery and
    have many questions like is DPG a good carrier
    to make a quality fragrance, and where is the
    place to get inexpensive quality bottles?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi everyone recently joined basenotes and I
    want to have some serious discussion about
    creating a womans fragrance hope im in the
    right place. I'm still learning how to navigate
    basenotes

hi... i want to know about the perfume Rasasi Jewel

Question Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hi all, I am new here!

I'm based in London, UK. I'm spending hours on the web searching for companies selling empty glass perfume bottles also labels. At the moment I do not want to buy big quantities from China. Does anyone know of any good companies and wholesale. :

Thank you

Hi all. I'm from Brooklyn NY.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbush Ave View Post
    Hi all. I'm from Brooklyn NY.

Hi
    Everyone I bought 250 ml pacaroban one million fragrance oil and I want to know how can I mix with Alchol and what type of Alchol I can used.
    Also percentages of the both how many % alcohol and % fragrance oil.
    Please help me out of it 'I need formulation for that'

Basenotes Plus

Welcome, Gio£ - your earlier post on this subject was moved to the DIY section.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...king-fragrance

There are some helpful 'sticky' threads at the top of the DIY forum.
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/15-Fragrance-DIY

Have fun!

Hello! Thanks for the warm welcome! Im also a new member here and Im looking forward to share my idea and info with you guys

Oh great... another thing I have to resist blowing money on :/
    I'm new here, I've been lurking for a little while and figured I'd join. Why not right?
    I have kind of a sensitive nose and allergies, so fragrance wasn't really ever a thing for me (i'm now 28 and married). I don't know notes from a hole in the wall. In the last year or so, however, I've gotten into old fashioned brush-n-soap wetshaving, and all the fancy (and not so fancy) accoutrements involved, and it has perked my interest in smelling like a man with a plan, without choking myself out .
    So as I said, lurking, lurking, lurking, and all of a sudden I'm blind buying Grey Flannel at walgreens and ordering decants online.
    So here I am.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes, DocRokRx!

Basenotes Plus

Extending a warm welcome to DocRokRx and peepstraight . Glad to have you both with us .

Banned

Hello !!
    I'm Aaricia and I am a "perfumista" (as we say in France, meaning : "fond of perfumes")
    Nice site, I will try to understand all the perfumes vocabulary in English, although I don't even know everything in French !

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Aaricia View Post
    Hello !!
    I'm Aaricia and I am a "perfumista" (as we say in France, meaning : "fond of perfumes")
    Nice site, I will try to understand all the perfumes vocabulary in English, although I don't even know everything in French !

Basenotes Plus

Welcome, Aaricia!

Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while and decided to join this forum site. Hoping to learn from you guys. Many thanks to you in advance.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by crispybash View Post
    Hello everyone! Been lurking for a while and decided to join this forum site. Hoping to learn from you guys. Many thanks to you in advance.
    Welcome aboard, crispybash

Hi everyone! Also been lurking for a while and decided to join this forum site. learning from you guys already.
    Cheers from South Yorkshire

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by aim View Post
    Hi everyone! Also been lurking for a while and decided to join this forum site. learning from you guys already.
    Cheers from South Yorkshire

Welcome !! - the first pint is on me

Basenotes Plus

Welcome crispybash & aim!

Hi everyone, my name's Jose and I'm from El Salvador, I finally decided to join the forum after a few months of lurking and I would like to learn more about fragrances

Basenotes Plus

Hi & welcome to Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mish View Post
    Hi everyone, my name's Jose and I'm from El Salvador, I finally decided to join the forum after a few months of lurking and I would like to learn more about fragrances

Good to have you here, Jose
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 12th December 2013 at 10:46 PM.

Hey! Scotland is here. Seems I like basenotes more. Going to stay and settle down

Basenotes Plus

Welcome Lyuba & enjoy yourself!