Code of Conduct

Default smilies and code tags

Who can see these when they post a message? I can, so I know it is an option, but many members can't.

I'm trying to work out why...

If you can see them reply with a 'yes', if you can't - a 'no' will do!

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: smilies and code tags

Grant I can only see the smileys when I use the post reply button....the smileys DO NOT show up if i use the quick reply option

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Gals
    Grant I can only see the smileys when I use the post reply button....the smileys DO NOT show up if i use the quick reply option
    Nor me.

I'll take a look out back.

no.

Explorator Dumpsterorum
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see. I think it may have something to do with the three choices for editor settings in:

User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls

...(for both Opera and IE this option gets you "smiley availability" in the post reply boxes in "Advanced" but not in "Quick Reply")

User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > WYSIWYG

...(this gets you a bona fide live-post simulation with live smilies in the post reply boxes in "Advanced" but not in "Quick Reply" in IE) (This WYSIWYG editor doesn't seem to function correctly in Opera??)

"Basic Editor" is basically just a posting box with no options or smilies at all in either browser?!

YMMV! ...and to make it worse -- I'm such a yutz that I'm not even sure this is what you're talking about, anyway?! Think I'll go get another brewski outta the fridge...

Post Thanks / Like

No I can't and I'm very frustrated(wink-wink!).

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Dan
    Are you using the quick reply or post reply when posting. The smilies don't show up in quick reply. Also if you don't have your settings set to enhanced full wysiwyg I don't think the smilies show up.

Click on your private messages.......on the left it has everything you can edit. Click on Edit options....scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page the box is called miscellaneous options. use the drop down menu and choose enhanced interface ~ Full wysiwyg editing Hit save and next time you post using the reply post button a wsywig editor & smilies should be there......Hope this works.......

Ladylonestar

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Ladylonestar

Just ignore my above post, please. I was playing around with the Quick Reply / Go Advanced options and it just posted itself.

Post Thanks / Like

OH!!!!....So that's where the smilies are in Quick reply.....
    You have to go advanced.....

DUH....slapping myself in forehead......thanks LL

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo_Gals
    OH!!!!....So that's where the smilies are in Quick reply.....
    You have to go advanced.....

DUH....slapping myself in forehead......thanks LL
    I really have no idea, BG. What I did was an accident. Then I couldn't edit the darned thing! I think I need a crash course, too -- vBulletin for Dummies.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: smilies and code tags

You are my Heroes; BG and LLS!!!

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    You are my Heroes; BG and LLS!!!

Dan
    Dang that smil looks mighty nice on you Dan

Quote Ladylonestar "I really have no idea, BG. What I did was an accident. Then I couldn't edit the darned thing! I think I need a crash course, too -- vBulletin for Dummies."

I'm there with you!!!! LOL I swear lately I live in this forum.
    Next thing I know there'll be a cot waiting for me......