Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Parfumeur 'Dzongkha'???

Just found this post at Now Smell This:

"Hi,
    If you like woody incense fragrances, I've just tried the brand new L'Artisan Parfumeur 'Dzongkha' (expected : September 15th in Paris). It is really interesting. Dzongkha is actually the name of Kingdom of Bhutan's language. The scent, created by Bertrand Duchaufour (who already did the great Timbuktu) is a combination of incense, papyrus, leather, tchai (Indian tea with milk), vetiver, spices and a hint of peony/rose for a velvety effect. Orange is the color of the label of this surprising olfactory travel.
    I'm sure many of you will simply love it.
    ambroxan"

Does anyone have more info on this, sounds amazing!!!
    And I haven´t ven had the chance to try the absinthe one yet...

MMM

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur 'Dzongkha'???

Sounds like someone making fun of the name Dzing!, but it sure sounds interesting to me. Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Sounds like someone making fun of the name Dzing!, but it sure sounds interesting to me. Keep us posted!
    I thought just the same. One of the worst fragance names I've ever read IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    I thought just the same. One of the worst fragance names I've ever read IMO!
    Hah haa, I honestly can say that I really dig that name! I think it`s great!!
    Overall, Artisan has that amazing quality with choosing just those right names: Voleur de Roses, Fou d'Absinthe, Passage d'Enfer, Mechant Loup etc.

I hope the fragrance is as powerful as the name.

Overcome By Fumes

The boutique manager at the newly opened L'AP shop on the upper East side yesterday mentioned this one too, so I think it's for real. Aside from that the L'Artisan shop managers seem quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their product.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    I hope the fragrance is as powerful as the name.
    I agree. This really sounds like something I would love. I just hope it does not have the staying power of the majority of l'artisan products. Example as much as I love Dzing, it lasts 2 hours.

If it's anything like Timbuktu, it should be great but I don't see how they could improve on the 'original' .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

This is something for me to look forward to. I'll be in Paris the second week of September so now I"m real excited. I'll also be visiting Pascal Morabito boutique at the Place Vendome, Serge Lutens at the Rue Palais Royale, and of course, Frederic Malle Edition de Parfum at Rue de Grenelle. Anymore suggestion, please let me know!!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I love L'Artisan so I can't wait for this. Soon as it gets out, I will have to try it.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Anybody else check Now Smell This for this "supposed" new fragrance? If you can find the reference, I would appreciate it. I want to know if this is just a hoax or not!!!!

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Anybody else check Now Smell This for this "supposed" new fragrance? If you can find the reference, I would appreciate it. I want to know if this is just a hoax or not!!!!

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/

Thanks.
    I doubt it is a hoax if L'Artisan stores are talking about it. And that bit of info seem to come from a comment from a reader of NowSmellThis and not from the blog directly. I haven't looked to see if one can search the comments, but what MonkeyManMatt posted seemed like the complete quote.

A comment from a post by a reader? Hmmm, sounds suspicious. I haven't heard a word from anybody about this and you would think the main blogs like Now Smell This, Bois de Jasmin, Perfume-Smellin Thing, or Aromascope would have mentioned this in their news sections about upcoming fragrances and the release dates. I find this odd...especially the name! I will keep checking and as soon as I hear anything I will report back.

I hope it is true because I dig that name. Now if the juice will just match up to the name. Ahhhhh, isn't it wonderful when that happens.

Explorator Dumpsterorum

Say, I thought Larry Dzongkha was that great Miami Dolphins fullback during their Super Bowl dynasty in the early 70's?

Bah. Probably just another lousy celebrity scent.

Could be the third instalment after Bois Farine and Timbuktu in the" Perfumer Travels" series.
    But I haven't heard of it yet, though L'Artisan usually gives retailers info on new releases months in advance.
    Wasn't the new fall release a Narcisse millesime (a follow up on last year's Fleurs d'Oranger)?

I took matters into my own hands and wrote to the L'Artisan website so we will see what they say although I have to admit, they don't usually answer questions asked in English!!!! Believe me, I have tried many times to get info out of them.

I also have a good friend that sells L'Artisans to see if she has heard anything. So far she hasn't heard about it. Not surprising since she is in the Midwest. It seems they are still recovering from the price increase and bottle changes (they are trying to get rid of all the old bottles) and the new Fou d'Absinthe scent which she thinks smells very dated and isn't edgy enough. I agree!

Nothing has shown up on Google either.

I will keep up the research!

Sounds just amazing! Lets hope it is...

apparently it's true. i received this from karen at Sniffapalooza:

"I had the good fortune to meet the creator of Dzonghka, Bertrand Duchaufour, and he gave me some of the back-story--- Dzonghka is actually the language that the Tibetan monks in Bhutan speak! I was able to get a spritz from a lab bottle, and it is a wonderful heady mix of iris, woods, tonka bean and vetiver. Bertrand is also the perfumer behind L'Artisan's Timbuktu, Poivre Piquant, Patchouli Patch, Pimente Brulant, Merchant Loup, and Safran Troublant, as well as many of the Comme des Garcons series."

OMG! Thanks The Cure!

Sounds like it will be right up my alley. I hope my favourite perfumery will carry it. They didn't want Absinthe Fou because they didn't like it.

Are you talking about Cow?

MMM

I love Timbuktu so I'm really looking forward to the launch of Dzongkha!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

It was annouced officially on WWD this morning as part of the fall releases. There wasn't more info though.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    It was annouced officially on WWD this morning as part of the fall releases. There wasn't more info though.
    REALLY?!?! I totally thought this was a hoax (the name sounded so much like a parody of Dzing!) Big News as usual Cedric, thanks!!

What other house would have two scents that start with the letter "dz"?? I think this one is gonna be a goodie.