Code of Conduct

Default New: Stella in Two.

Stella McCartney is becoming a major brand for YSL Beauté who manufactures and distributes her fragrances. This fall a perfume duo called Stella in TWO will be released. Stella In Two comprises two separate scents: Stella In Two Peony and Stella In Two Amber. They can be worn alone or layered together, according to the wearer’s mood. Stella in Two Amber will be available as a solid perfume and Stella in Two Peony as an edt.

Read all about it on the fragrance section of www.moodiereport.com

Smile Re: New: Stella in Two.

As always; thanks for posting, cedric!

(and creating more lemmings for me...)

Default Re: New: Stella in Two.

Hi cedric!

Thank you for the update of Stella front... I always know I can count on you to update us on the newest upcoming fragrances... Original Stella was a bit of a disappointment on me... but this one sounds positively alluring... can't wait to try it Only too bad it won't be here for the summer... I can see how a peony scent might really be wonderful in summer...

Thanks again
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Thanks everyone,
    I much prefer the Stella Intense they launched last year I think. It's somewhat spicier and more ambery, yet it's still a floral. I have to say that the body products in this line are above overage.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Of the 300 frags I've waltzed around the house in, Stella Rose Absolute is the only one my husband knows by name and is just one of only two fragrances he tells me he really cares for (the other being Dzing!).

Anxious to lay my nostrils over the new peony invention.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I sampled it a Selfridges in London, where it was exclusive, last week.

The Woody Peony edt verion is really similar to the original Stella. It's as if they only used the top and heart notes of Stella, the fresher part. A bit too young for my taste, but the "fruity-floral gang" will love it.
    The solid perfume comes in a very desirable compact, actually I love the whole packaging and image of the line. I can smell the rose-amber accord of the original Stella but they also added quite a few spices and tonka bean. It reminds me of a softer Joop! Femme version.

Serpent

As soon as I smelled Stella, I knew they had a winner. It seems YSL Beauté is loath to move away from that winning formula. Seeing how much bad luck they've had with their other lines in cash cow America, they need it. Let's see how many times they can essentially keep remaking that one scent over and over again...

So far I prefer the first version, and my suspicion is that I will after trying this as well. But I will try it when it comes here (in, like, a year and a half I guess ). I don´t get this layer or layer-not as you please-idea though. I like the packaging too.

I am very intereted in the two new versions as i am a fan and have had all the three versions (Stella, Sheer Stella and Stella Rose Absolute). The last version, Rose Absolute, which is an intensified formula of the "normal" Stella with addition of amber is the best in my opinion. And it's by far the best rose on the market.

@ Quarry: my boyfriend knows to identify it by name, too (what surprised me a lot!)
    "They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
    Edgar Allan Poe

http://perfumum.blogspot.com/

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lillie
    @ Quarry: my boyfriend knows to identify it by name, too (what surprised me a lot!)
    I bet he doesn't do a bad impression of Marlon Brando from the movie "A Streetcar Named Desire" every time you wear it. "Stelllll-ah!"

I'm so desperate to try the new peony that I'm calling my local Sephora every Friday (they get their weekly shipments in on Friday mornings), so I'll know the instant the stuff's in stock.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.