Code of Conduct

Talking Sample Giveaway for new supporters

Hi everybody, we have a thread going on the mens side started by Stuigi for sample/mini/decant giveaways for the next 10 Basenotes supporters.

Here is the link:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=183530
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Default Re: Sample Giveaway for new supporters

I was recently given some nice ladies' frags by two very sweet gals- musse/Eva and Tinker424/Allie. I will therefore jump back in and offer free decants to three of the next new Supporting members. My girlfriend can't possibly use all of the frags I have given her and this is a good way to encourage the support. Those who signed on to the thread on the men's board will help me sort out who the next one's would be. So let's go ladies, don't be shy, sign up and grab some freebies while the grabbin' is good! Stu

I'm new to this but I do not understand.
    1) why would someone (musse/Eva and Tinker424/Allie) just give anybody perfume?
    2) how is it a freebie if you have to pay to be a supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleStar
    I'm new to this but I do not understand.
    1) why would someone (musse/Eva and Tinker424/Allie) just give anybody perfume?
    2) how is it a freebie if you have to pay to be a supporter?
    Hi NicoleStar,

Welcome to Basenotes .

For a site like this, with over 5500 members worldwide, it takes finances to run. Grant started this as a hobby as I understand it, but the cost to keep this going has gone up also. Becoming a supporter for a nominal fee, helps keep this going. Becoming a supporter is totally voluntary. A number of members , including me have become supporters, because we love this site and the community. We want to keep this going and growing.

Stuigi, Joel_Cairo, Buffalo_ gal, and I (and if there are others doing it I apologize if I did not include your name) are offering the samples/decants at our cost, so it is a freebie to new supporters from supporting members like us.

You do get some other benefits by becoming a member also.

I hope this answers your questions, if not please feel free to post your thoughts again.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I'm surprised at the lack of response to this thread. During my research over the past few weeks, women's frag dominate the market with variety and volume. It's a bit odd than that men dominate these boards.

I entered the women's forum looking for some frags for my daughter. She's 16 years old and very picky already. Recently while shopping Nordstroms, she received 4-5 samples of what the elderly sales rep. thought my daughter might enjoy. After wearing the different frags a couple of times she decided that none of them were what she was looking for...they were all "too sweet"

Please accept my support to the site on my daughter's behalf. If any of the samples being offered might be acceptable to my daughter, I'd be happy to accept them, but if they are in the category of "sweet", please reserve them for future supporters.

Thanks, I really enjoy this site. If anyone has any recommendations for my daughter, please send me a message...Thanks again
    Last edited by CuyahogaJoe; 28th September 2006 at 04:42 PM.

I got CuyahogaJoe! Samples going out for his daughter.
    Last edited by stuigi; 28th September 2006 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Contact made

I just got a year's membership here. I don't know if I am in the window of opportunity or not, but I did want to repay this community for all the reviews I have read and all the information I have learned from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie
    I just got a year's membership here. I don't know if I am in the window of opportunity or not, but I did want to repay this community for all the reviews I have read and all the information I have learned from you.
    Natalie, Please send me your address by sending me a PM. I will send you some samples .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Sample Giveaway for new supporters

Wow! It's mighty quiet in here isn't it?! All plush and 'hushed' like some chic elegant salon....

::looking around in awe at the advertising free supporter's forum::

I feel like I have ARRIVED!! LOL!

I know it is terribly gauche to ask... but may I get a bunch of samples please?
    Last edited by moondeva; 16th October 2006 at 11:55 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Hey, Moondeva, PM me your addy and I will send you some samples from your to test list. maisonstinky will attest that sometimes I am slow to completely stuck, but not usually {hangs head}. I have Timbuktu now!

THANK YOU to Maison Stinky for the incredibly generous assortment of samples that I received. It was much more than I expected and I truly appreciate your generosity.

Really wonderful of you and an incredible bonus.
    -- "A fool would know that with tweeds one wears gold, and that with evening clothes one wears platinum."
    The Duchess of Windsor

-- "The thing that impresses me most about America is the way parents obey their children."
    The Duke of Windsor "