Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1

    Talking I think we need another forum

    One that is not male or female specific but for general fragrance talk like the industry, marketing, packaging... I never go into the womens forum and bet a lot women don't go into the mens forum, so I think we are all missing out on a lot of talk that could be in a general forum.
    Makes sense, no?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

  2. #2
    Lean in closer, dear
    Quarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,042
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    I think you may be on to something there. Oftentimes I pose a gender-neutral question, such as, "When do you apply your first spray of the day--before or after breakfast?" The responses in the female forum were more informative and entertaining than I would have thought--certainly the menfolk would have had good responses to this, too.

    I've also posted quasi-related fragrance threads in the female forum that were moved by the moderator to "off topic"--and that's okay, but I think they might have been best located in a general fragrance forum.

    I don't know if there are some pitfalls to this. Hope others can weigh in with their opinions on this important topic.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

  3. #3

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    I have to respectfully disagree with the idea. I do so carefully, however, and only as your fellow member--not as a mod or in any way a voice of the site.

    I think it would make only another board to visit. It would take a long time to really get its snowball rolling too, in the sense that members might take a while to figure out the place it plays in the site's scent-thinking life. The JSO board, for example, is only recently starting to have its snowball start rolling well as people get a working understanding of how it functions and how they can function with/on it.

    Further, and my greater reason for disagreeing, is that if it's just another board to visit, it's not any different from just visiting the other main boards here. If you usually visit the men's fragrance board, the proposed board would be just another to click open, same as today the women's board is just another to click open. Same as today the Off Topic or JSO are others you can click open. Remember, having the forum doesn't bring the posts, it will only, like OT and JSO, take posts off the main board and put them into an ever smaller piece of the pie that is Basenotes use.

    We can put thoughts reflecting on the industry and the things Mentallo mentions into either the men's fragrances or women's fragrances boards right now, they'll clearly be on topic. If you think those topics you want to put up don't have a place currently, try out the existing boards and see if we can't carve out a greater thoughtful sphere on those board BY these kind of posts.

    Again, I ain't no voice of the house here. I do have my experience I rely on to inform me, but I only want to think about this idea just like all members can. There's only one voice of this house. But those are the reasons I think it doesn't work well to break the discussion into further pieces.

    Thanks for thinking this over.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  4. #4

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    i don't care for labels, so i go to any forum i want and i post anything i want so , if it's free that way, i don't see why a new one would make such big a difference. but i understand where are you coming from with this idea and appreciate it!

  5. #5
    Lean in closer, dear
    Quarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,042
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    To add another element to this discussion: What about the rule that says no cross-listing, or, in other words, you're not supposed to post the same item under two forums. I think I read this somewhere in the old rules, but I can't find that statement in the new setup.

    I've occasionally been frustrated by this limitation because I'll want to discuss one of my fave frags, and many tend to be unisex (Jicky, Black Vetyver Cafe, Dzing!, New Haarlem). If I pose a question about one of these scents in the female forum, and don't get any responses, I'm not supposed to put the same question in the male forum.

    Or, is that rule no longer in effect, so I could start the same thread in both the male and female forums?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

  6. #6

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    To add another element to this discussion: What about the rule that says no cross-listing, or, in other words, you're not supposed to post the same item under two forums. I think I read this somewhere in the old rules, but I can't find that statement in the new setup.

    I've occasionally been frustrated by this limitation because I'll want to discuss one of my fave frags, and many tend to be unisex (Jicky, Black Vetyver Cafe, Dzing!, New Haarlem). If I pose a question about one of these scents in the female forum, and don't get any responses, I'm not supposed to put the same question in the male forum.

    Or, is that rule no longer in effect, so I could start the same thread in both the male and female forums?
    Quarry,
    Now I can answer this as a mod. The cross-listing rule you mention is in effect presently, and is listed under Basenotes's rule number six. "Please do not post the same thread to more than one board unless it is absolutely essential. Duplicated may be deleted."

    Indeed, the men's fragrances discussion board is the most busy at this site and there is an understandable wish to get that attention on one's threads. But good threads anywhere develop attention and bring readers. Many members do hit both men's and women's fragrances discussion boards. Members post to threads on either as their attention and wishes dictate to them.

    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  7. #7

    Lightbulb Re: I think we need another forum

    What about having the option to allow the thread to be reachable by a link in both boards? I mean, data should be the same so it wouldn't be duplicated, but the thread could be visible from both the boards. For sure it should be used for crossgender threads only so, Mods attention would focus on the respect of this aspect maybe....
    Just a suggestion as I even don't know if it's feasible with this new sw...

