Code of Conduct

Default Insolence Guerlain.

From WWD.com

Name: Insolence.
    Brand: Guerlain (LVMH).
    Nose: Guerlain's Sylvaine Delacourte and Maurice Roucel.
    Packaging: Serge Manseau.

Concept: The idea, behind Insolence, was the beginning of the world, the Big Bang from a feminine perspective. Guerlain wanted to present Hilary Swank (The face of Insolence) as a modern-day Venus. In the TV ads Swank is shown swaying. Flashes of light illuminate a close-up of her face and the Insolence bottle. Maurice Roucel also created L'Instant for Guerlain. If L'Instant targeted women around 35, Insolence is for even younger women around 25.

The actual juice will be a lighter shade of pink than in this giant dummy bottle.

Insolence is a fruity-floral:
    top: violet
    heart: red berries including raspberry
    base: Iris and tonka bean ("Guerlinade" or signature Guerlain base-note)

Launch: August in the USA and September in the rest of the world.

Wink Re: Insolence Guerlain.

i'm looking forward to the actual scent of it but oh that bottle,
    the irony is that is aesthetically insulting!...
    talk about an unconfortable bottle! i hope that this bottle design changes...

Default Re: Insolence Guerlain.

I'm afraid it won't change much...

Here is the definitive design.(Image from cosmeticsnews.com)

I wonder why Guerlain went to Serge Manseau for this project, after all they just started to work with Herve Van der Straeten who designed the very successful KissKiss lipstick last year. Mr Van der Straeten also designed Dior's J'Adore bottle.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 29th June 2006 at 10:41 PM.

Oh dear I will have to hide my pension book when I go to sample this one!!! LOL

Sorry the notes look interesting but I bet it ends up smelling like the rest of the newbies out there released for the 25- market.
    DONNA

Thanks for the news, Cedric!

Given that Maurice Roucel made Insolence, I will have to try it. All the scents I tried from him are very well made and I adore Tocade (in fact, if I didn't know Tocade already, I probably would have been all over l'Instnat). The only thing is - it probably is not going to smell like Guerlain. Just like all the new perfumes ever since Jean-Paul Guerlain retired to attend to his Neroli groves and Ylang Ylang forests around the world

It's funny, I went to the Guerlain counter at The Bay a few days ago to ask them when Insolence will be launched, and all they knew was that there will be a new perfume coming out in September, but it's a big secret what the name will be. Guerlain must be keeping its secrets only from its sales people than, that's a smart move LOL!

I'd love to slam it because I'm miffed with the decision to no longer export Apres L'Ondee, but I LOVE Shalimar Light so I have high hopes for this. I still haven't sniffed L'Instant.

More news was posted today on www.moodiereport.com (fragrances section), including the ad that was already featured on Nowsmellthis.

Swank is represented as the goddess Venus in the ad.
    Last edited by cedriceccentric; 29th June 2006 at 10:43 PM.

I like the bottle but Hilary Swank is not exactly my idea of Venus.

Will give Insolence a niff, though.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Well she does look nice in that ad

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo
    Well she does look nice in that ad
    Nice, yes, but "nice" is not exactly the word for the goddess of beauty and love, is it?

hehehe... I think that Swank is perfect for the fact that the name of the fragrance is INSOLENCE... but yeah she looks more like Hera to me! Powerful and vengeful and insolent shall we say
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I HATE the name, too close to OBSTINANCE. I hear the word insolence and I'm put off to the scent.

well yeah it's true but i like the way she looks in this ad. she does not have that masculine figure as she does

I too think she looks very interesting in the add... even bautiful... but, like I already said to me she's all HERA, a bit angry, a bit insolent, a bit adventurous and a lot musculine as well as feminine... very strong and powerful... No, VENUS she's not!

The scent however does not sound interesting all that much (I could be wrong though)... but I do like the bottle... kinda weird looking, but I like that kind of thing
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Are they done using the Bee Bottles? If they put Insolence in a Bee Bottle then it's going on my Christmas wishlist no matter how stinky the juice.

Ahhh... what happened to Hilarys hair in that Ad?
    My God...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Ahhh... what happened to Hilarys hair in that Ad?
    My God...
    It grow very fast because it had to hide her most womanly possessions. LOL!

Though I like the bottle one thing about it bothers me: it is not as much a Guerlain bottle as a Lancôme bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Though I like the bottle one thing about it bothers me: it is not as much a Guerlain bottle as a Lancôme bottle.
    True!
    Why didn't they use Hervé Van der Straeten who designed the new KissKiss lipstick?

Talking Re: Insolence Guerlain.

I have a bottle. It's a "cute" bottle. It has a kind of "spiral" drydown instead of top, middle, and bottom notes. Very fruity floral and very addictive. I usually do not like that category as it isn't what I call a "serious" perfume but I DO in fact believe it'll sell well. I actually wore it for 3 days. I cannot do that with most perfumes. So..................although I don't think I'll ever put it on the TOP of my list.....it's a FUN perfume.

what? it's out already?

Basenotes Plus

Question Re: Insolence Guerlain.

Excuse me for "butting in" but what does the name of the frag "Insolence" & the "big bang" & "Venus" or "Goddess of Beauty" have to do with one another?

Wink Re: Insolence Guerlain.

No. It's not out yet. I happen to have a friend who works for Guerlain though. I've tested it.