Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Group project ?

Quote Originally Posted by pellen
    Hey gals,

I have an idea for another group project. I was looking back through some of the older threads and came upon the "what would Catherine Earnshaw have worn" one. I was thinking maybe we could do a "book club with emphasis on perfume" project.
    I'm open to the idea as well, just need enough time to finish the book. Maybe we could do a few chapters at a time so we all stay on track with the reading.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

I'll be available to do Lutens for as long as you ladies like as soon as I'm done with this week . Hubby and I are wearing either the exact same fragrances or the same scents/counterparts made for men and women... Just having a little bit of fun; I miss him so much while we're at work, esp. now after having gotten so used to being with him 24hrs a day for the holidays... I'm still so addicted!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Please kindly register me to the Lutens' week, excellent idea and it shouldn't be too difficult.
    I have the following full bottle to play with:
    Chergui
    Douce Amere
    Fleurs De Citronnier
    Datura Noir
    Santal Blanc
    These ones would be my tester size to shuffle: Gris Clair, Daim Blond, Arabie and Fleurs d'Oranger

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    ....... and it shouldn't be too difficult.......
    I would not be too sure about that, dear CoCo!. Exactly what I thought the first time I tried. It seems that I am rather unfaithful in my choices (that is perfumechoices).
    I wonder who will be the perfumelover with the most steadfast heart.
    And I fear it will not be me

It is great to see such an enthusiastic response. I expect to make the 'real' thread in the next week, giving you more details.
    And for anyone reading the SotD: stories like the one rtamara gave us today are applauded
    So, let imagination and fun be a part of our experiment.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

I have made the official thread for our Lutens Week. Please look here http://community.basenotes.net/showt...566#post957566
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: Group project ? AKA Sniff'n'Speak Days

Reminder: as per Quarry's schedule, next Saturday -- March 3 -- we are having Chypre Sniff'n'Speak. We still got time to sort through what we have got and pick out the one, be it floral or fruity CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    Reminder: as per Quarry's schedule, next Saturday -- March 3 -- we are having Chypre Sniff'n'Speak. We still got time to sort through what we have got and pick out the one, be it floral or fruity CHYPRE!
    Yikes!!!

So glad you brought this up - I got so caught up in Guerlain Week I almost forgot!! (scrabbles frantically through samples and 'drobe - comes up with - Hallelujah! - Mitsouko!!)
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Ah! Twolf! Thank you SO much for the reminder - and this is a GREAT category too!

I will wear a "new chypre" for this - 31 Rue Cambon.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Reminder: as per Quarry's schedule, our next S'n'S is taking place with floral fragrances on April 7, 2007.

As possibilities are virtually limitless, are we concentrating on one specific flower (mimosa, rose, violet, hyacinth, cherry blossom, iris, orange blossom, jasmine, carnation, tuberose, gardenia, freesia, etc.) or wearing what we like most? Or, alternatively, stepping outside of our comfort zones and wearing what we would not on a regular day?

Thanx for the reminder WolfLady. (Got a head start today in jasmine and lilies....:bounce

"You can't be too thin or too rich or have too many florals!!!"
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Reminder: as per Quarry's schedule, our next S'n'S is taking place with floral fragrances on April 7, 2007.

As possibilities are virtually limitless, are we concentrating on one specific flower (mimosa, rose, violet, hyacinth, cherry blossom, iris, orange blossom, jasmine, carnation, tuberose, gardenia, freesia, etc.) or wearing what we like most? Or, alternatively, stepping outside of our comfort zones and wearing what we would not on a regular day?
    Big question. Yeah, boy, anything from soliflores to gigantic florals built on aldehyde girders--so many options. We could pick a color theme, for instance purple, so one might choose from iris, violet, lilac, hyacinth? So many possible directions. Is this "the year of" something, as indicated by some society of fashion designers, florists, landscape designers?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

How about the most wearable florals?

I love floral scents, but haven't been able to find a straight floral scent (not floral oriental or floral chypre) that I can wear well. They go either really strong & stinky (3 times the strength they smell in the bottle) or smell like baby powder.

So, a Sniff 'n' Speak based around what experienced floral lovers consider their most wearable floral scents, complete with a 'wearable florals" list, for those of us who would love to find a couple of great smelling floral scents to wear & add to our collections, would be fantastic!

What do you think, is this possible?

Just realised the Floral S'n'SD will be tomorrow!

Sorry perfumed pals, but I can't be parted with CdG Incense Series right now.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darόber muss man schreiben."

Since there seem to be no restrictions/guidelines/themes etc. I have got three all lined up for the day, which will be busy because I am working. Have been deep into Opulentals all week - and I adore them - but it will be a nice break!!

See you on the thread!! :bounce:

Reminder:

Lemon, orange, grapefruit, lime, bergamot, mandarin, tangerine, kumquat lovers (of course not to mention some other more obscure hybrids!), it is YOUR time to shine this coming Saturday for the Citrus S'n'SD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Reminder:

Lemon, orange, grapefruit, lime, bergamot, mandarin, tangerine, kumquat lovers (of course not to mention some other more obscure hybrids!), it is YOUR time to shine this coming Saturday for the Citrus S'n'SD.
    Yay! Adding Yuzu and May Chang!

Sadly glasgow seems to not be doing summer this year... But I still can't resist compiling a 'potentials' list should the weather gods smile on me this saturday!