  8. #8

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Weird that this topic didn't find more supporters.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

  9. #9
    Lean in closer, dear
    Quarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,042
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    Weird that this topic didn't find more supporters.
    Might be because it's in a remote forum.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

  10. #10

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Maybe we should make a forum just for this one topic.
    Makes sense to me.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

  11. #11
    La Nuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23

    Default why mens and womens sections?

    with the emergence of niche scents and perfumer like Serge Lutens who are extremely against the idea of classifying scents according to gender, I wonder what 's the point?

  12. #12
    La Nuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: why mens and womens sections?

    Hello ???

  13. #13
    Strange Accord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Missoula, Montana, United States
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: why mens and womens sections?

    Welcome La Nuit. (I love, love, love La Nuit). There are tons of posts in the men's section. Frankly, I find most men's fragrances too much alike, unoriginal and boring. I look on the female side because I can avoid wasting my time on talk about things I don't care about. And frankly, I don't know if I want to talk about fragrance with men who find the typical male fragrance of interest. I am afraid I won't have much in common with them.

    On the other hand, your username is La Nuit, and I noticed your three must have fragrances were Nombre Noir by Shiseido, 1000 by Jean Patou and Tubéreuse Criminelle by Serge Lutens. Now there is someone who has referred to three "feminine" fragrances I adore (and own).

    The unisex fragrances show up on the female side and that meets my need for discussion of those. So in its way, I find it an advantage to me to have this division.
    Last edited by Strange Accord; 3rd September 2006 at 09:28 PM.

  14. #14
    La Nuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: why mens and womens sections?

    thank you for your response Strange Accord. I agree with you I also find male marketed scents boring. I didn 't know unisex or gender neutral scents were posted in the womens section.

  15. #15

    Default Re: why mens and womens sections?

    Hi, La Nuit and Strange Accord.

    I know Grant can answer this more directly and thus better than I can, but the reason the board is spilt is that Basenotes started as a men's fragrances-theme site, the only one on the 'Net. There were several women's scent targeted discussion groups, however. Basenotes added a women's fragrances discussion board later, and added women's scents to its directory at the same time.

    Basenotes remains the only men's fragrances targeted discussion board available. Were it to meld the boards little would distinguish it from several other boards out there, to which anyone more interested in these formats can already go.

    Unisex or non-gender identified fragrances are discussed on both the men's and women's fragrances discussion boards here, and a quick look through Scent of the Day threads on each will show many men and women wearing them. Although titled "Men's Fragrances Discussion" and "Female Fragrances Discussion," the boards are respectively subtilted, in truer keeping with their purposes "For the discussion of men's fragrances, and fragrances worn by men," and "For the discussion of women's fragrances, and fragrances worn by women."

    It is the wearing of the fragrances, not their manufacturer's designantion, per se, that is the interest of discussions here.

    I hope this helps. Post to and read the boards you enjoy most! Thanks for joining and sharing your thoughts. Drop me a note if I can help with anything.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  16. #16
    La Nuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens, New York
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: why mens and womens sections?

    hi and thx for the explanation, I had no idea this was a men 's board originally but I understand it evolved with a women 's perfumes section, unisex etc. I think it 's great men wanted to have their own perfumes discussion board.

  17. #17

    Default Unisex discussion

    It seems like there's a lot of crossover of men to the female forum and vice versa. Plus, there are a lot of distinctly "unisex" fragrances themselves, as well as men that prefer "female" frags" (and vice versa).

    So, what do you all think of adding a unisex forum (or something a little more deftly named)? Or am I being a n00b and missing a place where this discussion already exists?
    --------------------------------------
    bump / supported
    Last edited by bernat; 9th November 2007 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #18

    Default Re: why mens and womens sections?

    Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Hi, La Nuit and Strange Accord.

    I know Grant can answer this more directly and thus better than I can, but the reason the board is spilt is that Basenotes started as a men's fragrances-theme site, the only one on the 'Net. There were several women's scent targeted discussion groups, however. Basenotes added a women's fragrances discussion board later, and added women's scents to its directory at the same time.

    Basenotes remains the only men's fragrances targeted discussion board available. Were it to meld the boards little would distinguish it from several other boards out there, to which anyone more interested in these formats can already go.

    Unisex or non-gender identified fragrances are discussed on both the men's and women's fragrances discussion boards here, and a quick look through Scent of the Day threads on each will show many men and women wearing them. Although titled "Men's Fragrances Discussion" and "Female Fragrances Discussion," the boards are respectively subtilted, in truer keeping with their purposes "For the discussion of men's fragrances, and fragrances worn by men," and "For the discussion of women's fragrances, and fragrances worn by women."

    It is the wearing of the fragrances, not their manufacturer's designantion, per se, that is the interest of discussions here.

    I hope this helps. Post to and read the boards you enjoy most! Thanks for joining and sharing your thoughts. Drop me a note if I can help with anything.
    --Chris
    So the separation is kept due to the site's heritage. On a related note, why then did the Female Fragrance Discussion move above the Male Fragrance Discussion in the list of forums during the most recent major forum upgrade (if I'm not mistaken)?

    I definitely think the women's/men's forums should stay separated, but I think some type of cross-post capability without duplication would be great. Magnifiscent suggested this a few posts back but it seems to have gotten no attention at all - kinda the Ron Paul post of this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    What about having the option to allow the thread to be reachable by a link in both boards? I mean, data should be the same so it wouldn't be duplicated, but the thread could be visible from both the boards. For sure it should be used for crossgender threads only so, Mods attention would focus on the respect of this aspect maybe....
    Just a suggestion as I even don't know if it's feasible with this new sw...

  19. #19

    Default Re: why mens and womens sections?

    MadSci,
    I don't even know why the FFD is placed above the MFD on the community main page. I'm only throwing out ideas here, but maybe alphabetical order? Exception being the JSO, which blows that theory on first glace, but the reason the JSO is at the top is we want newbies to see it first. That's reason enough to take it out of its aphabetical order.

    Might be to give the FFD a bit more attention too. Prove that the site doesn't want it to be an also ran forum. MFD survives on its own, clearly, and we'll all find it no matter where it is in the order.

    As to Mag's question about cross posting somehow, I know I've not said anything about it because I wait for the better informed to answer it. It isn't my territory to know about that and what software capabilities might be necessary or available.

    I'll need to remove posts that bring up politics.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

  20. #20

    Default Why no "Unisex" Forum?

    Okay, I don't like the word "unisex" -- because I grew up in the '70s and in places where even ice cream was "unisex" as a marketing device -- but it is fair to say that some or most of us wear fragrances that might or might no be marketing to our gender. Even more, we might be wearing (Malle, Lutens, CdG) fragrances that imply no gender.

    Isn't this the case? I wear Mitsouko. Is that a "guy's" fragrance? Probably more women wear it, right?

    So, why not a forum that does NOT attract people by gender or whatever but just to discuss fragrances? Personally, I find it disconcerting to jump from the male to female forum.

    Thoughts?

  21. #21

    Default Why no Unisex Forum

    Also posted in "male" forum:

    Okay, I don't like the word "unisex" -- because I grew up in the '70s and in places where even ice cream was "unisex" as a marketing device -- but it is fair to say that some or most of us wear fragrances that might or might no be marketing to our gender. Even more, we might be wearing (Malle, Lutens, CdG) fragrances that imply no gender.

    Isn't this the case? I wear Mitsouko. Is that a "guy's" fragrance? Probably more women wear it, right?

    So, why not a forum that does NOT attract people by gender or whatever but just to discuss fragrances? Personally, I find it disconcerting to jump from the male to female forum.

    Thoughts?

  22. #22

    Default Re: Why no Unisex Forum

    well, i discuss fragrance in both and i don't find it disconcerting in the lease. in fact, i'd likely find it a annoying to have a third forum in which to contribute. at this stage, i think a male/female organisation of the forums is the best way to keep everything neat and tidy. the fact is, it's purely a housekeeping function, and if i thought it were in any way a sexist/discriminatory device then i'd complain.
    current favourites: guerlain vetiver, trumper eucris, adp colonia
    latest swag: cdg man2, lolita lempicka au masculin
    next buys: keiko mecheri oliban, michael by michael kors

  23. #23

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    I wouldn't like a third board, as it would just confuse things. If I ever feel the need to ask about Unisex scents, that are more likely to be valued/spoken of on the Female boards, i'll make my post there (Ava Luxe thread, for example) If i'm interested in trying a perfume thats marketed to women, i'll still post there, for their opinion, and a few guys usually do chime in Everything else, like new scents that are released I tend to post in the mens forum, simply because there are more people on it, and for example the Montale releases, I posted on the Men's forum, even though they're both quite feminine because I feel montale is more valued and spoken of on the men's forum

    It's actually quite easy, just use your judgement and browse through both forums, or just stick to one if you can't be arsed, I just think making a third would just increase hassle for the mods, Grant and users of Basenotes

  24. #24

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    I think it's probably best the way it is except for a minor change. It's nice that us guys can have a community of our own, as well as the ladies. It is true that most perfume boards out there are dominated by women and women oriented perfumes. So it is great to have one that focuses on men's products. Having said that, I also wish the women's section of this site had more participation. That would be nice.

    However, I feel that if Grant is going to keep this division of the sexes, cross-posting should be allowed, or at least, communication between the groups should be made easier. Just think about that for a minute. The vast majority of posts would easily fall into one section or the other. Posts talking about unisex scents and those desiring communication from both sections could be cross-posted. But there's also a problem there with the ever increasing number of unisex scents. But how many people would actually want to cross-post? Not that many, I don't think, so I don't really see the harm in it. But certain posts would really benefit from the additional exposure.

    It is a pain to switch back and forth between the two. Maybe this could be made easier with direct links on the left side of the page rather than having to go back to Fragrance Discussion every time.

    Can anyone think of other ways to increase the male participation in the womens' forum and vice versa? Yes, some of us do it, but it would be great to have more interaction between these great Basenotes communities.

    A bigger problem is the neglect of the other groups, like this one, for example. You can post something in one of the less frequented groups and never get a reply. That is why many people prefer to post in the primary fragrance discussion groups. At least someone will read these threads there. I don't see why shopping posts or industry posts should be separated from the main fragrance discussion. I also think that there are too many groups already!

    noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 24th March 2008 at 06:29 PM.

  25. #25

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    It is a pain to switch back and forth between the two. Maybe this could be made easier with direct links on the left side of the page rather than having to go back to Fragrance Discussion every time.
    A pain? C'mon. Maybe you could open up another browser window or tab?

    You don't have to be "in" a particular forum to participate. There is a New Posts link on the main menu bar which will present to you ALL threads that have new posts since you last logged-in or Mark[ed] Forums Read (from the Quick Links dropdown on the main menu bar).

    My usual activity is as follows:

    1. Log-in
    2. Click New Posts link
    3. Read posts that interest me
    4. Click Mark Forums Read
    5. Repeat steps 2-4 periodically

    I also use the Today's Posts on the Quick Links dropdown sometimes because the New Posts query does not always seem to catch ALL the new posts for some reason.

    Personally, I like the organization of the forums the way they are

    But I do really like the cross-posting idea. I know this is possible because I've seen it on other forums. For instance, if you were to click the button to create a new topic in the men's forum, an option (checkbox called "Unisex Topic" or such) would be available to also make the topic visible in the women's forum. It would be a trully cross-posted thread as opposed to separate threads in separate forums with separate responses.

    I think having the two separate forums is good organisationally, but I think it also unintentionally segregates us. I believe there is a little intimidation factor, especially for newbies, in venturing into the other gender's domain. I think having a cross-posting capability would relieve a little of the intimidation factor, both ways, and would be a great way to invite our female members to participate more.

    I don't know if this version of vBulletin has a cross-post capability or if it might be an extra expense (like a plugin).
    Last edited by MadScientist; 24th March 2008 at 08:29 PM.

  26. #26
    Hoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    959
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    MadScientist beat me to the punch. I agree.

    Using "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" and ignoring the "forum" column on the right keeps it unisex. If it catches my attention, I'll read/respond regardless of which forum it's in.

    The male/female appellations are helpful in imposing some order. But gender specificity doesn't necessarily apply to fragrances. (Perhaps less gender-specific forum names, like "Butch" and "Femme"? )

    Cross-posting is not something I'd like to see, however. That would cause extra work on the reader, IMHO. Two threads to investigate instead of one.
    Last edited by Hoos; 24th March 2008 at 08:20 PM.
    Brent

    Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."


  27. #27

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    Cross-posting is not something I'd like to see, however. That would cause extra work on the reader, IMHO. Two threads to investigate instead of one.
    Not so. This is how the forums currently work. If you want to "cross-post" (or "Cross-list" as DustB describes above) you have to start a separate thread in each forum. This is forbidden by the BN rules.

    What I am describing is added functionality to the forum engine such that the user creates just ONE thread but that thread is displayed in 2 or more forums - the men's and women's in this case. It's a coding issue. It would eliminate the need for physical cross-posting/viewing while creating a more social "open door" between the two otherwise separate forums.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 24th March 2008 at 09:25 PM.

  28. #28

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    My twopennorth: I like the idea of cross-posting very much and think it would encourage more interaction between the male and female boards, which has to be a good thing. If Grant can magic this up as part of his recoding and redesign of the site, then brilliant.

    I feel that the male and female boards balance each other very well, keeping the tone polite, relaxed and amusing. While I'd love to see more guys posting on the female board, I'm pretty happy with the community the way it is. I dip into all 3 main boards (male, female and JSO) and prefer BN to any other forum out there. In fact, this is the only place I post.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

    I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

  29. #29

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    There is a New Posts link on the main menu bar which will present to you ALL threads that have new posts since you last logged-in or Mark[ed] Forums Read (from the Quick Links dropdown on the main menu bar).
    Well, I've just confirmed this does not seem to work 100%. I posted about this problem a while back in this forum but got no response. At that time, I wasn't absolutely sure it wasn't working because I couldn't reproduce my problem. However, I am now absolutely positive that the New Posts link does NOT ALWAYS pick up ALL new posts. Grrr

  30. #30

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Might be because it's in a remote forum.
    Definitely! I was going to post the same topic, but did a search first, and that's the only reason I found this thread!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with the idea. I do so carefully, however, and only as your fellow member--not as a mod or in any way a voice of the site.

    I think it would make only another board to visit. It would take a long time to really get its snowball rolling too, in the sense that members might take a while to figure out the place it plays in the site's scent-thinking life. The JSO board, for example, is only recently starting to have its snowball start rolling well as people get a working understanding of how it functions and how they can function with/on it.

    Further, and my greater reason for disagreeing, is that if it's just another board to visit, it's not any different from just visiting the other main boards here. If you usually visit the men's fragrance board, the proposed board would be just another to click open, same as today the women's board is just another to click open. Same as today the Off Topic or JSO are others you can click open. Remember, having the forum doesn't bring the posts, it will only, like OT and JSO, take posts off the main board and put them into an ever smaller piece of the pie that is Basenotes use.

    We can put thoughts reflecting on the industry and the things Mentallo mentions into either the men's fragrances or women's fragrances boards right now, they'll clearly be on topic. If you think those topics you want to put up don't have a place currently, try out the existing boards and see if we can't carve out a greater thoughtful sphere on those board BY these kind of posts.

    Again, I ain't no voice of the house here. I do have my experience I rely on to inform me, but I only want to think about this idea just like all members can. There's only one voice of this house. But those are the reasons I think it doesn't work well to break the discussion into further pieces.

    Thanks for thinking this over.
    --Chris
    I really, really think that idea of "ghosting" a thread in both sections at once is a great idea - thought it would probably be too much of a technical pain in the ass. You put up a new thread and if you hit a certain button, the same thread would simultaneously exist in both sections, and all responses from all sections show up on both sections. That would solve the whole thing about dividing the pie. Meanwhile gender specific topics would stay in their respective compartments, while broader topics get wider participation.

    Really, 99% of the questions I have pertain to shared fragrances or are questions relevant to men and women, so I find the division rather frustrating. And I have a shortcut to the mens section which is what I look at most because it's most active, but I tend to miss out on interesting discussions in the women's section.

    Right now I want to make a thread about if anyone colour coordonates their clothes with certain fragrances - I bet women have as much to say about that as guys, and I'd have to make two threads, which is against the rules, and tiresome to follow!

    By the way, what's JSO?
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 5th April 2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

    CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:




  31. #31

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    By the way, what's JSO?
    Just Starting Out
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

  32. #32

    Default Re: I think we need another forum

    Ah thanks! It all makes sense now - I was searching all over the net for this fabled JSO perfume forum, with no luck!

    While I'm here I just want to plug the idea of "ghosting" generalized threads relevant to both men and women so that they appear in both sections, and any replies likewise will appear in both sections. Don't know the mechanics of it in terms of computer programming, but I do find it tiresome to be opening the Male section and the Female section every time I visit the site, and most often when I post a thread, I find myself having to strategecially choose where I'm going to put it, as most of my inquiries are relevant to both sexes.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

    CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:




  33. #33

    Default Forum structure

    Is it really such a good idea to have one forum for "Female fragrance" and one for "Male fragrance"? I thought we were supposed to be rising above that sort of abrupt dichotomy? Where does one post about unisex perfumes?

Similar Threads

  1. Another forum request (trade feedback)
    By bluesoul in forum Community Centre Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th March 2008, 06:52 AM
  2. Few thoughts on the rules of the forum
    By godzilla in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 9th February 2006, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000