Code of Conduct

Thumbs up New chypre for Givenchy: Amarige Mariage.

From WWD.com

Not only is Givenchy going to launch Ange ou Démon in September but it's also going to launch a new variation (again) on it's classic Amarige franchise in August.

Name: Amarige Mariage (an anagram of Amarige).
    Brand: Givenchy Parfums (LVMH).
    Composed by Symrise.

Amarige Mariage is a !!!Chypre Oriental!!!:
    Top: Sicilian bitter orange and Calabrian bergamot
    Heart: magnolia and Egyptian jasmine
    Base: patchouli, Siam benzoin and sandalwood.

The bottle is intended to resemble a feminine shape, and the silver-hued neck is intended to evoke a wedding ring.

Unhappy Re: New chypre for Givenchy: Amarige Mariage.

Amarige Mariage! That's the another one launch for Givenchy this year beside Ange au Demon. I have to say that I do not like the name at all!

Default Re: New chypre for Givenchy: Amarige Mariage.

The notes sound quite good but I haven't had much luck with Givenchys. Still, might give it a sniff.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I just tried this fragrance today and am totally in love. I will now be on the hunt for more cypre orientals!
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

I've tried them both and don't like either one. Not sure what that means since I'm new to all this.
    Always remember you are unique; just like everyone else.

I like Ange ou Demon, but I wasn't moved to buy it because it was similar to Alien to me except it is more on the spice side. Alien is sweet on me. AOD has a wonderful dry down on me. I have never been too fond of any of the Amarige perfumes especially since a former manager, who I couldn't stand, use to wear it every day.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

A friend was a sa for Givenchy, now works for Mugler.

Ange was on both of us orange cream soda. On the other sa it was a lovely saffron.

Mariage is just plain boring. I got a little excited at the thought of chypre but this is main stream modern idea of what a chypre is. So in other words nothing like a real chypre at all.

Sadly I think Givenchy couldn't make a great fragrance these days if one walked up and offered its self to them!
    DONNA

I got a sample of Mariage last week and tried it yesterday. Its no vial but a small sachet without any indications of its contens. As I spilled all the EdP over my left hand, I was able to test it quite well ... it must have been about 1 ml (argh!). Mariage starts off quite fresh and deepens into a light oriental base. I found it pleasant - luckily, I would have had a problem had it made me sick.
    As I sampled Organza Indecence around christmas, I noticed that I already knew Mariage´s basenote. Does Givenchy have a signature smell in their perfumes then? I don´t know any other Givenchys.
    Overall I liked Mariage, but that´s about it. It is likeable.

I´m still debating, if I should invest in a bottle of Organza Indecence ... its only availavble in 100 ml (3,4 oz?).

I didn't think that I liked chypres untill I tried this. Now I am really on the hunt. I don't think I could wear this everyday (DH and I both prefer niche fragrances) but I was very thankful for the experience.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer