Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What frags do you wish others would wear?

There are some fragrances I like to smell on an occasional or regular basis, but don't care to wear, either because they don't suit me or because I wouldn't want all-day exposure. Happy Heart, for example, is pleasing to run into, but turns sour on me. Do you have similar experiences with women's or men's scents?
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Default Re: What frags do you wish others would wear?

Ohh Quarry there are so many!

I think everyone around me should wear M7 by YSL & Bellodgia by Caron for starters... (more to come)
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like

I have not tried many female scents yet, but I would love to smell ANY Creed on someone else. Very curious also as to what Ambre Sultan and Arabie smell like on someone else. I can't wait for Heather (partner) to try her sample of A La Nuit, but she has a cold and I'll have to make do with smelling Ricola.

Where I live I don't often smell scents on people, which is a shame, because for me 99% it makes my day. *But.....
    Having said that, one of my co-workers in a twist of defiance from tag spraying, wore Obsession today. He commutes with me and it was pleasant all the way, I made sure to tell him.

I sometimes wonder how different I concieve a scent on me, as compared to what the other people are 'getting'. This might sound selfish, but I would like to smell how other people smell Royal English Leather on me. Ha ha, pretty much the same thing I imagine.

* - (Don't start sentences with "But")

Bulgari Black. On me, it smells like a condom, but on other people, it's a really great, complex scent.

A lot of the Carons that I've tried are really beautiful, but something in my personality just won't support a heavy, animalic base.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: What frags do you wish others would wear?

I have a friend who wears Obsession very well, on her it is a delight, on me it's not recognisable as the same fragrance, it stinks. Our tastes in fragrance are so different but I do like her choices when she wears them: CK Eternity, the Chanels Chance and Coco, and also one of the Estee Lauders, either Beautiful or Knowing. One fragrance I still like but don't have anymore is Armani She - it's gorgeous on the right person, as is JPG Classique. I might tire of Bulgari Eau Parfumee Extreme if I wore it but it is still a great scent I'd like anyone to wear!
    In general I do like it when I smell big, blowsy fragrances on women who wear them with style and I like very fresh clean scents on men as opposed to heavy woodsy frags.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I mis-read the question. Will repost.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 19th October 2006 at 02:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There are many of them but I will handpick a few special ones.

Diorissimo - smells great on my mother, but doesn't seem to work for me.
    Millesime Imperial - smells lovely on men but smells like a pile of old clothes unwashed old clothes on my skin.
    Gucci Envy for men - it is one of my favourite man's frags and I am in love with this scent.

Aromatic Elixir is one that is best smelled from afar and not up close, on one's self, I find. If there was a coogne strength formula I might pull it off, but as it is I bask at the sillage of others.

I would really like to smell rich scents that do not follow trends more.

While I appreciate Mitsouko (a fragrance rarely smelled on others), it would never smell on me the way it smelled on a sixty-ish woman dressed a la Taos in blue denim and chambray workshirt, with turquoise necklace and chic silver bob.

The recognition startled me. I am not versed in the Sephora-type fragrances and think all teenage girls smell exactly alike, or at least are chewing the same gum. To catch a definable Mitsouko on someone's vapor trail was simply a delight.

i like smelling Fahrenheit on other people. It's so spicy and sexy.

also

D & G's Light Blue because it reminds me of my friend Pam.

but this scents i will never wear. I just like smelling them on others.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

I wish more women would wear Clinique's Aromatics Elixir, Estee Lauder's Private Collection, Givenchy's Ysatis, Creed's Fleurissimo, Laroche's Fidgi, Givenchy's Organza and Caron's Bellodgia.

I wish more men would wear Yves St. Laurent's Body Kouros and M7, Givenchy's Gentleman, Chanel's Egoiste, Creed's Bois de Portugal, and Bond No. 9's Bleecker Street.

