Code of Conduct

Default Armani Mania and Code

I was trying out these 2 yesterday at the department store and was wondering if anyone here use them and which one you think is better?

I sprayed Mania on my left wrist and Code on my right. Mania is more subdue, while Code is really loud and bold, but an hour after drydown - its the complete opposite. Mania is still doing its best projecting the scent, while Code has fallen asleep, I could barely detect it.

However I have to say, Code's creamy vanilla drydown is really soothing. But it stays too close to the skin, and has longevity problem. Mania is really just an updated Emporio White, its better but they are too much alike. What really surprises me is that Mania has the exact drydown of Creed's MI - that dirty note is very pronounce!

Default Re: Armani Mania and Code

I like Code better. It is softer and more warm/seductive. It is great for evenings and dates. I've gotten many great reactions from it. It is way powdery though. This is the only frag with so much powder that I still enjoy.

I prefer Mania, and have bought a bottle.

Code, to me, smelt harsh and the top notes conflicted for a good time after I sprayed it on (to use a cliche: almost sweat-like), before fading into a smooth, almost creamy, tonka base. Mania, I can use any time. It's subtle, discreet, and stays fresh; definitely merits attention and draws people in for more.

I like Code better - it's like drinking a tropical cocktain on a sunny beach.

Mania reminds me too much of burning rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    I like Code better - it's like drinking a tropical cocktain on a sunny beach.

Mania reminds me too much of burning rubber.
    I suppose you need all the allusions of warmth you can possibly get, being north of the border.

Right, you've made my mind up for me; Mania for me today! I must have something strange going on in my olfactory senses, but it just instantly makes me feel refreshed, invigorated, and somehow seductive - in spite of that dirt accord that in ways reminds me of stepping out in the winter, after the rain.

I love Mania to death! It's my number one most complemented scent, check my wardrobe. I used Mania since 2002 until 2005. I took a break and bought a whole bunch of scents that I thought I could replaced. Since 2005 I've been using Armani Code(girls hate the top notes, they said it was weird and harsh like bug spray but the dry down is wonderful, sadly the sillage is poor,I think I finished a big bottle in 1 month)Creed G.I.T(no compliment) Silver Mountain Water(no compliement) Escada Sentiment(No compliment) Lacoste PH (no compliment) Aramis Life (No Compliment) Gai Mattiolo Uomo(lots of compliments) Rive Gauche Pour Homme (lots of compliment) Roma Uomo (lots and lots of compliment) Gigli Man(lots of compliment) Swiss Army original (some compliments).

So my most complimented scents are:

Armani Mania
    Gai Mattiolo Uomo
    Laura Biagotti Roma Uomo( I love this so much!)
    Gigli Man(the one with the hand writting on the bottle)
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme
    YSL Pour Homme

You've made a good choice but sadly found out that teh 2006 Mania that I bought is waaaay weaker than the original that I bought in 2002 when it came out. The 2006 is more alcoholy and watery and to me it reminds me a tiny bit of the original Giorgio Armani For men original(the green juice). But the girls still love it. I was making out with a girl two weeks go and she just couldn't stop sniffing my chest. I do spray it like a body spray because it's so weak and respray during the day that I was with her. She loves the scent!

Blog Entries

I tested Mania a couple weeks ago. I REALLY liked the topnotes, but the basenotes just seemed rather dull on my skin. Maybe it was my nose playing tricks on me, I don't know. And I've tried Code before, and it didn't really do anything for me. I've heard Code compared to Brit which I adore though, so I may give both Mania and Code second chances on down the line.

I say Mania. It's a charmer.

I don't like Code at all.

I reaaly like the way Mania smells. However, it's just too light and short lasting when I wear it. I would like a concentree version.

Armania Mania is currently in my top 5. I find it to be very suitable for work--sharp in a refined way, masculine yet highly civilized. I find myself reaching for it more and more, and for my niche scents less and less...a really good-smelling, versatile man's scent at a very reasonable price....how can you go wrong!

Mania no contest

I've had both and i much prefer code. Mania is very weak in my experience and smells nice but quite ordinary. Code lasts very well on me and is quite sophistocated & relatively uinque compared to the masses of citrussy aquatics out there. It's a good evening cologne, mania seems strictly office wear to me...

I recommend you wear mania like a body spray. I spray a whole bunch before putting on my clothings, on my chest, whole front body, on my back and arms. I put my undershirt and spray some more on my undershirt, mind you that I've used my new bottle of mania for about 3 times and I already used a quarter of a bottle. I bring it with me and spray some more in the toilet when I'm on a date or I bring it to the office and spray some more during the day. This way it will last you all through the night.

