Code of Conduct

Thread: Bored?

Default Bored?

I have a question. Do you ever get bored with fraqs? Because im bored now. And i dont mean that im not wearing any, its just i have no desire what so ewer to explore new ones. Ok, if i could thest L'artisan absinthe, i would. But i dont have the intrest to ewen try to get a hold of a sample now.

Maybe i have tested too many reasently, who nows. But does anyone else have these kinda "feelings"?. I just feel like...bored. Yes, i do still want to test new ones, but right now, it doesnt have the magic.

Anyone else been trough this?

Thrax

Default Re: Bored?

You have commited Olfactory suicide...

Yes, it happens. Then I got Terre D'Hermes and that livened things up for me!

Me too, sometimes I feel like you, walking past frag counters and have no interest to try. But a day or two after such feeling I will want to explore them once again. I guess our noses need a break from too much delight!

If you have explored all the fragrance houses that are out there, then you might be. For example, I am yet to comprehensively explore L'Artisan, Hermes, CdG and Bond no.9...plus I am also always looking out for the latest Creed release. Thankfully, unlike other houses, Creed doesnt flood the market with 10-15 perfume releases per year, unlike say, Guerlain or Bond no.9...this maintains the excitement and anticipation of a Creed release, imo.

Yes, I`d say don`t worry about it! It is very likely your passion to rise again, and if it doesn`t...well, luckily there is still some good things left in life.

Just don`t ask me what those things might be, because I have absolutely NO idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Peace
    I have a question. Do you ever get bored with fraqs?
    Yes, i do still want to test new ones, but right now, it doesnt have the magic.

Anyone else been trough this?

Yeah, I have less interest in trying new frags now compared with
    a year ago. I still buy stuff now and then, and in fact have Creed MI
    coming tomorrow if UPS is on time. But if I skip a day of fragrance
    it's no big deal.

And let's face it: A large portion of the scents getting introduced
    (and subsequently discontinued in a few years) these days are
    hardly worth sampling anyway.

Give your nose a vacation. Your interest in scent will likely return.
    Alternatively, wear only your favorite frags and don't worry about
    sampling any for a while.

im always looking for something new, something better.

Sometimes I hope to get bored because it would save me a lot of money...

Ther's days in which my passion for exploring new or unknown scents seems to decrease, but normally, quite short time later my nose calls for more. For sure, your interest in frags will recur - maybe you will focus more and more on special scents beyond the average stuff. So don't worry, just wait and see what happens.

Lately i feel kinda bored with my collection, but i have to force myself to keep wearing what i have...otherwise i'll just keep on spending, and spending, and spending...

KO

I only get bored with what I have. New scents always get me excited!(that is if they're good of course)

Right now I think about selling twenty bottles from my collection and go for Tabac Blond Extrait Parfum. That means boredom to me personally. LOL!

I can tell I'm TOTALLY bored when I get pissed off that I have to replace the scents I already own ( especially the expensive ones like Daim Blond, etc .. ) because there's no "mystery" or "newness" to them.

Sure! That has happened to me. I stoped visiting basenotes for a while but still wore something every day. I never went smelling for new ones and I didn't really take interest in what was new or becoming popular.

I got over that somehow at school and really got into learning about notes and more about the way we smell in general. After that I fell hard for fragrances once again. I've been on ever since...

I do get tired of searching out new fragrances, but sometimes these are some of my most enjoyable times since I can really savor the fragrances I already have and love. It's nice to remind myself that I love fragrances themselves more than the chase after something new.

On the other hand, I also go through periods where nothing really smells exciting to me at all, old or new. Thankfully, these period usually pass pretty quickly.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Well, I do get bored with my scents from time to time...but I still wear something everyday.

A hot new release will often times do the trick, but many of the new releases right now stink (pun intended), so I have make sure if it is droolworthy (like Gaultier2) or pukeworthy (Nautica Voyage). I'll take the droolworthy scent, please...
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

It's easy to get bored if you do your shopping at the mall stores. I wouldn't wear 90% of them.

The niche world, however, is full of unique, interesting fragrances but of course cost more.

Blog Entries

I got bored w/ a lot of stuff earlier this year & whittled away @ my collection. I still really enjoyed old favorites like Clinique Happy, CKone, CKbe, & KC Reaction, but other than that I just didn't care that much to sample anything new. My nose is all revved up for new scents now though, much to my wallet's dismay...

Everything gets boring when you do it too much. Just take time off. Realign your perceptions. It's unlikely you'll ever lose interest in fragrances.

"Perfume remains the most persistent of memories."
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

I did as most of you said, took some time off. If not physically, but more importantly, mentally. And yesterday i decided to wear my old favorite, that was in the back of my closet. Xeryus Rouge. It really took me back to the times when ewerything was new and exiting And today i just thought i would would wear it to work. And o behold!! I had been in work for 20minutes and someone said

Who smells good!

I knew it had to be me, because i was practically only one at work at the moment. I had the urge to say. Well, its me. But i didnt want to brake the mystery I guess the same thing can be said about women and frags. When you stop trying, theyll be intrested. Because i have worn TONS!! of different frags to work. Including Tea For Two, Bois Farine, Floris Santal, Palais Jamais, Terre dīHermes, Lacoste pour homme, Voleur de Roses etc. But i have newer gotten any type of comment on my frags, and that includes the usual chit chat around the work place. I gues when you stop trying, the magic happens

Btw. Why doesnt people newer talk about the Rose in Xeuyus? In my opinnion, its one of the best. Its not as good as in Voleur, but the overall feel is much more pleasent and soothing, than in voleur.

Just a great frag

Way to go man. It doesn't matter what other people say, if they comment, etc. Just wear what you like. That's all that matters. It's supposed to be fun, not some kind of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    Way to go man. It doesn't matter what other people say, if they comment, etc. Just wear what you like. That's all that matters. It's supposed to be fun, not some kind of competition.
    I know I didnt mean to make it sound like thats all i think about. Off course i choose the frags what i wear because i like them, but its just sometimes a little, thinking about the right word, frustrating, if no one else says that they like my taste in frags Its like you would wear the best clothes that money can buy, but people would only compliment others. Being sometimes insecure, a compliment is a velcome boost, that gets you "through" the next year .

Quote Originally Posted by Peace
    I know I didnt mean to make it sound like thats all i think about. Off course i choose the frags what i wear because i like them, but its just sometimes a little, thinking about the right word, frustrating, if no one else says that they like my taste in frags Its like you would wear the best clothes that money can buy, but people would only compliment others. Being sometimes insecure, a compliment is a velcome boost, that gets you "through" the next year .

I don't know if you read this thread:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=169988

Quote Originally Posted by Luca30

I don't know if you read this thread:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=169988

Heheh

I gues im guilty as charged