Code of Conduct

Question Fumerie Turque -vs- Tea for Two

Which is the superior smoky/sweet scent out of these two heavyweights?

Default Re: Fumerie Turque -vs- Tea for Two

Fumerie Turque gets my vote

Tea for Two without a doubt.

They are so different from each other though. I like the tea and honey combo though so I vote for the Two.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Tea for Two without a doubt.

They are so different from each other though. I like the tea and honey combo though so I vote for the Two.
    Envyus? voting for Tea for Two?? Nah, you gotta be kidding. That's not the Russell I know. Somebody else must have signed onto his computer or something, that just ain't him.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Envyus? voting for Tea for Two?? Nah, you gotta be kidding. That's not the Russell I know. Somebody else must have signed onto his computer or something, that just ain't him.

Ha Ha

I love my L'Artisan. It is my all time fav, so I gotta vote for it.

Thanks for the love Phil

Seems like the obvious answer is get both. Imho they are both must haves.
    m

This must be Russell for sure!
    I couldn't figure him voting for someting else but T42!
    As long as I couldn't figure myself voting for something else but Fumerie Turque!
    Btw, I just wonder where's that good ol' FT Junkie that's Chycat...

I feel FT is a mess and thus far, I am not smitten by tea 4 2.

They're both out of sight but Fumerie Turque is in a world of its own. One of the best fragrances I've ever worn. Many fragrances smell amazing but FT has the ability to put me on a higher plane of awareness and keep me there for a long time. It could be my favorite fragrance of all-time.

Certainly you should own both.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

The entire universe is based upon your ability to conclude the new idea which is the summoning forth of the new life into the new space.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    ........ but Fumerie Turque is in a world of its own. One of the best fragrances I've ever worn. Many fragrances smell amazing but FT has the ability to put me on a higher plane of awareness and keep me there for a long time. It could be my favorite fragrance of all-time.
    I would say the same for Tabac Blonde by Caron. To me TB is more refined and smooth in composition. Lets agree to disagree, afterall, that is what makes things interesting.

i only have a decant of t4t but but...july 1st paris here we go...gotta get some ft .......

I own both but if I had to pick one it would be...

Fumerie Turque

Quote Originally Posted by whitebar
    I own both but if I had to pick one it would be...

Fumerie Turque
    Same here.
    They're so different, you can easily have both. FT is more refined and a true masterpiece. T42 is excellent, too, maybe a bit more casual.

Basenotes Plus

FT, hands down.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thanks for your replies guys.

Seems that FT wins hands down.

Would it be correct to say that FT is a lot more complex frag than T4T?

By the way, found a beautiful review of FT, attached hereto below:-

http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...eview__20.html

Fumerie Turque must be the scent that pervades Eugène Delacroix’s Algerian themed paintings, in which the darkness of shadows frames rich colours. Both the painting and the fragrance are romanticized visions, focusing on the sensual elements. The eye beholds a group women reclining on embroidered pillows, with a narguile smoking next to a bowl of sweetmeats. One woman looks directly at the viewer, the other gazes to the side, as her companion leans closer. What captured is but a moment of an afternoon filled with heat and languor.

Likewise, Fumerie Turque, created by Christopher Sheldrake in 2003, is a composition of sensual character that develops slowly. Nevertheless, its every facet harmoniously segues into another, despite the dark and seemingly uncompromising nature of each accord. Smoky notes soften slowly revealing tobacco leaves soaked in honey and caramel redolent rum.

“Colour gives the appearance of life," said Delacroix, and nothing could be truer of Fumerie Turque. Rose is a vibrant element that lifts the composition, lending it a particularly sensual feel. Floral notes are seamlessly blended into the tapestry of Fumerie Turque, tempering the sweetness of balsams and the darkness of smoke. Translucent ambery notes appear almost immediately, yet as the fragrance dries down, they begin to solidify and darken. Warm vanillic accord is supported by the delicate softness of leather, which lends a decadently luxurious sensation to the elegant drydown.

Notes include currants, white honey, candied Turkish rose, Egyptian jasmine, smoked leather, beeswax, Balkan tobacco, Peru balsam, patchouli, tonka bean, styrax, juniper, vanilla. Fumerie Turque is part of Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido exclusive line. Serge Lutens Almost All Facts is an excellent site where one can learn more about Serge Lutens fragrances.

My vote goes to Tea for Two. Fumerie Turque is too dry and smokey for me to wear on a regular basis. I find TFT warmer and more inviting.

Ahhh...Fumerie Turque is one I will never be without. I find it rich and sensual. It pulls me out of myself and into another world of half-closed eyes and parted lips. It's sweet and dark, developing like the low moans of a lover, and equally to be explored and experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Rose
    Would it be correct to say that FT is a lot more complex frag than T4T?
    To my nose FT is more complex. I get little bits and pieces, where a note pops in for a bit, then disappears. T42, to me, is more straightforward, with less evolution. With the former, I keep sniffing to see what I am going to smell this time; with T42, I feel like once the topnotes have faded and the heart notes set in, I've seen the whole show.

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    To my nose FT is more complex. I get little bits and pieces, where a note pops in for a bit, then disappears. T42, to me, is more straightforward, with less evolution. With the former, I keep sniffing to see what I am going to smell this time; with T42, I feel like once the topnotes have faded and the heart notes set in, I've seen the whole show.
    One of the best things I've read on this site. Simply stated and dead on.

Both are magnificent fragrances, though it's hard for me to compare many with Fumerie Turque.

Jeepers guys, this is one potent thread... methinks Im gonna have to go sample FT, post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by Molecular Diffusion
    I would say the same for Tabac Blonde by Caron. To me TB is more refined and smooth in composition. Lets agree to disagree, afterall, that is what makes things interesting.
    Tabac Blond is amazing. I own 30 ml of prime extrait. It's profoundly transcendental, but to me has an element of sluggishness about it that keeps it from being as uplifting as Fumerie Turque. That could be entirely personal.

Regardless, Tabac Blond is one of the most substantial fragrances I've ever worn. I just put some on the back of my hand. Too bad there aren't more with this depth of quality. Love this stuff man. Ultra-smooth indeed.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th June 2006 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the feedback.