Code of Conduct

Default messages not inbox can't respond either

I am getting email alerts of messages sent but they are not in my inbox. I have one email I did receive and when i try to reply it won't let me. i have cleaned out my box entirely. I only saved 21 messages & no out going messages so its not my having no space left in my message box....

help, all great and powerful OZ

Diane

Default here's the message i get when i try to send PMs

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 3144112804 seconds

Default I am having problems with the messaging system

I received an email informing me that someone had sent me a personal message that couldn't go through because my Inbox was full. I deleted all the message in my Inbox. When I tried to send a message I got the same message as Buffalo_Gal.

Is there anywhere where we can read about the messaging system.

I am correcting in understanding that it only has a capacity of 100 messages?

scentemental

P.S. How can I change my name from Scent_e-Mental to scentemental?

Ladylonestar

I had the same inbox problems and finally ended up deleting everything just so I could send a message. I would think this will be a big problem for those of you who sell and swap, and for those who purchase, too.

Scentemental,
    I've been trying to PM you, so that notice might have been from my message. Unfortunately, you need to delete your PM outbox contents in addition to those of your inbox.

Only learned that by playing with things myself though. I don't know other answers and I don't know if some of the features will come back as Grant puts finishing touches on the board.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Oh yeah, and it goes for everyone. My inbox and outbox are cleaned out so I can and have received PMs. Anyone who wants to test theirs or drop a note for friendly chit-chat can hit me up with a PM.

Try it out and see if it works.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Scentemental,
    I've been trying to PM you, so that notice might have been from my message. Unfortunately, you need to delete your PM outbox contents in addition to those of your inbox.

--Chris
    Chris,

I have cleaned out my Inbox and Outbox mail and I still can't send messages.

scentemental

Hmm. I was of the understanding that PM's wouldnt be transfered, as when I imported the forum over, I didnt get any imported

I'll have to look at the defaults, and change them. What do you think is a reasonable message limit? 30, 40, 100, 200, 500? (I can no longer allow infinite messages as I used to, due to the growing membership)

I dont plan on deleting any of the old PMs on YaBB, so you will still have access to those ones for a reasonable amount of time (basically, for as long as I still have the room!)

Grant,

I am still having problems sending messages. I've received one so far, but I can't respond to messages or send messages.

There error message I keep getting is:

"This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 3144072279 seconds."

I don't think I have the time to wait for approximately 5982 years before I try again. :-(

I think 500 messages is reasonable, especially since we now have avaibable that very useful function where all the messages can at once be saved as a text file for storage/archiving.

Is there anyway our screen names can be modified?

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 21st June 2006 at 02:08 PM.

Grant I am still getting the same wait 60 seconds message as well

Scentemental.......here's the link to request name changes

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes Admin
    http://community.basenotes.net/faq.p...aq_change_name

Send me a PM with your request, and I'll update it in a few days

I need to keep the old log-in names for a bit, to tie up the wardrobes and review information

G

I've upgraded the PM limit to 1,000 for supporters. I'll have to look into this 60 second thing

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes Admin
    I I'll have to look into this 60 second thing

cheers
    should be working now

let me know

g

PS I take it this means you didnt get my PM yesterdat then?

Basenotes Plus

I have deleted all but 48 of my PM's on the old board. I still can't send a PM on this board. I get a message about being up to my limit. What's up?

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    I have deleted all but 48 of my PM's on the old board. I still can't send a PM on this board. I get a message about being up to my limit. What's up?
    Deleting messages on the old board won't make a difference here I'm afraid.

If you go to your messages here, and download them (I think you can download them as an excel file). You should be able to free up some space.

Check your sent messages too.

Hope this helps