Code of Conduct

Default Knize Ten or Antaeus?

I love them both, and can't decide which to wear. Also, in the heat I don't know if either are appropriate during the day. I went to Paragon (sporting goods store in NYC) today, and one of the SAs was wearing Knize Ten- Maybe thats a sign!

Of course that's a sign, Knize Ten rules. I didn't like it at all when I first tested it, but I didn't like Antaeus as well when I first tested it.

The difference is, I NOW love Knize Ten and bought a bottle, but Antaeus I still keep sampling and sampling and asking myself what, what - WHAT?? was it that kept all those posters say those things .... it's not bad, no - but I really can't see - sorry - can't smell the HYPE here at all .... it's almost too common in terms of "don't you do anything wrong or I ...... "

Do or die it seems. I rather die before chosing Antaeus before Knize Ten.

yikes!!! Antaeus is night and day better IMO

Knize Ten.

One squirt lasts all day, and I can douse myself with Anteus and not smell it an hour later. I know other guys have a different experience.

I'd have to go with Antaeus--a much better and more wearable fragrance for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jerd
    I love them both, and can't decide which to wear. Also, in the heat I don't know if either are appropriate during the day. I went to Paragon (sporting goods store in NYC) today, and one of the SAs was wearing Knize Ten- Maybe thats a sign!
    Hi Jerd! You are new also so welcome! I have not smelled knize ten but I love antaeus on a cool fall day!

Antaeus, of course--but in the heat?

Not familiar with Knize Ten. Is it mainly available in the States?

Antaeus is in my opinion one of the two all time greats from Chanel.

The other being the original Pour Monsieur

Antaeus has roses so it hás to be Antaeus

It`s Antaeus for me, most definitely.

I`m not a fan of Knize Ten at all. The drydown keeps making it better and better, but after all, the damage is already done during the first couple of hours after application...

I don't wear either frequently but both are amazing creations. Many people would be surprised by Knize Ten. Has a dynamic presence on the skin. An extremely high-quality fragrance and one of the very best leathers. "Bug spray" is often used to describe the top notes. Never bothered me. They say the same thing about Bel Ami. Another great one.
    Last edited by pluran; 22nd June 2006 at 03:58 PM.

Default Re: Knize Ten or Antaeus?

I've never smelled Knize Ten, but I'm a huge Antaeus fan. I find it very wearable and versatile for all kinds of occasions and in all kinds of weather.

--Steve
    Last edited by SmellsLike; 22nd June 2006 at 02:28 PM.
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Quote Originally Posted by Molecular Diffusion
    Hi Jerd! You are new also so welcome! I have not smelled knize ten but I love antaeus on a cool fall day!
    Thanks- Knize Ten is insane, it starts off completelyu crazy, but then dries down to an amazing leather cinnamon.

Quote Originally Posted by 180gVinyl
    Not familiar with Knize Ten. Is it mainly available in the States?

Antaeus is in my opinion one of the two all time greats from Chanel.

The other being the original Pour Monsieur
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120914.html

Antaeus all the way.

Both are great, but Antaeus is a little easier to wear, though neither work in the heat on me.

Cool Re: Knize Ten or Antaeus?

Antaeus...so many sequential vowels...

Both are great. I like the Knize and think it's the better fragrance, but it's more old fashioned. Antaeus has a (comparatively) more modern (yet strictly classic) feel to it. I prefer it when I don't want all the leather smell, which is a note I do not favor. Knize is more stoic and formal. Rustic, even. It all depends on your taste and occasion. I got the Knize Ten from a Caswell-Massey catalog a couple years ago. I don't believe they have it anymore though.

It is really tough picking between the two, but I think Antaeus is superior. On me at least, Antaeus is pretty subtle and wearable. There is a slight sweetness running through the frag, my guess it is the beeswax or honey. Paco Rabanne is similar in that respect, but I think it is more obvious in Antaeus. I really like the harshness of the herbs. When my body heats up, the frankincense comes out.

Knize Ten is also delight to wear. I like the top notes, and the mandarin manages to hang tight with this frag. The spices are pretty noticable. I think of K10 as more of a tobacco frag (and identified it as a tobacco frag in a Mystery Scent Challenge, not a leather). It isn't terribly complex IMHO, but I don't think it suffers much from it. However, it is the lack of complexity which makes me give the nod to Antaeus over it.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio