Code of Conduct

Default New: Prada Amber pour Homme.

From WWD.com

Name: Amber pour Homme
    Brand: Prada (Puig)
    Nose: Daniela Andrier (Givaudan) in collaboration with Miuccia Prada.

Perfumer Daniela Andrier spent 18 months working on the scent, which she described as a simple fragrance created by a complex idea. "The whole idea of Amber Pour Homme is that it is harmony through conflicting elements," said Andrier, who added Prada helped her achieve the final end result.

In addition to the amber accord, a fougère accord is added for contrast. To achieve the amber note, a combination of vanilla, tonka bean, labdanum oil and patchouli was used. For the fougère aspect, there's geranium, vetiver, orange blossom, myrrh and musk. Finally, leather notes are softened with a blend of saffron oil and sandalwood.

Jordi Puig, who is vice president of organization and business development for Prada's licensee Puig Prestige USA describes the scent as a sensual fragrance for a confident and nonconformist man.

The bottle is a twist on the female fragrance bottle, it is rectangular but vertical instead of horizontal. And the iconic purple spray pump for the deluxe edition has been replaced button-like metal pump. Box is navy blue.

Launch in August.

Default Re: New: Prada Amber pour Homme.

OMG. How utterly, mindblowingly, hopelessly booooooooooooooring. So this is their big male launch??? Another amber on a saturated market. I seriously had hopes for this house to launch something cool, something seriously premium - worthy of such a prestigous house. And we get another amber. SIGH.
    Puig really destroys everything they lay their greasy little fingers on, just like Procter & Gamble.

MMM

Well, better amber than ozonic, no? LOL

True.
    That would have been the ultimate betrayal. Still...
    MMM

Phooey! I want Prada Black!!!

I still have hope. Let's wait and test drive it in August.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

It sounds very interesting actually. And the bottle and box sound cool as well.
    Awesomeguy

Hmmm...sounds like it's going to smell something like Balenciaga PH, Mediterraneum, or Escada PH.

Been waiting so long to see what they would come out with.

It is a nice looking bottle. Hopefully it smells as good as it looks.
    http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...0/2076554.html

Default Now I know why the devil wears Prada.....

Since last year I believe this scent has been on and off the drawing board. Prada for women scent is not really doing well that they recently launched a new revamped light version. Notice that this mens version is no longer called Prada Homme but now Amber....

If it does not a hit targeted sales I am sure they will launch a flanker called Agua ....

Default Re: Now I know why the devil wears Prada.....

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    Since last year I believe this scent has been on and off the drawing board. Prada for women scent is not really doing well that they recently launched a new revamped light version. Notice that this mens version is no longer called Prada Homme but now Amber....

If it does not a hit targeted sales I am sure they will launch a flanker called Agua ....
    CORRECTION...IT WILL BE NAMED 'PRADA SPORT', MARKED BY THEIR RED STRIPED LOGO FROM THEIR SPORTS LINE...

Last edited by iMaverick; 1st July 2006 at 03:41 AM.

What's the new (original) Prada for Men like?

A SA at Nordy's called me to say he was holding a sample. I'm going to try to get there this weekend.

How the heck does one spray that thing anyway????

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    It looks like it would be difficult to hold and spray yourself with at the same time.
    Awesomeguy

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    You press the button on the round gizmo attached to the nozzle, I suppose...
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    You press the button on the round gizmo attached to the nozzle, I suppose...
    I hear the women's version leaks horrible so I can just wonder how this fancy doo-dad spray is going to hold up.....

Prada Amber Pour Homme has landed Stockmann, but like yesterday with Guerlain Insolence, I didn't want to mess with my dear Comme des Garçons EdP so gave it only a card sniff.

Very nice, soft and earthy, understatedly elegant.

I didn't like the women's version at all (IMO it's Angel without what makes Angel so special), but PApH is quite lovely, will definitely give this one a skin test in the near future!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Re: New: Prada Amber pour Homme.

tigrushka, I'm afraid you will be dissapointed. There is absolutely nothing unique about this; it's tuned down amber fragrance - thus very werable - but also so very forgettable and boring, lacks any character of it's own. It just smells... kind of nice. It's scents like this that make me mad, not the controversial ones.

Longevity is also surprisingly poor for a amber fragrance.

