Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: House Referendum -- L'Artisan Parfumeur

I love the depth and oddity of the l'Artisan scents. I don't like them all, but I do love the way they strive to be different. I also really enjoy the fact that they appear to be primarily designed for your own personal pleasure, rather than as "magnets" for the opposite sex.

That said, I own and especially love:

Navegar - This is an extra-strong gin and tonic sipped on an old dock extending into the Atlantic from Cape Cod during those lovely "bridge" weeks between summer and autumn. This is my ideal aquatic; if only it lasted a bit longer.

L'Eau de Navigateur - A newly tanned peice of leather that the tanner spilled a cup of milky but strong coffee on. (As this has been discontinued, I've got a bottle in reserve.) No longevity problems here: this one goes on and on.

Dzongka - So hard to describe, and seemingly not much-loved on this thread. But after the disconcerting opening blast, the dry-down is exquisite.

I'm on the hunt for a bottle of Timbuktu, and am still debating the merits of buying Fou d'Absinthe and Dzing! The latter is evidently being discontinued, according the Luca Turin. Unfortunately, my local store only has the 100ml bottle left, and I'm not sure I like it enough to pay 125-odd Euro for it.

Default Re: House Referendum -- L'Artisan Parfumeur

L'Artisan aren't my favourite house. There's nothing they sell that says "Male occupying this space".

I've only got five of their scents, two big bottles I bought at half price, two small bottles were given to me for free as I bought the latter two, and one my wife gave back to me because she was getting a headache whenever she wore it.

That said, there are plenty of niche houses that I like a lot less than L'Artisan.
    Renato

P.S. Ooops, I've actually got six of their scents - I forgot about the one I paid $10 for.
    Last edited by Renato; 31st May 2008 at 08:53 AM.