Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Retrying frags with a bad reputation here

I'd say Roberto Cavalli Man (his first scent). Both ignored on this board and trashed on the review board.
    I think it's an excellent fragrance. Sparkling and refreshing opening (much like the ever-popular D&G Light Blue). The drydown is very soft, classy and comforting. The bottle is a stunner.
    Top: Bergamot, ginger, lemon
    Heart: Cedarwood, leather, lavender
    Base: Sandalwood, myrrh, musk
    What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    Looks like I got a huge lists of scents to try/retry now! I spent 3 hours at Jasina trying out lots of scents I've never heard before. One of them caught my attention - Escada Fruit Punch. It's for ladies but who cares? An effervescent tangy mix of tropical fruits. Not your usual kind of vanilla sweetness!

Btw, going a little off topic, Paco Rabanne Black XS got me interested. Calamansi and strawberries, a slightly edgy and sweet note in the middle(must be praline which they listed in their notes), something resinous smelling in the bottom which I think could be that "black amber" note. Not sure whether I should get it though... This thing might get cloying in Singapore which is like summer all through the year! And 3 other fragrances caught my attention too:Kouros which I previously mentioned. Loewe Essencia-a musty green scent. Patou pour Homme-THIS IS DA BOMB.. warm, boozy, leathery...intruiging fragrance... The person selling me the perfume(Wahida) told me how Marlen tried to buy 5 bottles of this discontinued gem and how he had Jasina ship so much fragrances to him that the shipping fee amounted to $200(around US$1200)!
    Tried Gucci Envy too and was pleasantly surprised. An intense woody fragrance perfect for romantic occasions.. but I'd rather get the other 3! Besides, I haven't had any luck with romance LOL! Hmmm.. must be all that "old man's scents" I'm wearing all the time. Oh well...

Oh, and don't be embarrassed expressing your love for hated perfumes. You're most probably perceiving a different scent than others anyway!
    That's all now... Keep an open mind and keep sniffing!
    The shipping fee was $200 US - how in the world could you think I would be nuts enough to spend $1200 on....no, no, it's true...I am that nuts!

Jasina rocks, and lemme tell ya that Black XS is some great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    The shipping fee was $200 US - how in the world could you think I would be nuts enough to spend $1200 on....no, no, it's true...I am that nuts!

Jasina rocks, and lemme tell ya that Black XS is some great stuff!
    Yes! I went back to get a bottle of Black XS the day after I started this thread! Haha you're as much of a fragrance addict as you are a connoiseur! Spotted a few bottles of Patou pour Homme aftershave spray left... I much prefer the edt though!