Code of Conduct
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,080 of 1118

Default Re: Welcome to Just Starting Out...

Hi & welcome, arion
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Welcome to you arion! Enjoy your time on Basenotes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks,

I enjoy the time on Basenotes for more than five years and learned a lot, especially from the diversity of viewpoints each topic is approached.
    Hope to contribute also.

Thanks again,
    arion

Look forward to seeing you again, arion

Hi,
    I am not so much starting out as returning, since I joined basenotes in 2008 when I came across this site. Almost immediately after registering here I fell into a very long illness. Recently a friend reminded me of how much I once enjoyed fragrances, so I came here to catch back up.

I collected from 1978 - 1995. Once I got north of 300 bottles I got overwhelmed and stopped.

My smeller is neither sophisticated nor subtle. I have had my fair share of "It smells like a French whorehouse in here!" comments. (To which I naturally respond, "How exactly do you know what a French whorehouse smells like, anyway?") And my taste in fragrances runs the gamut from "I like it" to "I don't like it".
    But when I came back to read the room and figure how things work here, I learned of the IFRA restrictions. Quel horreur! I was shocked. To think that in the future no one will know what the old masterpieces originally smelled like! Unbelievable. So I now want to share some of my vintages.
    I'm pretty taciturn and so I do not expect to be racking up the posts here; mostly I'll just read. I've already tried to review a few things that no one else had. I am also computer-technology-challenged and my helpful nieces & nephews have all left town, so it's going to be a while before I figure out what I'm doing, but it is my intention to put about eleven of my wicked-old-but-still-smells-good vintage stuff up on the Free To A Good Home thread. I hope to see you there soon.

Welcome back Zilpha! Good to have you with us again
    You are right about IFRA causing a lot of despair, but it's not not all hopeless. There have been reports from Guerlain that they have managed to slice & dice the offending molecules out of oakmoss and that the new batches Mitsouko are very good, better than in years.

Your collection must be a real treasure trove, and it's great to hear that you'll be sharing some of it, and thanks so much for offering reviews of the rarities you have.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back Zilpha - glad to hear you are recovered and firing on all cylinders again.

Welcome back Zilpha!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thanks, all! I now have my offerings up on the female Free to a Good Home thread.

Hi everyone,

Was a long time lurker, finally decided to join as member. Thanks to everyone for all their knowledge and advice. Wouldn't know where I would be without you guys.

What started with a gift of Kenneth Cole Black 2 years ago has now turned into an obsession (which I have as a mini)! My first bottle of cologne was my freshman year of college: Boss No. 6. More than a decade later I bought another bottle of it, and it reminds me of a friend long lost, but now found.

I probably won't be a mass poster (since I feel I'm still a novice), but I will be reading intently in my spare time.

The cap in my collection: Dior Fahrenheit (vintage) vs Terre d'Hermes
    My last fragerance purchase: Gucci Pour Homme II
    What I'm wearing right now: Eternity Aqua
    My current monthly rotation: Eternity Aqua, Issay Miyake Sport, Polo Black, Paris Hilton for Men, Bvlgari Aqva, Eau Savage, Terre d'Hermes
    My goal purchase: Creed Aventus

Welcome, Borderpolar

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes, Borderpolar

Welcome Borderpolar! Enjoy your time on Basenotes!

Hello All,

I am very new to fragrances and don't understand much about them. My girlfriend likes Chloe eau de parfum and I enjoy the smell of it...what would you recommend as something similar to that scent? I want to get her something, but I would like to try something new.

Also, has anyone purchased from www.eaunatur.com? I found this through facebook and it seems good.

Want to welcome you to Basenotes. Hope you enjoy your time here! Unfortunately, don't have an answer to your Chole question. Hopefully someone will chime in with a useful answer to your dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianm View Post
    Hello All,

I am very new to fragrances and don't understand much about them. My girlfriend likes Chloe eau de parfum and I enjoy the smell of it...what would you recommend as something similar to that scent? I want to get her something, but I would like to try something new.

Also, has anyone purchased from www.eaunatur.com? I found this through facebook and it seems good.
    Hey Adrianm,

I would recommend you check out you check out basenotes' own page about it. From there you can see what types of notes the perfume has. You can also use fragrantica.com to look up the notes and see which perfumes share the same style:

Then from there, you can blind buy OR go to a website like perfumedcourt or parfumsraffy and buy samples of several different perfumes to decide which one to buy.

Perfumes are really personal, so it wouldn't be a bad idea and let your girlfriend figure out which one she likes.

Welcome everyone, enjoy your stay

Welcome Borderpolar and adrianm!

Hi BNers,
    I am just starting out and I am finding this hobby very interesting and enjoyable. I feel like i got bite by a bug or something. I was never very interested in fragrances until my wife asked me to pick her up Malle Carnal Flower and I visited their boutique in NYC. Since then I've gone from having one bottle of ADP Colonia to collecting about 18 mostly niche perfumes. I started reading BN about a month ago and find it extremely helpful ( and quite funny). Thanks for the site!

Wow, there's nothing like starting out at the top!

Welcome, RubyT!

Thanks... It's a beautiful store

Hello and peace from NYC, very new to the forums and just wanted to say hello. So much information, can't wait to dive in!

Quote Originally Posted by vitamins View Post
    Hello and peace from NYC, very new to the forums and just wanted to say hello. So much information, can't wait to dive in!
    Welcome to you Vitamins! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes.

One newbie question, Sorry, I didn't find the answer...
    Why can't I post in the "frangrances wanted" forum ?
    Must I be a BN+ member ?