I sprayed it on my arm the other day and wasn't impressed either. Rather generic. The opening kind of reminded me of Gucci Pour Homme, but that is a much richer and more interesting scent. Prada Amber PH is comforting and wouldn't hurt anyone but there really is nothing new to it, as many people here have mentioned. It's warm and soft but quite synthetic smelling.

Also, that bottle is pure hell to control as a right-handed person. I wonder why they made it so hard to handle, since most people are right handed. No offence to lefty's but this is basically asking to drop out of your hands when you use it.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Stuff is the soapiest frag ever! Smells like Dove and that's not a good thing. Instant turn-off. Good sillage though.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I really do not like this at all. I hate lavander and this stuff really has nothing else but that.

Smile Re: New: Prada Amber pour Homme.

Prada Amber PH lasts and lasts. Eight hours later and the single spritz on my arm still resounds...

Honestly, I find Prada quite original, refined, deep and totally delicious right from the get-go. Along the same lines as AMen, M7,Arpège, Dior, Individuel, L'Instant, Touch Grigioperla with a hint of Mugler's Cologne thrown in for good measure. Try spraying it from the bottle and you will see. Tuck into it some 20 to 30 minutes later; it is a masterpiece of blending and sophistication, with that (false) amber note of burnt caramel and suede (try smelling it through a shirt or long-sleeve garment a little later) that predominates throughout. Yum, yum.

That barbershop soap accord sticks around all the way through and may be a turnoff to some; the mid-notes are definitely very smokey, resinous, chewy, and even burnt yet surprisingly bright and every so sweet (but not at all cloying) as well.

All in all, that's precisely what I enjoy about Prada: Although it applies rather heavy at first, it softens quickly and never looses touch with that initial soapy neroli/geranium note - meaning it stays pretty well fresh all the way through. That leathery/powdery effect on clothing, later on or the next morning, is quite astounding and unique, comforting and enveloping all at once. As much as I love London, this one is a notch or two above that. A little harder to like, but worth getting to know.

My two scents worth!

Mario
    Last edited by mariodefior; 13th September 2006 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    tigrushka, I'm afraid you will be dissapointed. There is absolutely nothing unique about this; it's tuned down amber fragrance - thus very werable - but also so very forgettable and boring, lacks any character of it's own. It just smells... kind of nice. It's scents like this that make me mad, not the controversial ones.
    Could be, but I still wouldn't know without testing it properly on my skin first so I will give it go...

That "barbershop soap" note is really bad imho.

I finally had a chance to try this the night before last. I was very impressed at first application, and surprised at the extent of citrus I was appreciating, along with pleasing floral, musk, and myrrh notes. This goodness lasted about 20 minutes, and thus began the quick slide into middle-of-the-road, amorphous sweetness. I did not appreciate very much amber accord at all, nor much woods, nor any vetiver. Perhaps all these notes are there, and just seamlessly blended. At any rate, the drydown strikes me as moderately sweet and fruity, though I fail to see any fruits mentioned in the notes. It's not that sweet, but the combination with the fruity accord renders it similar to Burberry Brit, or D&G By Man (minus the spices), or many other sweetish, fruity scents. While many will like this a lot, I'm sorry to say that I do not. As always, though, glad to have tried it.

Jeff
    Last edited by wicozani; 13th September 2006 at 11:48 PM.

I know all this fragrance stuff is highly subjective, but I felt so strongly about this one that I had to break my long period of silence on Basenotes to add my two cents...

In a word, HORRIBLE!!!!

I honestly can't believe anybody would enjoy this vile concoction. It smells cheap and assaults the nose from begining to end. The worst part is that you literally cannot wash it off - this crap stays with you like white on rice.

- Brad

With the risk of sounding way too negative, I do not like how this juice is balanced at all. I would like to mute the (to my nose) acrid and piercing floral/herbal notes that constitutes the heart of the fragrance and incorporate them into the dull dry down to make the fragrance more interesting and well balanced. There are a lot of things going on initially (i.e. top notes, mid notes) with this one, unfortunately the base notes should have been the logical conclusion of that, if this fragrance would have been better balanced.

Also, I am not sure about the use of saffron oil in fragrances. At least to me, it is a rather unique ingredient that makes Prada Man smell very conventional. Why use it?

However, I should mention that it is not by any mean an awful scent (just a bit too ordinary for the mighty fashion house of Prada) and that I do get compliments when I have worn it.

A little off topic, but I happened to try the new Davidoff Silver Shadow at the same time as the Prada. To me, the Silver Shadow was MUCH more smooth and balanced, although perhaps a bit too simple for some people's tastes.