My Zestfest may include:

Jasper Conran Woman
    Crown Perfumery Imperial
    Il Profumo Mandarine
    Coty Emeraude
    Liz Claiborne Claiborne Men
    Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq
    Guerlain Eau de Cologne Imperiale
    Guerlain Shalimar Eau Legere (2004)
    Guerlain Shalimar EDT
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Guerlain Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat
    Guerlain AA Pamplelune
    Guerlain AA Flora Nerolia
    Guerlain AA Orange Magnifica
    Guerlain AA Lemon Fresca
    D&G Feminine
    O de Lancome
    Christian Lacroix Bazar Femme
    Christian Dior Eau Sauvage
    Revlon Charlie Urban Energy
    Dana ZigZag
    Bond No.9 Lttle Italy
    Spiritual Sky Bergamote Fleur d'Epice
    TBS Satsuma
    TBS Bergamot Cologne
    TBS Citrella
    TBS Zestini
    Jean Patou Sublime
    Muelhens 4711 Echt Kolsnich Wasser
    Jo Malone Grapefruit
    Carven Ma Griffe
    D&G Sicily
    D&G Masculine
    Diesel Green Feminine
    Elizabeth Arden Green Tea
    Etro Shaal Nur
    Hermes Eau d'Orange Verte
    LUSH Karma (modern or vintage circa 2001)

Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

One week is left until our Spicy S'n'S on November 3, 2007. What will it be this time: Theorema? Organza? Safran Troublant? Histoire d'Eau (topaze)? Black Cashmere?

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

My T-buddies Twolf and Taolady are already anticipating the next group sniff. Good thinking, dearies, I have a post-it note on my computer to post the next S'n'S thread just before I leave town. I also enjoy launching each month's "Today I bought," so that will get posted on Monday night, too.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

8 month ago, I bought 15 samples to Ava
    Only now italians customs send me !
    but I'm afraid ava perfumes are discontinued, they aren't?
    I'd like to buy Ingenue !!!! It's wonderful,
    and Midnight Violet too!
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Ava-Luxe is still going strong. She can still be found at ava-luxe.com. She sells a limited selection of perfumes (and the selection changes often) along with her jewelry. If you email her she may make up a batch of what you desire. I am also a fan of Ingenue; it's supposed to be a "dupe" of Deneuve. Have you ever smelled the latter? If so, how do they compare?
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Thank you, dear Pellen.
    Well, i copy & paste here what I wrote on BT, and excuse my poor english, please,you surely understand french!!!

Imaginez un mélange de Lipstick rose, L'a^me soeur Divine et Eau d'Hiver :
    C'est Ingenue
    Délicieux, velouté, chaud mais pas écoeurant, un parfum de peau pour n'opprimer personne au resto, ou au bureau.
    Il se sent, il est bien présent, il est le top pour s'endormir cocoonnée et pouponnée
    Ne pensez pas à un Talco delicato ou un Teint de Neige.
    Il est bien mieux.
    Des notes de rose et d'iris, du musc...
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Nice to meet you too! Do not shy out, dive right in, the best place to start is posting and reading about our everyday lives and scents on a SotD (Scent of the Day) threads. It is fast paced and easy going, most times.

:wave:

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

(Since each month the SnS thread is allowed to drift away after the event, I thought I'd post the following to let new members see what SnS is all about.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For newcomers, here's the lowdown on this monthly online event:

Every member, any gender, novice or veteran sniffer, is invited to apply a fragrance related to the theme of the month (listed below) and share your thoughts on the first Saturday of the month. This isn't a mandatory assignment; it's just for fun. Because not everyone logs in on weekends, you're encouraged to continue to add comments within this themed thread on subsequent days. If you don't join us for this month's discussion, please look ahead at the tentative lineup and join in at a later date.
    JANUARY ~ Oriental
    (warmth, flowers, spices, woods & vanilla)
    FEBRUARY ~ Animalic
    (civet-, castoreum-, leather-, or musk-influenced scents)

MARCH ~ Chypre
    (used to be defined by oakmoss presence, but ...?)
    APRIL ~ Floral
    (single solifore or full bouquet of flowers)
    MAY~ Fruity
    (single sweet fruits or a bowl of fruity-florals)
    JUNE ~ Citrus
    (hesperidic: bergamot, lemon, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, etc.)
    JULY ~ Green
    (fresh leaves & grasses)
    AUGUST ~ Fresh or aquatic
    (cool, dewy notes and seaside scents)
    SEPTEMBER ~ Opposite-Gender Fragrance
    OCTOBER ~ Ambery
    (dark, light or blond amber as feature note)
    NOVEMBER ~ Spicy
    (warm notes associated with cooking)
    DECEMBER ~ Gourmand
    (fragrances with a foody note, but not usually fruity--save for May)
    Looking for suggestions?
    See previous SnS discussions:
    Oriental — Jan. 2007, Jan. 2008, Jan. 2009
    Animalic — Feb. 2007, Feb. 2008, Feb. 2009
    Chypre — March 2007, March 2008, March 2009
    Floral — April 2007, April 2008, April 2009
    Fruity — May 2007, May 2008, May 2009
    Citrus — June 2007, June 2008, June 2009
    Green — July 2008, July 2009
    Fresh — Aug. 2008, Aug. 2009
    Fougere — Sept. 2007
    Opposite Gender — Sept. 2008, Sept. 2009
    Ambery — Oct. 2007, Oct. 2008, Oct. 2009
    Spicy — Nov. 2007, Nov. 2008, Nov. 2009
    Gourmand — Dec. 2007, Dec. 2008, Dec. 2009
    For the months of July and August 2007, regular BN was offline and supporters had access to an abbreviated site. We discussed aquatics and greens, but those posts are no longer accessible.