Code of Conduct

Default What would James Bond wear?

These topics are always fun.

Think of all the qualities of James Bond: collected, confident, seductive, ballsy, stylish, capable of breaking your arm in 3 places before you even realize what you did to annoy him.

What cologne would he wear?

It doesn't have to be classic Bond era. I'm thinking something subtle and unassuming, yet masculine. Like Bvlgari PH or Gendarme. What do you think?

Default Re: What would James Bond wear?

All the Bond no.9 fragrances....

I believe he mentioned Trumpers' Eucris in one of the movies.

Id say it had to be something nice (for the ladies), but at the same time something that doesnt really get noticed (because the secret agent stuff). So i would say

Palais Jamais by Etro

Well, I think it is Floris No. 89

How about M7?

Hi all,

Ha...lol...this is too funny! I posted this very question here a BN nearly (what ?) three years ago! Wow! How time flys!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Six Cats, thats OK, there's a new Bond movie every three years or so and one is in the making now, so your timing is perfect!

In my view he would wear something quintessentially British, and the 21st Century Bond (Daniel Craig) would be up to speed on layering fragrances and probably opt for Jo Malone's Lime, Basil & Mandarin during the day and layer Amber & Lavender on top for the evening.

Whereas the classic Ian Fleming Bond would probably go for Trumper Eucris (or Floris or Penhaligons) or given his penchant for the Carribbean, Extract of West Indian Limes.

Sante.
    Last edited by Santemon; 28th June 2006 at 01:16 AM.

I believe he wore Dunhill scents in the books.

empriom armani he

in one of the books, by John Gardner, he uses Dunhill blend 30 !

Quote Originally Posted by Erfl
    Well, I think it is Floris No. 89
    I think you are right

Doesn't Agatha Brown suggest her Conquest would be perfect for Mr. Bond?

I think I remember Sixcats' thread. The same question has cropped up several times. As far as Ian Fleming's novels are concerned Bond's own choice of scent is never mentioned, so we are just playing games here - there is no right answer! Still it is fun to imagine what might be...

Henry Chancellor's recent book, James Bond: the Man and his World, states that Fleming used Trumper's hair oil. Based on that fact and the Fleming/Bond love of the Caribbean, I think Trumper's West Indian Limes is the best suggestion of all. Or perhaps Floris Limes since Floris made a gift of their Limes Bath Essence to Fleming after it was mentioned in Doctor No.

Fleming does mention a number of the scents worn by Bond's girlfriends including Guerlain's Ode, Caron's Muguet, Balmain's Vent Vert, and Chanel No. 5. Perhaps one of the girls gave Bond a present from the same classic stable that she preferred herself: Guerlain Vetiver (he would have liked the tobacco note), Caron pour Homme, Monsieur Balmain or Chanel pour Monsieur.

An updated, twenty-first century Bond with the same background and taste as the original Fleming/Bond might very well wear Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin. Or what about Nicolai's Carre d'As (connection with cards and gambling)?

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian
    I think you are right
    So do I. Sounds very familiar.

Nah, I say a creed.....maybe GIT or MI
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

I think it would be Creed Bois De Portugal

Not the character James Bond, but the actor Sean Connery, I heard one of his fav's is Jicky.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky
    Not the character James Bond, but the actor Sean Connery, I heard one of his fav's is Jicky.
    I thought Connery wore Habit Rouge.

Connery has been known to wear Jicky, Habit Rouge and Erolfa. I think Erolfa suits him best.

Anyways, I have a big bottle of Bond L'Homme, the official James Bond cologne released by the company that owns the rights to the James Bond films. It smells good. It's sweet and spicy. It's kind of like a grape-like or a raspberry-type scent with oakmoss and tonka. Here is the official description:

"The fragrance description:

It was introduced by Dominique Preyssas and Patrick de Givenchy at Takasago in Paris and launched by the Swedish company of Bond.James Bond Fragrances in 1998.

It is a stylish and intelligent masculine fragrance with fresh notes of Bergamot, Lemon Tree and Petitgrain, floral notes of Lavender, Clary sage, Basil and Thuya, woody notes of Cedarwood and Sandalwood blended with precious balms, incense, liatrix, Tonka Bean, Amber and Musk.

Bond L'Homme is recommended for casual wear, office wear, or for romantic evening wear."

Which of those notes smell kind of like raspberry or artificial grape? Anyways, I have two other James Bond colognes. Well, one's a talc and one's an aftershave. Each one of the three fragrances smells different, but what they all have in common is that they all smell like the color blue or purple. If anyone would like to buy the Bond L'Homme, I'd be willing to sell. It came out when they started making the Brosnan Bond films.