Code of Conduct

Unhappy Can't Change Title Of Sale Thread

I can't change the title of my sale thread. Well, I can change it, the new title is there to be seen when I view the thread from the inside, but on the board the thread title remains the same. Is anyone one else having this problem?

Basically, I want the Moderator to delete the thread but I can't get that to show as my thread title even when I change it. Please help Grant. I know you have tons of time on your hands since we've moved to this new board. :-) Thanks.

scentemental

Quote Originally Posted by Scent_e-Mental
    I can't change the title of my sale thread. Well, I can change it, the new title is there to be seen when I view the thread from the inside, but on the board the thread title remains the same. Is anyone one else having this problem?

Basically, I want the Moderator to delete the thread but I can't get that to show as my thread title even when I change it. Please help Grant. I know you have tons of time on your hands since we've moved to this new board. :-) Thanks.

scentemental
    I'm having the same problem Scentemental. I'll be on vacation for the next week and I want to close down my sale and swap posts but I can't change the titles.

I can't change my title either....

ALSO, even when I change font size in my swap list it still remains HUMONGOUS. i have changed size from 16 to 11 but it still shows it at 16
    It eye-poppingly annoying ....H....E....L....P

Re: Font sizes.

There a bit different than before. I think 16 refers to 16 times normal size, and 3 means 3 x normal size eetc.

Re editing.

When you go to 'edit' - do you then get an option for an 'advanced edit'?

Quote Originally Posted by Basenotes Admin
    Re editing.

When you go to 'edit' - do you then get an option for an 'advanced edit'?
    Yes I do, and I used the advance edit option, but it doesn't make any difference when I hit save. The thread title remains unchanged.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 22nd June 2006 at 06:30 AM.

Yes I do, and I used the advance edit option, but it doesn't make any difference when I hit save. The thread title remains unchanged.

scentemental
    I can't see an option to be able to change this. Would allowing members to delete their own threads in the swap board be a good alternative?

I can't see an option to be able to change this. Would allowing members to delete their own threads in the swap board be a good alternative?
    It sounds like the only alternative seeing as how there is no way of changing the title to alert the moderator to delete the thread. Also, when items change within the swap/sale list it often warrents a title change. I suppose keeping the title more generic would eliminate that problem...wouldn't want to have to delete the entire thread for every title change.

Thanks for your help.

GraySwan

Absolutely. It would make the board cleaner a lot more quickly. There wouldn't be anymore "MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POSTS" threads floating around till the moderators got around to deleting them.

However, the inability to change the title of the thread would mean we would have to start a new thread every time we needed to modify the thread. That seems like a very inefficient way of achieving the desired result.

Grant are you basically saying that the board doesn't have a function for changing thread titles or you can't see one at the moment.

I really appreciate how quickly you're attending to these problems. Many thanks.

Best regards,

scentemental

Absolutely. It would make the board cleaner a lot more quickly. There wouldn't be anymore "MODERATOR PLEASE DELETE THIS POSTS" threads floating around till the moderators got around to deleting them.
    Okay, as long as users are aware that once the thread is gone, it cannot be ressurected.

However, the inability to change the title of the thread would mean we would have to start a new thread every time we needed to modify the thread. That seems like a very inefficient way of achieving the desired result.

Grant are you basically saying that the board doesn't have a function for changing thread titles or you can't see one at the moment.
    I can't see one as yet - doesn't mean there isnt one though! If there is no option I'll look for a suitable work around

Cheers

Okay, as long as users are aware that once the thread is gone, it cannot be ressurected.

I can't see one as yet - doesn't mean there isnt one though! If there is no option I'll look for a suitable work around

Cheers

Thanks Grant. You rock man.

scentemental

Thanks Grant.....
    I changed size to 3 and now its normal size......

Went to advanced edit title won't change as you already know.

Is there anyway to have the wysiwyg back
    Also I see where to add an emoticon foir the thread but not for the post itself........why can't I find it ???

Thanks for you incredible diligence & alacrity in dealing with the kinks.
    We all really appreciate it!!!

Default Re: Can't Change Title Of Sale Thread

UGH......I know you have enough on your plate right now
    but this inibility to change thread title or delete our own threads is beyond frustrating
    I just got the new LE Creed feuille verte & I can't change my title to announce this.....

I'm going to go sulk in a corner somewhere....

Diane

Try now. I found the setting I think. It said I had to give the time (in minutes) of how long users could edit the title for. It was set at 5.

I've changed it to 1,500,000. SHould now work!

Grant
    What happens is it changes the title within the post but does not change the title in the forum.......when you do advanced edit the title you are able to change is only for the post itself not the main heading that's seen in the forum.....Am I making sense??? Time for more coffee....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Gals
    Grant
    What happens is it changes the title within the post but does not change the title in the forum.......when you do advanced edit the title you are able to change is only for the post itself not the main heading that's seen in the forum.....Am I making sense??? Time for more coffee....
    Is is still not working? What did you want to change it to, and I'll change it. I'll try and find a work-around soon

thanks

Thanks Grant........

NOW ~ Creed Feuille Verte decants available + much more

Thanks Grant........

NOW ~ Creed Feuille Verte decants available + much more
    At the moment it says:

CREED FEUILLE VERTE IS HERE + lots of other goodies

I can change it if you like, but I'm wondering whether you changed it to that, but the system took some time to update it?

Oh my god......that is so weird......not 5 minutes ago it said 12 bottles added....yadda yadda yadda......I opened the advanced edit which of course shows the title as the Feuille verte & shows this inside my post. I then hit save.....I guess now it is working......Hurrah!!!

I'll try again if you don't mind and see if it does indeed change it again

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKS......IT REALLY REALLY WORKS

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing the snoopy happy dance

Thumbs up Re: Can't Change Title Of Sale Thread

IT WORKS......IT REALLY REALLY WORKS

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing the snoopy happy dance
    YAY!

About Fontsizing..... I noticed that "humungo" problem too... best thing i found was to straight up delete the "[size=xx][/size]" coding all together

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    About Fontsizing..... I noticed that "humungo" problem too... best thing i found was to straight up delete the "[size=xx][/size]" coding all together
    Grant explained:
    Apparently the sizing is not by font size such as 8, 10, 11 12 etc but by multiples of size.....
    so [size=2] means the font is now twice as big as the default font size and [size=3] is three times bigger etc.....

I had [size=16] from the old board which made the font 16x its normal size....LOL

Hope this helps