I wish that no one anywhere would ever again wear Thierry Mugler's A*men.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish people would try to be a little more individualistic. I love smelling something that is a total surprise. I really enjoy clean fragrances on other people because I can't wear them at all ( they always smell like I've dabbed a little Tide behind each ear). I have not been able to enjoy fragrances that I wear on other people very often. Most of the time ( as in the case of my Mother and Sister-in-Law ) they have chosen something they think smells good on me without really testing it to see how it works with their body chemistry. It's nice to smell someone and think " WOW they smell fabulous" . Most of the time I don't even ask what they have on....somehow it just ruins the experience.

I know what you mean. For example, my granddad can't smell vanilla extract without getting a little weepy, as that's my (late) grandmother used to wear during the Depression (when few could afford cologne). Sounds funny now, but it really takes him back and -- according to him -- it really worked with her body chemistry. (Or maybe just anything smelled better than some cheap potion of the period, such as Evening in Paris -- I dunno.)

Another example: my other half loves A*men by Thierry Mugler as much as I revile it. He has the common courtesy to never wear it around me, as I detest it AND it gives me splitting headaches. That said, though, it works for him. Same with another friend, Lori, and her old favorite, Tabu by Dana. Me? I'd rather smell battery acid on rotting corpses. But Lori swears that Tabu works for her, and garners her tons of compliments.
    Ah, bien -- chaque a son gout.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 19th October 2006 at 01:43 PM.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    I know what you mean. For example, my granddad can't smell vanilla extract without getting a little weepy, as that's my (late) grandmother used to wear during the Depression (when few could afford cologne). Sounds funny now, but it really takes him back and -- according to him -- it really worked with her body chemistry. (Or maybe just anything smelled better than some cheap potion of the period, such as Evening in Paris -- I dunno.)
    Thanks for sharing that touching story.

Post Thanks / Like

I must slow down when I read. I answered the question wrong and listed perfumes that smell good on me.
    Which do I NOT wear that I want to smell other people wearing?
    Chanel No. 5 and Coco (original) just smell ho-hum on me, but I truly wish they didn't.
    The "drug" perfumes: Opium, Addict, Poison didn't blend well on me, sat "on top" of my skin. I was jealous of everyone who wore them.
    Armani Mania is simple, gorgeous, and light on me, too light. I wish more people would wear that.
    Prada, I flipped over that one on paper, but it was sweet, and uninspiring on me. Still like it, though.
    Lorenzo Villoresi Musk was too clean for me, but I especially like it on men.
    Diptique Virgilio was refreshing but sweet on me, whereas other people got "dry." I love to smell greens on people. I can only wear some.
    Agent Provocateur is fantastic, but the vetiver gets too dry on me. Really sexy if you can pull it off.

Post Thanks / Like

L'Artisan d'Humeur Reveuse. I think the demand for this should be so widespread and huge that L'Artisan is inspired to release it on its own, in a large bottle. (It is currently available only in a 15 ml bottle as part of the "Mood Swings" set.)

d'Humeur Reveuse (or Lazy Mood) is an utterly enchanting fragrance - almost haunting - and it's calming, as its name suggests. I love it deeply and I wear every drop from my tiny bottle sparingly, and only on occasion, for fear of a sudden discontinuation of the coffret.

This is not to be missed if you're a Giacobetti fan! As a fragrance it's an entity.

Post Thanks / Like

When others wear Angel lightly I like it very much. On me however, it's always a disaster- even lightly applied.

Really think Jolie Madame and L'Heure Bleu are beautiful on the right chemistry (not mine) and could certainly stand to be in the presence of those who can pull them off.

Love Egoiste and Obsession pour Homme on the right chemistry too! YUM.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Post Thanks / Like

Scents I can`t wear myself, but appreciate on others are L`Air du Temps, Angel, Trouble, Estée and Roma.
    (btw I DO wish to smell Kouros on hubby, but he refuses to wear any frag at all...guess he thinks I smell enough for both of us )

As promised, I am adding to my previous two: M7 by YSL & Bellodgia by Caron

I wish more women would wear:

Opium, Fendi, Gucci Rush, 24, Faubourg, Paloma Picasso & Noa - they don't do anything for me, but I love the way they smell on other women...

On men apart from M7 I also love to smell:

Balman, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, π & Rochas Man
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Rochas Man
    Ye-ye-ye-yee-es!