Try it when you are with a girl or a whole bunch of girls. To basenoters discerning noses it does smell a little bit generic but I've yet to find anything that equal the charms and compliments that I've gotten from Mania. Your date,girlfriend,ladyfriends will love it especially if you cuddle up!

Mania is better (for me). Very refined, classy, formal but easy to wear.

Mania is much better according to me. I feel code is crap in comparison! I was just mentioning that I like mania pretty good but an even better choice of the same flavor is cartier declaration.

Thanks for all the feedback! I guess Mania won, Code is not bad - but Mania does have an edge over it. I can't understand why I have ignored Mania for the last few years, I have sampled it many times and thought it smells like all the citrus out there. Only recently that I have sample it properly, and it really is good. Mania is very Armani, quinessential Armani. Most of Armani's fragrance has a very distinct powdery, milky, creamy base - I think thats a trademark. Code is Armani's only oriental, which is why the full-cream powder is exaggerated.

Talking Re: Armani Mania and Code

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyu
    I recommend you wear mania like a body spray. I spray a whole bunch before putting on my clothings, on my chest, whole front body, on my back and arms.

Ah...no. I don't shower myself with perfume. As much as I'd like to share your mania over mania, I want to keep my enthusiasm under control!

Hahaha, but I bet you will do what I did, sooner or later my friend!

I have to buck this trend. Code is much better.

Mania is so frickin' weak! Smells pleasant, I wore it to my last job interview, very professional, but so faint.

Code is a nice oriental that is good for year 'round. AND YOU CAN ACTUALLY SMELL IT!

Gimme Code. I'm wearing it now.

I wore armani mania when it first came out...used that bottle up...wore code when it first came out...used that bottle up. Impression: safe scents that women love...suitable for the work place cause I wore them to work in a hospital...the testing ground for fragrances....however, if I can wear them to work, that's not exactly a good thing IMHO...very very safe...not exactly what I like in a frag but that's just me. There is just something about Armani scents that women love....don't understand it cause they are so plain to me...never had anything but complements when I wore them...but I haven't worn them for over a year...and the ADG just stays on the shelf in case my girl complains about the more over the top scents.

Mania wins this dilema easy!

I have to give my vote to Code. I find Mania very nice, very pleasant, inoffensive, great for the office, but fairly linear and boring. Maybe the ladies like it, but I find Code is more complex--the opening that's a little like Cool Water, then the spice, the aniseed and the wood. I think the counterpoint between the citrus and the aniseed, backed by the wood, is what I really like about it. Now, if my girlfriend wanted me to wear Mania, I would!

I have both, but enjoy Mania more. I was really disappointed with Black Code (hey, that's what MY bottle says!) when I first got it before it hit the shelves, whereas Mania drew me in from the get go (I seem to like a lot of scents that have saffron in them). I have grown to like (Black) Code, but ultimately prefer Mania and am hoping to try the "fresh" version sometime soon.

I much prefer Code only wished it lasted longer on me.

Talking Re: Armani Mania and Code

I prefer Code it last longer on me (10-12 hours easily). It is just a compliment getter...it works in the evening very well.

Both are very nice, I like them both, but Mania can make it through 5-6 hours of wear, I am lucky if I get 2 hours with Code.

Mania by a mile. Code is too powdery and not really outstanding IMO.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I'd like to amend my comparison slightly. I still prefer Code, but I haven't given Mania a full wear yet...yesterday, it was just a test on the wrist, but I plan to do a full test tomorrow, I think. (I'm sure I tried it years ago but passed on it for some unknown reason.) As the day wore on (after my comparison), I noticed that Mania got softer (in a good sense), and fuller...the citrus receded, and I was left with (I think) more of the cedar, amber and musk. You may think I'm nuts, but the drydown reminded me just a little of Czech & Speake 88. Very pleasant, and I can see how a woman might like to cuddle up to me with this on.

Bottom line, I definitely think there's room in my wardrobe for both Code and Mania.

I like Mania better, but it's just not my style (that's why it's on my swap list).

Code Pour Homme is the one that stays with me while Mania Pour Homme stays close to the skin.....I like Code better, and to add while we are talking Armani, Attitude is one that really works for me. This really brings compliments....I also like all of the Emporio line that I have......Emporio He, Night He, White He and City Glam He. I will purchase Emporio Red when it launches.....Thanks, Gary

im going with CODE without problems... MANIA is a great fragance but is too serious to me and not my style....

Mania hands down

code is very powdery in a different kinda way...spicey powdery i guess.

not my thing.

vote for mania. little more of my style.
    Last edited by G Man; 4th June 2007 at 07:03 AM.