Code of Conduct

Default EMail Notifications

Grant,

I note that on the new VBulletin software you have installed, there is no Instant option for email notifications -- only DAILY and WEEKLY summaries.

In the ForSale and Swap forums, I have used the old board's Instant option to notify me when something was for sale, so I could jump on it.

Is it possible to "tweak" this option some time in the future?

Thanks!

Tom
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

Ladylonestar

Up on "thread tools" you should have "subscribe to this thread" and there's a "receive instant email notification" option. Could that be what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Up on "thread tools" you should have "subscribe to this thread" and there's a "receive instant email notification" option. Could that be what you're talking about?
    That Instant email notification works great for THREADS, but NOT for Forums themselves.

In the old software, you could request to be notified by email of Any New Thread, so if you were not paying attention to the For Sale Forum when someone posted a bottle of GIT for $50 (!), you would be notified IMMEDIATELY by email.

VERY Nice feature for the For Sale Forum, but would clog my inbox if I used it for the Discussion Forums.

Tom

Ladylonestar

Oh, okay. I see that now, Tom. The forum alert options are only daily and weekly as opposed to the thread alert options, which allow for instant alerts. I see what you're talking about now. Sorry.

You should be able to do this now

cheers

THANK YOU, GRANT!!!!!! That's what I call really responsive service!

I figured I might have to wait MONTHS for a feature enhancement! You know, I became a paid supporter on my 2nd day here because it FELT RIGHT. I'd NEVER paid to join any forum previously.

But I'm so happy to have joined Basenotes! Life-changing!!

Thanks again!

Tom