Basenotes Plus

To start a thread in the marketplace you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
    • You are a supporting member
    • You have been a member for over a year
    • You have made over 500 posts (members we feel are posting purely to reach this threshold will have their post count reduced)

This is the criteria that must be met before one can post in the market place. One of these things must apply to you if not then you can't post in the market place.
    Check out my Sale & Swap threads!

OK thanks . I knew that for offers but didn't think it applied for researches.

Welcome vitamins and _Aaricia_!

Basenotes Plus

Extending a warm BN welcome to vitamins, _Aaricia_ and RubyT.

Glad to have you here.

Welcome to you_Aaricia_ !

Greetings to the comunity!!

I joined basenotes today, it is my first post and I am here to learn and talk about perfumes! Its one of my passions altogether with music and poetry.

I was born and I live in Brazil, although I am from an Italian family.

English is not my native language, so I need your tolerance and empathy to my mistakes everyday. I have an especial issue with prepositions

Good to be here today!

physalis

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes, Physalis!

English is not my first language either and it's an ongoing and fun learning experience. Your English is great.

Hope you have a great time here!

You're perfectly understandable, physalis.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to Basenotes Physalis! Enjoy your time here. By the way, o seu inglęs é maravilhoso!
    Last edited by hednic; 21st September 2014 at 12:59 AM.

CapriDog, kind words!

Zilpha, happy to be aboard!

hednic, Búzios? I am curious now!

Thank you so much, I'll start to feel home

Ps: on purpose, I am listening to a song - Down to myself - a new beginning - I dedicate it for all of you!!
    Last edited by physalis; 21st September 2014 at 01:33 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes, physalis . Glad to have you on board !.

Thank you Jon! Nice to meet you all.

A belated welcome to physalis! Good to have you in the group!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Great Ody,
    One more conehead here!! borg.gif
    Thank you!

I been reading this forum for a while and decided to join and participate more. Great community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by robert.lanierii View Post
    I been reading this forum for a while and decided to join and participate more. Great community.

Glad to have you with us - welcome to BN

Quote Originally Posted by robert.lanierii View Post

Welcome to you Robert! Enjoy your time at Basenotes!

Welcome, robert.lanierii!

Hello folks!

I'm just beginning to dabble in perfumery, thanks to a random department store employee throwing a bunch of perfume samples into a non-perfume order. I liked two of the nine(!) I received enough that I decided that maaaaybe it might be worth trying.

I will likely be a lurker for a while, watching creepily from the shadows as I go through my first round of samples I picked out on my own. o___o

Welcome whenhairymetsally,

I wish you happy lurking and look forward to you leaving the shadows to join the chat!

Danielle

Greetings Basenotes.
    I am fairly new to fragrances and must say that I am more than excited to soak up and learn about the world of fragrances from a knowledgeable community such as yourselves. Looking forward to future discussions with you all.

All the best.

Welcome el1001!

I hope you enjoy the time you spend here. I look forward to reading your posts.

Danielle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by whenhairymetsally View Post
    Hello folks!

I'm just beginning to dabble in perfumery, thanks to a random department store employee throwing a bunch of perfume samples into a non-perfume order. I liked two of the nine(!) I received enough that I decided that maaaaybe it might be worth trying.

I will likely be a lurker for a while, watching creepily from the shadows as I go through my first round of samples I picked out on my own. o___o
    Quote Originally Posted by el1001 View Post
    Greetings Basenotes.
    I am fairly new to fragrances and must say that I am more than excited to soak up and learn about the world of fragrances from a knowledgeable community such as yourselves. Looking forward to future discussions with you all.

All the best.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards and wishing you both a rewarding BN experience.

Quote Originally Posted by whenhairymetsally View Post
    Hello folks!

Quote Originally Posted by el1001 View Post
    Greetings Basenotes.

All the best.
    Welcome to both of you! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes.

Welcome whenhairymetsally and el1001!

Welcome to Basenotes to everyone that's new!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm an addict! The right fragrance can make my world turn upside down, in a good way or bad!
    Although I am a woman, I like men' s fragrances too. I'm here to learn from your experiences and descriptions of all kind of fragrances! ! Already thanks for that! Sorry for the bad English spelling, I'm from the Netherlands.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redbull1969 View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm an addict! The right fragrance can make my world turn upside down, in a good way or bad!
    Although I am a woman, I like men' s fragrances too. I'm here to learn from your experiences and descriptions of all kind of fragrances! ! Already thanks for that! Sorry for the bad English spelling, I'm from the Netherlands.

Welcome to you! Enjoy your time on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by redbull1969 View Post
    Hi everyone!

Your English is excellent, redbull1969 - welcome to Basenotes

Welcome redbull1969, I hope you find lots of useful information to turn your world upside down in a good way!

Thanks Danielle! !

And thanks Jon and Hednic!

+1 on a new lurker on the boards

i'm a newcomer to the fragrance world, and my cologne count went from owning 2 colognes (acqua di gio and polo sport received as gifts) all throughout my teenage years, to buying 13 new colognes this year

hoping to learn a lot from the community here on basenotes

Quote Originally Posted by p1trick View Post

i'm a newcomer to the fragrance world, and my cologne count went from owning 2 colognes (acqua di gio and polo sport received as gifts) all throughout my teenage years, to buying 13 new colognes this year

Welcome to you p1trick! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Welcome p1trick - I'd like to know what happens to that figure in another six months ;-)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by p1trick View Post
    +1 on a new lurker on the boards

Hope you find BN to be an enjoyable and informative place to hang out, p1trick.