Code of Conduct

Default New Member Here! -Intro

Hello fellow Basenoters my name is Dustin and I'm a new member. Just thought I would introduce myself. I have only been into colognes for around a year now however I feel I alread have a decent size "wardrobe" check it out when you get a chance.

I am in Kentucky. Anyways though I really am amazed by the friendliness of folks here and am glad to be a part of the community.

BTW I just ordered GEIR today, havn't even experienced it in person. hope I like it!

Feel free to comment on my Wardrobe!

Later for now......

Why So Serious?

Default Re: New Member Here! -Intro

Well, welcome Dustin, from your wardrobe i like Visit, Brit, Envy and Nicole Miller, good drobe for a good start by the way. *But i think Geir might be better than all of them, so excellent purchase on that one and i hope you enjoy it in this upcoming summer. *Enjoy your stay!

David
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX
    *But i think Geir might be better than all of them, so excellent purchase on that one and i hope you enjoy it in this upcoming summer. *
    Thank you for the Welcome David! I am glad to hear you have high regard for Geir as well. It should arrive soon and I will be sure to post my thoughts of it.

I see you have Santal Noble in your Wardrobe I am looking to purchase that soon as well as Tea For Two.

Welcome!! You have a great starting wardrobe. You have some that I really like and some I don't even know. I'm glad you like this community. I enjoy it very much. I hope you learn as much as I have... ;D

EnvYuS

Why So Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceRooster
    [quote author=HackerX link=1145247480/0#1 date=1145248060]*But i think Geir might be better than all of them, so excellent purchase on that one and i hope you enjoy it in this upcoming summer. *
    Thank you for the Welcome David! I am glad to hear you have high regard for Geir as well. It should arrive soon and I will be sure to post my thoughts of it.

I see you have Santal Noble in your Wardrobe I am looking to purchase that soon as well as Tea For Two.

[/quote]

Wow, Santal Noble is my favorite fragrance of all time, no doubt about it, and T42 is one of my favorite L'Artisans, two unique fragrances. *You must have very good taste my friend, well done! * 8-)
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Welcome!! You have a great starting wardrobe. You have some that I really like and some I don't even know. I'm glad you like this community. I enjoy it very much. I hope you learn as much as I have... ;D

EnvYuS
    Thank you for the welcome and compliments on my wardobe, if you have any questions about some of mine you don't know feel free to ask! I need to get myself together and try to write some reviews!

Welcome Dustin!

You have a really nice wardrobe for a beginner!
    Basenotes is a great site, you'll see how much knowledge you'll obtain here!
    Just take care with your pocket!!! And be careful with the niche fragrances... They're expensive and sometimes even weird...
    I tested a lot of them and didn't like 85%... So, take it easy, don't buy them blind, try some decants first... there are a lot of basenoters that can do it for you. Ask everything you need to get information about what you want!
    As time goes by you will see that a lot of stuff that works for older basenoters don't work for you. Fragrances considered boring to some, are great for me. You will see rave reviews about some niche and designer fragrances and when you test them, you'll ask yourself if you missed the point... That's natural. You'll see there's nothing wrong with that.
    Open your mind and test everything you can: I would recommend you to start smelling "Classic scents" before the niche stuff. It's a previous of what you're going to get...
    Never understimate your thoughts, write them here and we'll listen. Most of all opinions about fragrances are subjective, so don't be scared to write what you think about them.
    And start it now!!
    What do you think of Purple label and Burberry Brit?

Quote Originally Posted by RCavs
    Welcome Dustin! *
    What do you think of Purple label and Burberry Brit?
    The Purple Label was an excellent purchase. It starts off smelling like some sort of grape wine then dries down to a pleasant tart type scent. I love it! It has very good longevity as well.

The Brit is to me a Fall/Winter only scent I love it during those times but during hotter temps it is just to musky if you will for me.

Dustin-
    Welcome aboard.

Personally I think Curve is underrated on basenotes, but I wish it lasted longer on my skin. Some people say Creed - Green Irish Tweed is similar.

At this point, make sure to test a lot of fragrances before buying one. I was impatient with my testing of fragrances and ended up purchasing way too many early on.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Welcome. Geir is a good superstar to add to a roster