- Brad

Smells too much like Pheromone to me. Must be the labdanum.

S

tried it yesterday....
    First impression was, this is a clone of YSL M7 ,but that dominant ingredient softens up in time...

overall...not so special as I expected... Won't buy this....

Nice weekend everybody !

The soap note tickles my nose and makes me sneeze!

I recently had the chance to try two new laff releases: YSL homme and Prada pour homme. No mystery about how much I found YSL "interesting"
    Instead, about Prada pour homme, I wasn't disappointed. First of all, let me tell you I had probably not expextations as high as most of you here had folks... Let me tell you also I'm not that crazy about the feminine one...
    I found it to fit perfectly the Prada style: retrò but with a minimal modern touch, as I use to joke about Miuccia, she's radical-chic...
    Also after all the comments here, I expected it to have a very "british barbershop" soapy touch which I like in some scents (colonia assoluta) and which I don't like much in some others (burberry touch). Well I liked the soapyness in this one, and also the way it let breath the resinous suede undertones (not see much related to amber here... btw I'd have smelled this suede in CK euphoria men to be decent at least ). For sure it's not an olfactive hyperbole nor a revolutionary scent: just a fine gentleman's well crafted scent from a designer house, probably the best this fall will see launching on the market (being the others a complete shame)

Another scent (like YSL, L'Homme), that got really bad reviews here , before it was even launched. Must be something wrong with me, cause man, I like it. I love the shaving cream smell in this one.
    What's with all this talk about this "not being balanced" and all.
    I really gonna get me a bottle of this for sure.

I've said it before and will say it again (much to the chagrin of some): Prada pour Homme is a terrific and smolderingly sexy scent that is long-lasting, original enough to make it stand out somewhat, and refined to boot. The blend is sensational, deep, "resinous" and "smokey". That soapy opening keeps it fresh right through, which is what is quite novel about it. Old yet new, vintage yet fresh. It harkens back to the great classics like Houbigant, Guerlain and the like from the 40's and 50's onwards.

Hey, what's not to like?

Glad to see that other BNoters have started to come around!
    Last edited by mariodefior; 20th September 2006 at 01:34 PM.

Thumbs down Re: New: Prada Amber pour Homme.

For a first take at a "male" frag - just too unimaginative, boring, and "safe" - but surely a winner with those uncultured, materialistic, simple-minded guys who think that just because it's by Prada (and since it's the only designer-named bag that they know of that women like/utilise), they somehow come to the conclusion/equate in their minds that it'll help them "score" with such women.

PASS!
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Already i bought the big bottle with the atomiseur,90euros in Athens.
    I think that is the most unique{designer} scent that i tried last period,i dont know why too many negative reviews!
    The only negative,is not longlasting.

Giannis

Quote Originally Posted by zeram1
    - but surely a winner with those uncultured, materialistic, simple-minded guys who think that just because it's by Prada (and since it's the only designer-named bag that they know of that women like/utilise), they somehow come to the conclusion/equate in their minds that it'll help them "score" with such women.

PASS!
    I'm a 37 year old, maried guy, and although it would be flattering, I'm not really waiting to "score" with the women, nor do I think people assume the name "Prada" would help them to do so. This is 2006, there are a dozen other "cool"designer brands for youngsters now.
    Hate to disapoint you, but I just like the fragrance for the fragrance and not for the name.

Never claimed that "everyone" that utilises this frag were of said category, just that those w/ such mindset would. . . .
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Finally tried this one today. Spritzed some on my hand before going to the cinema. Am sad to say I'm a bit disappointed.

At first it smelled very good, lovely lavender note, very trustworthy and reliable vibe: a real "broad shoulder to cry on". But then it just sort of vanished, what a letdown.

As long as I have Égoïste, Caron Pour un Homme and Jicky to go to, I have no need for Prada.

I agree with Eric. I'm 39, married, and to be frank, Prada is a very good scent for me. I don't regret the purchase. The name means little.

While I still like the scent, it should have been called "Prada Myrrh for men" because myrrh is the dominant note throughout, and is also the note responsible for lending it that slightly 'bubble gumesque' note that carries through to the base of the fragrance.

For me, this went from a 'love' to a 'like' frag. I wish there was more evolution in the scent. Anyone else change their feelings, either positively or negatively, on this frag since it has last been talked about?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more