Code of Conduct

Default went a sniffin' at the mall

First stop Perfumania and gave Alien a whiff, and was surprised to find it so soft and rosy. My first sniff was a tiny baby-like breath because I was expecting that nose-hair singe topnote that I get from Angel. I was pleased and surprised, Alien exceeded my expectations. The sales lady kept trying to push the newest promo, gift with purchase slop so I left. This is my first venture to the mall without my 3year old since she was born, I had to make EVERY SNIFF COUNT! I went to Filene's, where I was usually left alone, back before the child...now they have non-Filene's people stalking for pray. I got a chance to sniff Chanel CoCo ( both orig. & Mme) No.'s 5,19,22, Cristalle, Chance and Allure. I had the impression that I only liked Chance, but to my surprise, I apparently love anything they can push out. I loved and would buy a bottle of each . I definetly want No.5 and and Cristalle mini's before year's end. All the while Miss Useless prattled on about Escada.. uh no...Burberry Red...for the love of crumb-cake, please shhhh and for some reason I sprayed myself with Vera Wang expecting tuberose and now I smell like I'm 2 beers away from doing body shots off my 19 yr old taut tummy because Daddy didn't talk to me enough growing up . Vera does insipid vanilla ? Since when?..

Default Re: went a sniffin' at the mall

hi i did the same thing today..only i went to specfically to sniff Fire island by Bond 9 and i really think it lacks period .does it smell good? yes it smells good ..but if i want to smell like im wearing an intense layer of coppertone ( i heard it smelled like bain de solei ) NOT! that would have been alot better i love that smell but coppertone??? what were they thinking ..god im embarrassed for Laurice Rahme...but if i want to smell like the beach ill spray on BB's Beach and wear coppertone all for under 70 $ . ..its really nicer than beach in the respect that its a richer full bodied fragrance ..deeper..but were STILL talking the beach here..i dont know im from miami beach i was born here...and we cant wait to get home and get that smell off of us ..at least the locals are that way..fire island has zero longevity ..all in all dissappointing..im sticking to my L'heure Bleu ..what a difference ..not only on a different page its a different book..

The sad thing is that I went to sniff some Estee Lauder scents, it has been...15 years since I gave any a whiff. That woman at the mall MUST have worked for Calvin Klein, she kept sticking CK BE/Obsession/Eternity and other of his scents in my nose. I like Calvin but I only had an hour to look around. My daughter is sick with tummy trouble since the winter, I can't take her shopping, I can't have someone watch her, my family is 400 miles away. I am stuck like glue to this house, so this woman really ruined it for me. She was nice but oblivious, never heard of Apres L'Ondee and she thought Mitsouko was discontinued years ago. If I get the chance to go again this year, no more Mr. Nicelady, I'll tell her "Go away, Itchy Ass".

What a drag! There is nothing worse than being waived off of a "sniffy-counter" by a person who is "selling" fragrance but has absolutely no passion for it and no knowledge of it. Grrr.....
    Bel Respiro, I adore you... but my heart belongs to another.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Miss Useless prattled on about Escada.. uh no...Burberry Red...for the love of crumb-cake, please shhhh and for some reason I sprayed myself with Vera Wang expecting tuberose and now I smell like I'm 2 beers away from doing body shots off my 19 yr old taut tummy because Daddy didn't talk to me enough growing up .
    LOL

I'm sorry about your daughter and her tummy problems.

I have not set foot in my local Perfumania store since April when the manager got transfered to another store some 30 miles away. The new one seems all ambition and pushiness based on arrogance and lack of knowledge. I know I need to try it again one of these days, but I am afraid.

well u know this is what i do when they start swarming around like vultures...i say listen my time is limited..i dont mean to b rude but if i want something ill FIND YOU! .but i can concentrate on what im doing here if you keep interupting me and if i was interested in calvin id be at his counter not at estee lauders...hello??? thats for you tink..)

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Accord
    I'm sorry about your daughter and her tummy problems.
    Thank you, it's so hard sometimes, but she is sooo worth it well, when she's not having a Diva fit...