Code of Conduct

Default Poltergeist in the system

OK......
    I am subscribed to my own sale thread and I am not getting email notifications when someone posts to it.

Also......I subscribed to the for sale forum.....Surprise surprise ......LOL
    and I was getting email notifications and suddenly they stopped. I checked and now it shows me as not subscribed & I had to resubscribe to the forum......How did that happen???

Anyone else experience weird goings on????

Diane

Default Re: Poltergeist in the system

OK......
    I sort of figured out the email notifivation issue for thread....in that i see how to change preference for type of notification in the thread tools......
    but how do i subsribe to a thread as i post or must it be done after posting

and I DEFINITELY subscribed to the SALE FORUM as i had gotten email notifications and they stopped.
    is there a time limit....Something went awry but i have no idea what

Diane

If your default is for some sort of email notification, then simply participating in a thread (replying or starting) subscribes you to that thread. Or, if you want to subscribe without participating, use the Thread Tools drop down menu.

I have my default set to instant email notification......
    I did actually go into the sale thread after Email notification so it should have notified me of the next new post and it didn't......hmmmm

I just changed mine to instant email notification to see if I can pick up on anything that will help you. I'm also interested in seeing if Jelsoft changed the behavior of the links in this new version. In the past, the linking method was less than reliable.

BTW, on another vBulletin board I participate in, I keep my notification set to daily. I find it much more reliable and complete. But that is an earlier version.

Andrew thanks so much for your help......
    I am a techno dolt LOL but i knew i hadn't changed anything yet changes seem to have happened......for example I am subscribed to this thread but I got no notification of your reply to my post......I just happened to wander into the help section to see what other good tips I could glean and saw you had responded to me.

ok......I THINK (hoping) I figured out the forum scription problem. It seems
    everytime I close the basenotes window and then later open basenotes.....
    My forum subscription has been undone. I keep having to resubscribe each time I reenter basenotes. Hope it is an easy fix