Code of Conduct

Default L'Instant thoughts & Username question

Before the new posting software, my name was LiveJazz. I was obviously not feeling inspired when I first created my account, and soon changed the name. Now, it is calling me "thisguy" again, and I don't know how to change it back!!! Someone help please.

...and so that this topic has something to do with fragrance...I wore L'Instant to work today, and I can't decide if I should be impressed or indifferent. It strikes me as a mix of many other orientals (perhaps equal parts Pi, Jaipur, and Le Male), and it's VERY sweet. Sweet to the point that it SHOULD be annoying, but it wears so close to the skin that it didn't bother me much. Also, what is with this icy and warm at the same time business!? Yeah right. This is a slight mint note for like 10 minutes in the opening, and after that, all I get is sweet and warm. Right now I am unenthusiastically approving of it. Maybe I'll be more impressed come winter.

Default Re: L'Instant thoughts & Username question

HI LiveJazz!
    Well, i think L'Instant is pretty nice! It's one of the best sweet scents I've ever worn! On my skin, the icy note remains in the drydown...

Hi RCavs,
    Wow, you're from Bahia! Very cool. Bom dia! Como vai?

I also like L'Instant very much, as I may have said too many times. Oh, and I really speak Spanish better than Portugues, but I play a mean violao!

Live Jazz,
    PM Grant... he'll hook you up with your "real" name. Exact same thing occurred with me. I think he only does it once, though - after that, you have to stick with it!

Something throws me off of this one. I am not crazy about the bergamot in the top notes and the spice needs reworking but I do like the heart of the fragrance. Do I smell aliphatic molecules? What are they? Aliphatic molecules are comprised of a chain of carbons with no rings that has many substiuents. I am probably wrong but gosh, I do love the way the heart smells and for some reason, it smells familar? It has puzzled me what scent memory this is triggering?
    Last edited by Molecular Diffusion; 23rd June 2006 at 04:00 AM. Reason: type-errors

One other question. Can we still link from the board to each other's wardrobe? If so, how? If not, will that feature be back soon?

edit: nevermind; question answered

L'Instant gets compliments every time when I wear it. I always feel good when I spray this on.

I'm really coming around on L'instant. It's really nice in the summer and the structure and playfullness of it are definitely growing on me. I feel like if it were from any other house I would be entirely positive about it. The problem is that it's a Guerlain. I think it's a handicap for the frag because I'm not judging it only as a scent but as an offering from this particular house. Somehow it just seems a little bit well behaved and simple coming from Guerlain.
    m

Funny, I think of Guerlain as an exceptionally well-behaved house. Then again, my judgement is based on L'Instant and Habit Rouge, both of which I find rather oxford-shirt-with-navy-blue-suit. I do agree that L'Instant is a superlative summer oriental. The only other orientals I wear nowadays are CK Contradiction and Geir and Bulgari Black (only evenings for the last two).

Not to threadjack but since two of you are from Bahia, have ya'll heard of Bahiana colgne? I just ordered a bottle after smelling a sample someone(?) sent me. What a gorgeous, and 'strong' fragrance. It's an impelling scent, at least to me.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by marczilla
    I'm really coming around on L'instant. It's really nice in the summer and the structure and playfullness of it are definitely growing on me. I feel like if it were from any other house I would be entirely positive about it. The problem is that it's a Guerlain. I think it's a handicap for the frag because I'm not judging it only as a scent but as an offering from this particular house. Somehow it just seems a little bit well behaved and simple coming from Guerlain.
    m
    LOL, I think I know what you're saying, not overly complex as in their previous offerings with that dash of weirdness.

If you sniff Heritage, it's not overly done as well so there is a bit of a trend happening here...which reminds me, I need to find myself a bottle of Heritage EdP!!

Hi LiveJazz!

Funny thing! I just tried logging in and forgot my password so I asked for a new one. They sent me a new one with the option of changing it. I assume you can do the same with your log in name.

I am also wearing L'Instant now and have the same impression. I put it on 11 hours ago (weather: 23C sunny, low humidity) and am still indifferent. It reminds me very much of Dior Homme but less sweet. I really want to like it so I will try it when it's hot or cold outside. Let me know what you decide...